cabins listed as upper bunk?

stavy

We are considering a cabin on the Reflection and it has a square box meaning sofa bed and a triangle meaning an upper berth. Does anyone have a picture of a room that has that? Does it get in the way of movement or storage? Also...is there somewhere I can look to see if a particular cabin has the bed by the veranda?

Thank you ;)

We are considering a cabin on the Reflection and it has a square box meaning sofa bed and a triangle meaning an upper berth. Does anyone have a picture of a room that has that? Does it get in the way of movement or storage? Also...is there somewhere I can look to see if a particular cabin has the bed by the veranda?

Thank you ;)

This is a pic of a 4 bedder regular balcony cabin on Equinox. The bed is always by the bathroom in regular 4 bedders as far as I know. (Please correct me if I'm wrong CCers)

Sorry I don't have a pic of the beds pulled out as we were only 2 in that cabin, but I have seen them posted on here, so maybe someone will come up with one. I'm not too sure whether the upper bunk (the rectangle in the ceiling) is folded away each day. The mattress for the sofa is underneath in the drawer. :)

6085022741_6a15130efc_z.jpg

Edited by u2cruiser

• 1 year later...

i am also looking at booking a cabin on the silhouette that has both the sofa bed and the upper berth for the 2 of us as what is available seems like the best location for the price. I see that the upper berth is in the ceiling so that doesn't look like an issue but what about the sofa bed? is there less storage with this configuration?

Thanks.

The photos really do show that the upper is generally not visible. Friends had a cabin with the upper bunk and kept if down all the time. They were three adults in the cabin ( for two weeks) and were using the upper bunk as storage for clothing and other items. The third person slept on the couch.

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

The photos really do show that the upper is generally not visible. Friends had a cabin with the upper bunk and kept if down all the time. They were three adults in the cabin ( for two weeks) and were using the upper bunk as storage for clothing and other items. The third person slept on the couch.

M

Our adult ( over 50) daughter slept in the bunk for 14 nights. We kept the bed down and used it for storage during the day. Doing the same in another month.

VH

i am also looking at booking a cabin on the silhouette that has both the sofa bed and the upper berth for the 2 of us as what is available seems like the best location for the price. I see that the upper berth is in the ceiling so that doesn't look like an issue but what about the sofa bed? is there less storage with this configuration?

Thanks.

No, exactly the same storage as any other cabin.

We were cruising with another couple on a long cruise; about half way through someone mentioned the storage above the bed (visible in the photos above). They had never noticed it, had no idea it was there!! I have no problem reaching it but some do. I keep all my folded clothes there, i.e. shorts, jeans, tees, bathing suits, jammies, etc.