Lets try to sort out the (complicated) ai drinks issues

Jakanne1 - I too hope Dave is right and its just the usual Thomson nonsense. Without doubt Thomson will have a lot of very disgruntled customers if they were to withdraw the likes of barcardi and smirnoff, I would be furious had I paid the AI price.

Thinking about the move were it to actually happen, would it mean people may buy more duty free for branded spirits. Really can't see that happening without more customers just not bothering with AI so Thomson really would be a bit stupid there.

We will be taking some coffee sachets too, it is essential for my sanity to keep my DH topped up with the daily caffeine fix. Would love to see someone try get between the coffeeholic and the urn!! :D

Jakanne1 - I too hope Dave is right and its just the usual Thomson nonsense. Without doubt Thomson will have a lot of very disgruntled customers if they were to withdraw the likes of barcardi and smirnoff, I would be furious had I paid the AI price.

Thinking about the move were it to actually happen, would it mean people may buy more duty free for branded spirits. Really can't see that happening without more customers just not bothering with AI so Thomson really would be a bit stupid there.

We will be taking some coffee sachets too, it is essential for my sanity to keep my DH topped up with the daily caffeine fix. Would love to see someone try get between the coffeeholic and the urn!! :D

I think now it has just been conflicting and misleading remarks made by the Thomson Blog team. I hope so! One still wonders why they are not sending out the requested bar menus as they were doing. This was put on this morning.

AElaine @Thomson says:23/01/2013 at 00:39

Hi G......, As stated in our Terms and Conditions the drinks package includes selected draught beers. spirits, aperitifs, house wine, soft drinks and a range of cocktails. Some branded spirits and premium drinks such as champagne, malt whiskies, ciders and bottled beers, speciality coffees and bottled water aren’t included. We haven’t changed our policies. This information can be found in the back of our brochure.

I took coffee sachets and t-bags too, just in case, but did not use them so the maids at our stay hotel in Corfu got them! With being on AI it was easier to get a coffee from the bars although I do like my Skinny brand in the sachet.

Jakanne1 -

Ah thats funny, if all else fails you could fit an IV drip :):):)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I think now it has just been conflicting and misleading remarks made by the Thomson Blog team. I hope so! One still wonders why they are not sending out the requested bar menus as they were doing. This was put on this morning.

Hi G......, As stated in our Terms and Conditions the drinks package includes selected draught beers. spirits, aperitifs, house wine, soft drinks and a range of cocktails. Some branded spirits and premium drinks such as champagne, malt whiskies, ciders and bottled beers, speciality coffees and bottled water aren’t included. We haven’t changed our policies. This information can be found in the back of our brochure.

I took coffee sachets and t-bags too, just in case, but did not use them so the maids at our stay hotel in Corfu got them! With being on AI it was easier to get a coffee from the bars although I do like my Skinny brand in the sachet.

Hi jakanne, just out if interest which hotel did you stay in and what was it like . Handy to know for future ref ;);):)

this is just mad! its mad! its Crazy??

the dream/celebration drinks menu is here in black and white (full colour actually)

why is ai package different on majesty/spirit?

they were selling beer packages on majesty/spirit? at one time (weren’t they?)

why cant the ai/packages not be standard across the fleet??we would all know were we were then so would thoms

why cant there be a range of drinks packages (to suit all budgets/tastes) along with full ai available to purchase? why cant this be standardised across the fleet?

why are thomsons no longer giving out drinks menus?? (Ominous!)

why dont they know what they are talking about...they flippin well should know.....if they dont know? dog knows, who knows??

why bother with a blog/facebook/twitter if info is misleading/downright wrong....setting themselves up here for some deadly criticism

heads up thoms

Firstly, they HAVE standadised the AI, i thought that was the whole point of downgrading the Dream & Celebration AI menu, to bring it into line with the Spirit and Majesty, as quoted by the big man himself in the question and answer session.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1741849

Hello,

I've consulted the team and looked back through our records, and we haven't changed the Thomson Spirit/Thomson Majesty All Inclusive offering since November 2011. And the only thing we changed at that time was to add a supplement to Tia Maria. Cranberry juice has had a supplement since at least May 2010.

We announced our plans to change the package on Thomson Dream and Thomson Celebration a while ago now, and this is purely to try and make sure that our package is the same on all our ships - or as close as it can be.

Thanks,

Fraser

Secondly, the quote from Thomson above says SOME, not all branded spirits, so i think it is the blog team getting it all wrong, as per usual, maybe someone from the Thomson Team will advise us, i think they are due to give us a couple more answers in 10 days or so!!

I think (and hope) that this is just Thomson blog staff not really knowing what is going on and trying to give answers to questions without actually committing to any facts. As Jakanne1 pointed out they replied to my comment by referring to they're terms and conditions which states 'SOME' branded drinks are not included. To me, this implies that SOME also ARE included. If, when we get to it there are no branded drinks as some blog staff have stated, then Thomson may have a real problem. As you highlighted Jackanne1, they clearly say that they haven't changed their policies. I am hopeful that this is an almighty *** up by the social media team. It still doesn't change the fact that they are causing unnecessary concern to their customers before their hard earned holidays!

