Silver Spirit - Verandahs

Tothesunset

OK, this might seem like an odd question: Are the verandahs of the Silver Spirit Verandah Suites very private? Simple reason for question is that we like to get a few rays without getting the ''white bits''.

They are reasonably private, i.e. one would have to stand on the furniture to be able to peer over the divider, but it is possible to look down on part of them (probably just about avoiding falling over the side of the ship). Methinks you will be perfectly safe from prying eyes.

If that still worries you, then splash out on a Silver Suite on deck 11, you cannot then be overlooked by any guests.

They are reasonably private, i.e. one would have to stand on the furniture to be able to peer over the divider, but it is possible to look down on part of them (probably just about avoiding falling over the side of the ship). Methinks you will be perfectly safe from prying eyes.

If that still worries you, then splash out on a Silver Suite on deck 11, you cannot then be overlooked by any guests.

Actually, we are both fairly unfazed by being seen but you never know how others will react so it's just easier to be secluded. Especially when people seem to trip over themselves to be offended these days!

As for the Silver Suite - do you have next week's winning lottery numbers handy?

Don't be shy about asking the cruise director for recommendations to "white-bit-free" beaches. On our last cruise, Colin was able to help my dh out in some of the ports.

In a civilised world he would be able to point out the naturist sun deck on the ship!

In a civilised world he would be able to point out the naturist sun deck on the ship!

Amen to that! Dh asked to use deck 12 on the Spirit but was told that was not possible. (We book Vista Suites so our verandah isn't an option)

I could just imagine the impact this would have on the whole clothing/dress attire discussion.

I could just imagine the impact this would have on the whole clothing/dress attire discussion.

:)

Well Stumblefoot you got me giggling like a 12 yr old!!!

As to the original question, we had folks both side of us and only saw them once or twice on their verandahs enjoying the 'external' view of a new port or enjoying a morning coffee.

I think it would be quite a concerted effort by anyone if not also perilous to peek and if they took that much trouble you sound like the reasonable sort of people would just invite them in for a drink as the verandahs do have adjoining doors.

Have a great cruise.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived