Not that I would ever dream of.....

NauticalOne

Not that I would ever dream of watching an NFL football game during a cruise with my wonderful wife (there, that sentence for the wonderful wife to read is now out of the way).

I am thinking that since Sunday is a sea day on the Crown for us, that watching a football game (hopefully on the MUTS screen) may be allowed. Would love to see my Seahawks beat the Falcons while sitting next to the pool. Just a thought. :)

What games they show can be a bit hit and miss. Ask the Cruise director and get a request in for the game you want if there is more than one option.:D

It's the playoffs....there's only one 'option' at a time now.

We've always been able to watch NFL games while in the Caribbean. I think it mostly depends on satellite reception.

It's the playoffs....there's only one 'option' at a time now.

We've always been able to watch NFL games while in the Caribbean. I think it mostly depends on satellite reception.

I agree then, they should play it, if not on MUTS at least in the theatre or another big screen. They played the AFL Grand Final (Australian Football) on both MUTS and in one of the bars on a big screen, unfortunately they could not do the same the next night for the NRL (Rugby League) Grand final.:D

It also depends on the satalite {sp} from the ship. I wanted to watch a world series game once and all they could get was soccer from Mexico. Seeing how the Giants are out of it I have to root for Denver now. Good luck.

Not that I would ever dream of watching an NFL football game during a cruise with my wonderful wife (there, that sentence for the wonderful wife to read is now out of the way).

I am thinking that since Sunday is a sea day on the Crown for us, that watching a football game (hopefully on the MUTS screen) may be allowed. Would love to see my Seahawks beat the Falcons while sitting next to the pool. Just a thought. :)

We got to watch the Superbowl on our 2009 cruise on Emerald .. it was great. They had a seafood buffet in Horizon court and just kept getting more seafood the entire game.

So, the good news is odds are you will probably get to watch the game .. bad news is the Falcons are going to win :D

I would have to think the bigger concern would be even being able to sit by the pool (and I mean where you could get wet) and watch a game on day 1 of your cruise out of Galveston. It's not that warm there.:eek:

We're on this same cruise in late Feb and I figure day 1 will likely be more of an inside kind of day.

Watched the Super Bowl last year on the MUTS on the Island Princess last year. A little cold and windy but a great experience to have. How many people can say they watched it in the middle of the ocean on a 300 square foot screen? Had my wife take a picture of me with the screen in the back ground. The only problem was the wrong team won.

Watched the Super Bowl last year on the MUTS on the Island Princess last year. A little cold and windy but a great experience to have. How many people can say they watched it in the middle of the ocean on a 300 square foot screen? Had my wife take a picture of me with the screen in the back ground. The only problem was the wrong team won.

hopefully I will get to see the superbowl this year on the Island Princess:):)

Watched the Bears against The 49ers a few years ago for Monday night football on the Crown. The showed it on MUTS. Definitely one of the better ways to watch a football game. Someone to bring you beer and popcorn and you don't even have to ask that hard to get it. No begging, pleading, oh wait.......

Too bad the Bears lost, just like they did this year....

Watched the Bears against The 49ers a few years ago for Monday night football on the Crown. The showed it on MUTS. Definitely one of the better ways to watch a football game. Someone to bring you beer and popcorn and you don't even have to ask that hard to get it. No begging, pleading, oh wait.......

Be careful !!!! She who must be obeyed may have learned to read without your knowledge !:eek:

Be careful !!!! She who must be obeyed may have learned to read without your knowledge !:eek:

LOL, be very very careful:D

There will be lots of people sunning, playing games, sitting in the shade as you watch the game. Should be shown, but I too think Falcons will win. Can't wait to watch the Superbowl on MUTS. Football on MUTS is a must. You could also send her shopping onboard or to the spa (just a women's opinion).

So I have a question along these same lines. My wife and I will be on the Caribbean Princess the second weekend of the NCAA tournament in March. Are there any bars that might be showing the basketball games? I'm hoping that my NC State Wolfpack (who just knocked off the #1 team in the nation) will still be dancing when we get on the ship.

We gave our guys a pass from FORMAL night on last year's South America cruise. They had burgers and fries and my girlfriend and I had horrible food in Horizon Court. We joined the guys for the game and enjoyed the ice cream. It was a FUN night! Karen

They lost :(

Archived