Hi jakanne, just out if interest which hotel did you stay in and what was it like . Handy to know for future ref ;);):)

The Thomas Bay in San Stefanos. We have been to SS many times and love the village. The Thomas Bay is a small family run hotel in the centre of the village and we are returning there in Sept after our Adriatic cruise. It's one of those hotels that people return to year after year. It's very basic, but clean and comfortable, lovely clean swimming pool and large garden with lots of sun beds and shade. Quiet during the day but can be lively at night! Their food, though not up to cruise standards, was quite acceptable. The bar and waiting staff were funny and friendly. They have entertainment every night but in the village there are plenty of alternative things to do and excellent eating places. The beach is huge and the sea is quite shallow so ideal for children. As in many hotels and ships, some rooms are in a better position than others. The area is renowned for its excellent walks.

To be honest, if we could, we would stay in one of the excellent self catering apartments in the village but the Thomas Bay is fine to recuperate after a cruise!

Sorry, I have gone on a bit! Ask me if you want to know more.

And I'm relying on you to report back, Dave! :):D;). Although Linda will beat you to it because you are having 2 weeks, lucky man.

Nearly there, ironed some hankies this morning and tried on my dinner jacket :eek:

Xmas got me, it is too small so no formal nights for dave unless i can sneak in wearing a shirt and tie.

thank god for elasticated waisbands :D

Nearly there, ironed some hankies this morning and tried on my dinner jacket :eek:

Xmas got me, it is too small so no formal nights for dave unless i can sneak in wearing a shirt and tie.

thank god for elasticated waisbands :D

Hope you have an absolutely fantastic time Dave :)

The Thomas Bay in San Stefanos. We have been to SS many times and love the village. The Thomas Bay is a small family run hotel in the centre of the village and we are returning there in Sept after our Adriatic cruise. It's one of those hotels that people return to year after year. It's very basic, but clean and comfortable, lovely clean swimming pool and large garden with lots of sun beds and shade. Quiet during the day but can be lively at night! Their food, though not up to cruise standards, was quite acceptable. The bar and waiting staff were funny and friendly. They have entertainment every night but in the village there are plenty of alternative things to do and excellent eating places. The beach is huge and the sea is quite shallow so ideal for children. As in many hotels and ships, some rooms are in a better position than others. The area is renowned for its excellent walks.

To be honest, if we could, we would stay in one of the excellent self catering apartments in the village but the Thomas Bay is fine to recuperate after a cruise!

Sorry, I have gone on a bit! Ask me if you want to know more.

Thanks Jakanne, I've nearly booked there a few times in the past so good to know it's so nice. We can't decide between east med cruise and stay or Caribbean for 2014 , if a Corfu start would book the Thomas bay, doing west med and week at son matias this year.

Problem is we've got £200 FCC with p&o to use next year so may have to go with them as cant afford two a year :(:(

Done my API today. Tried to print off my e-tickets, but internet terrible at the moment - keeps going off! Is it the weather? Will try again later.

Snow again today but not laying, thank goodness. Just seen the 6 o'clock news and think we may have been quite lucky here :eek:

Hoping to go shopping tomorrow and get some toiletries for next week.

What do you want me to do Jakanne. As you know we only drink wine and beer, so do you want me to STEAL a drinks menu :eek: or I may be able to photograph them :rolleyes:

DH never tries on anything before he goes and it always seems to fit :rolleyes:

Oh what should I take? It is about 20C at the moment. Don't think I shall be wearing the bikini :D:D

Done my API today. Tried to print off my e-tickets, but internet terrible at the moment - keeps going off! Is it the weather? Will try again later.

Snow again today but not laying, thank goodness. Just seen the 6 o'clock news and think we may have been quite lucky here :eek:

What do you want me to do Jakanne. As you know we only drink wine and beer, so do you want me to STEAL a drinks menu :eek: or I may be able to photograph them

Oh what should I take? It is about 20C at the moment. Don't think I shall be wearing the bikini :D:D

What ever you wear Linda just have a great time, i'm very envious :)

this is just mad! its mad! its Crazy??

the dream/celebration drinks menu is here in black and white (full colour actually)

why is ai package different on majesty/spirit?

they were selling beer packages on majesty/spirit? at one time (weren’t they?)

why cant the ai/packages not be standard across the fleet??we would all know were we were then so would thoms

why cant there be a range of drinks packages (to suit all budgets/tastes) along with full ai available to purchase? why cant this be standardised across the fleet?

why are thomsons no longer giving out drinks menus?? (Ominous!)

why dont they know what they are talking about...they flippin well should know.....if they dont know? dog knows, who knows??

why bother with a blog/facebook/twitter if info is misleading/downright wrong....setting themselves up here for some deadly criticism

heads up thoms

I'm sure Thomson like to create complicated and confused prices (cruise and drinks) so the customer thinks they're getting a bargain or something for nothing. Nobody could deny that we all love that sort of thing. In reality the discounts whether from brochure, online or TA are factored in anyway. Very few will complain because nobody (Thomson included) is really very sure what the actual product was meant to be in the first place!! Aarrgghhh.......

maybe someone from the Thomson Team will advise us, i think they are due to give us a couple more answers in 10 days or so!!

