Lets try to sort out the (complicated) ai drinks issues

Hi sodafountain

Julessmiles - As you stated earlier, you will have to watch your children don't get conned into cans and ensure they ask for a glass. Don't know how old they are but you will have to impress on them to be precise when ordering.

:):) (one for each of you)

They're ok, they're 13 & 16 - just need to re- inforce to them not to sign for anything where there is a charge as that is where Thomson could be crafty, giving people cans, charging for them but people not really looking at what they are signing for!!!

Thoms definitely said...somewhere?....that the ai packages had been standardised across the fleet, except for cider.....clearly this is not the case (I'm sure I didn’t imagine it)

I've done a screen grab of the majesty drinks menu (thanks donna & tony who posted this video - I hope you don’t mind)

fizzy.jpg

cans of fizzy are free on ai on majesty?! on dream & celebration they carry a 95P supplement and cost £1.90 if you are not...there are lots of other differences too

Honestly Thoms....I'm losing the will!?:mad:

Thoms definitely said...somewhere?....that the ai packages had been standardised across the fleet, except for cider.....clearly this is not the case (I'm sure I didn’t imagine it)

I've done a screen grab of the majesty drinks menu (thanks donna & tony who posted this video - I hope you don’t mind)

fizzy.jpg

cans of fizzy are free on ai on majesty?! on dream & celebration they carry a 95P supplement and cost £1.90 if you are not...there are lots of other differences too

Honestly Thoms....I'm losing the will!?:mad:

Aaaaaarrrrgggghhhhh! What with that and the disappearing Mojitos :eek::(

Some differences between Majesty and Dream Bar Lists.

Lots more choice of Cocktails on Dream but about 25p more expensive.

Gordon's gin and Bombay 20p more on Dream

No draught beer on Majesty only 1 lager to choose from

Different brands of bottled/cans of beer on both ships

No draught cider on Majesty only 275ml cans

Cans of soft drinks on Dream £1.80 or 95p on AI

Cans of soft drinks on Majesty £1.70 or free on AI

Coffees, average of 20p cheaper on Majesty

Oh no, what no Mojitos! !!!!! That's dreadful, by far the best cocktail :(:(:(:(

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Although Mojito still listed on the Majesty bar list, see link on previous page to YouTube video, about 12 minutes 20 seconds, and no AI supplement.

We'll see if it's still there after the Canaries cruise has finished.

If I understand this right , apart from Cider they have brought all ships Bar Menu's into line to save confusion .:confused:

Well this is the Majesty menu five weeks ago and yes you could have a can of soft drink and yes you can have a Mojito:confused::D

Save_maj_bar.jpg

Save_maj_bar_2.jpg

He said it here - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1741849

This is the page that the Thomson Team say it is the same on all ships, with the exception of Cider - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1748799&page=10

Wonder why they can't just give an honest answer.

He said it here - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1741849

This is the page that the Thomson Team say it is the same on all ships, with the exception of Cider - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1748799&page=10

Wonder why they can't just give an honest answer.

Thanks for finding that soda:cool:

its there in black and white!

Frazer said

'We announced our plans to change the package on Thomson Dream and Thomson Celebration a while ago now, and this is purely to try and make sure that our package is the same on all our ships - or as close as it can be.'

clearly it hasn’t happened....in fact it hasn’t even remotely happened...it isn’t even remotely close?:confused:

and, what about this?!

package.jpg

Available to purchase on majesty

I have seriously lost the will:mad:

Found it :D:D:D

Glad you found it, have been trying to copy & paste the link but really couldn't as I'm not on a PC and I'm not technical enough lol

OT Dreamgirl but see you use Tapatalk; is it good for these Forums, and easy to use? Thinking about getting it .....

I am sure many of you have thought I have moaned, whined, complained and gone on and on about the AI and drinks packages (specifically caribbean and UK cruises where no offers or discounts are ever offered) well..............I need say no more.........point made!!

An absolute disgrace Thomson!!

To the Thomson team on here take all of this to your Mr Ellacott.....promises that you not so much can't keep but won't and never had any intentions of keeping!! No Excuses for this one :confused:

Glad you found it, have been trying to copy & paste the link but really couldn't as I'm not on a PC and I'm not technical enough lol

OT Dreamgirl but see you use Tapatalk; is it good for these Forums, and easy to use? Thinking about getting it .....

Hi Jules, it's really easy to use, always shows threads you are following and new ones easy to find, lets you know as soon as someone adds a post to a thread you are following too :):)

I am sure many of you have thought I have moaned, whined, complained and gone on and on about the AI and drinks packages (specifically caribbean and UK cruises where no offers or discounts are ever offered) well..............I need say no more.........point made!!

An absolute disgrace Thomson!!

To the Thomson team on here take all of this to your Mr Ellacott.....promises that you not so much can't keep but won't and never had any intentions of keeping!! No Excuses for this one :confused:

I agree with everything you have said Whistler as I am sure many people do.

Hi Jules, it's really easy to use, always shows threads you are following and new ones easy to find, lets you know as soon as someone adds a post to a thread you are following too :):)

Thank you, I will investigate ........

Hi Jim

Not according to the drinks menus geomagot (think?) put on a couple of weeks ago (can't find them now). There were lots of drinks carrying supplements which had not been before, e.g. soft drinks.

Definitely glad we go payg then know where we are. Only had AI twice by default.:) Just feel sorry for parents who may have AI paying 95p for cans of pop for their kids. Wait for the fall out when the schools are out.:eek: :)

Hi skioncruises

Apologies.When I saw geos post with drinks list ages ago I took it as read that the Dream would be the same as thats what we were all being told by Thomsons.Obviously thats not the case.It appears if you cruise on their Platinum ships you get less perks than you do on their non platinum ships yet I would have thought it should be the other way round.

We didn`t pay directly for our AI and theres more than enough choice on the AI to wet my whistle but think a supplement for tins of juice is extracting the urine

I know I know,we didn`t pay for our AI but I do like a good moan :D

Jim, same here we had our AI as part of booking early,

I am happy with what I have seen on the Bar menu, although Mrs dissappointed that there is no Sangria! on the cocktail menu, as she enjoys one or two during the day when on holiday.

enjoy your cruise

Carrs:D

Hi Jim

Like you, I would have expected the Bar Lists to be the other way round but hey ho.

As I have said before, we have only had AI twice and that's been by default. I only drink fizzy/water/black coffee and DH drinks 80/- (being a Scot you'll know what I mean;)). It appears the ships definition of beer is lager and he is not fond of John Smiths or Boddingtons. Consequently we payg and our bill is very low.

Slainte:)

Archived