I wouldn't put money on that but I doubt the bookies would even give you odds! :D

We apparently have the 4th slowest Internet in the country!

Snow again today but not laying, thank goodness. Just seen the 6 o'clock news and think we may have been quite lucky here

We are getting 5cm to 10cm and more on high ground (us) on Friday. Pleased I'm not going this Friday! Guess I will be up in the middle of the night on AIS checking on Majesty's route again. :eek:

What do you want me to do Jakanne. As you know we only drink wine and beer, so do you want me to STEAL a drinks menu or I may be able to photograph them :rolleyes:

Noooo, don't steal. :eek: Just need to know if they still have Gordon's, Ron Bacardi and Cointreau on AI, and cans of diet coke. The red wine was very acceptable in Sept so hope it still is ok. After that I work through the cocktail list which is very limited.

Oh what should I take? It is about 20C at the moment. Don't think I shall be wearing the bikini :D.

My DH too. I have to watch what I eat and walk 2 miles x 3 times a week. Then after the cruise it's back to Sl..... W.... to lose it! Will take a bikini just in case and my new fake fur jacket! :D. 22C is quite warm. We are lucky to get that in summer here. At least in the height of summer you know what clothes to take.

Thanks Linda.

Wondering if anyone can tell me (as i am becoming more confused) Will i still be able to get sambuca and lemonade? Strange drink maybe, but this is what i like, and it was available on our Celebration trip in June last year, or will this too, be classed as two drinks? I also had Tia Maria and lemonade, but as there is a supplement for Tia Maria, i will leave this one alone.

Wondering if anyone can tell me (as i am becoming more confused) Will i still be able to get sambuca and lemonade? Strange drink maybe, but this is what i like, and it was available on our Celebration trip in June last year, or will this too, be classed as two drinks? I also had Tia Maria and lemonade, but as there is a supplement for Tia Maria, i will leave this one alone.

Lemonade should be ok, as it will be classed as a mixer, like coke etc., it appears, according to some, but not actually confirmed by anyone, that orange juice is no longer classed as a mixer, so you can't have vodka and orange (even though orange juice is free on the AI, this is where the 2 drinks comes in, as you are ordering a vodka AND then an orange juice).

Lemonade should be ok, as it will be classed as a mixer, like coke etc., it appears, according to some, but not actually confirmed by anyone, that orange juice is no longer classed as a mixer, so you can't have vodka and orange (even though orange juice is free on the AI, this is where the 2 drinks comes in, as you are ordering a vodka AND then an orange juice).

Phew well at least i can find something to drink then. Thanks for that. I still think Thomson are misleading people and they need to get their act together

Hi Sodafountain, you’re doing a good job of explaining all this, to be honest as we don’t go again till Oct I’ve only been dipping in and out of this but just had a quick read through again and what a right royal .... up Thomsons are making of All Inc.

Those of you on here trying to get some honest answers and get it all sorted well done as it is a complete farce !

It seems Thomsons start something then panic thinking it will cost them too much and change the rules.

If it’s going to be getting more limited as time goes on dread to think what will still be "allowed" in Oct.

Just to put the cat amongst the pigeons I like Bacardi with a little orange (squash…so not expensive) topped up with some lemonade , I guess I’ll be thrown overboard if I ask for that :rolleyes:

Hi Sodafountain, you’re doing a good job of explaining all this, to be honest as we don’t go again till Oct I’ve only been dipping in and out of this but just had a quick read through again and what a right royal .... up Thomsons are making of All Inc.

Those of you on here trying to get some honest answers and get it all sorted well done as it is a complete farce !

It seems Thomsons start something then panic thinking it will cost them too much and change the rules.

If it’s going to be getting more limited as time goes on dread to think what will still be "allowed" in Oct.

Just to put the cat amongst the pigeons I like Bacardi with a little orange (squash…so not expensive) topped up with some lemonade , I guess I’ll be thrown overboard if I ask for that :rolleyes:

Sounds like a cocktail.....it just needs an exotic name! :rolleyes:

Sounds like a cocktail.....it just needs an exotic name! :rolleyes:

How about the "Walk The Plank" cocktail :D

Hoping to get some answers one day, but then again, with our cruise also not until October on the Majesty, who knows what we'll have by then, maybe our AI will only allow beer, wine and coffee by then, then again, they may say we have to buy an additional beer pack of 35 pints at a supplement to get free beer lol

How about the "Walk The Plank" cocktail :D

Hoping to get some answers one day, but then again, with our cruise also not until October on the Majesty, who knows what we'll have by then, maybe our AI will only allow beer, wine and coffee by then, then again, they may say we have to buy an additional beer pack of 35 pints at a supplement to get free beer lol

Walk the Plank cocktail.....excellent name. :D

Archived