Everything ROYAL PRINCESS: What are you looking forward to MOST of all?

dmwnc1959

There are lots of very beautiful things about this ship.

However, I don't know why anyone would book a deluxe balcony cabin if it wasn't one of those on the aft.

I finally saw a picture of the desk area and it's, as I feared, no drawers in the desk.

I don't have a picture of the regular balcony cabin but saw one earlier today and the desk not only had 3 drawers but three tiers of open shelving next to it. That's a lot of storage space to pay extra to lose! :(

Where did you see the picture of the regular balcony cabin? I've been looking & can't find one.

My hotel room is only a few hundred yards from the Royal sure looks big

Streets have Princess banners out ready for the big day

Weather very poor tonights fireworks might be hard to see through the mist and rain

Aw, here's hoping that the weather clear up soon!

Hmmmmm......... in my house they're tighty whities. :p

Usually in our house also...might get interesting :p;)

Which means, I see quite a few Bellini's in mine.:D

you know we will be right there together babes !!! :D

Hi All

My hotel room is only a few hundred yards from the Royal sure looks big

Streets have Princess banners out ready for the big day

Weather very poor tonights fireworks might be hard to see through the mist and rain

Yours Shogun

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Very cool to be so close. Hope the weather clears...:)

Thanks Gracie.

I'm posting both pictures.

It looks to me like the "deluxe" balcony cabin isn't really any bigger than the regular balcony cabin.

The cabinet with the refrigerator is next to the desk in the "deluxe" instead of the drawers and the small sofa is where the refrigerator would be.

:(

(Again, sorry I can't figure out how to post full size pictures. I hope you can see what I mean from the small pictures.)

AftRoyalRegularBalcony.jpg.f7473ccad9d486c640f33d9452e7c9b9.jpg

AftRoyalDeluxeDesk.jpg.77fe5d85ff936c6c79a1c0b608389fd3.jpg

Thanks Gracie.

It looks to me like the "deluxe" balcony cabin isn't really any bigger than the regular balcony cabin.

The cabinet with the refrigerator is next to the desk in the "deluxe" instead of the drawers and the small sofa is where the refrigerator would be.

(Again, sorry I can't figure out how to post full size pictures. I hope you can see what I mean from the small pictures.)

How about this.

1371043362000-RoyalPrincess-001-1306120949_4_3_rx513_c680x510.jpg?6c3c24a06b2ec04d15c066f5e9a76a10a837ffd4

1371043362003-RoyalPrincess-007-1306120946_3_4_r383_c0-0-380-510.jpg?50fc00bf5ab7468a0e0d29f64f706e982e0d3912

Thanks Gracie.

According to the attached, Deluxe Balcony cabins have 177 square feet and Standard Balcony cabins have 166 square feet. Basically, the extra space is enough to fit the sofa. I suppose you couldn't tell from pictures.

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Main/decks.php?ship=Royal%20Princess%20III

There are some other minor upgrades that deluxe balcony cabins come with as well.

Stateroom: Deluxe Balcony

A larger version of a balcony stateroom includes all the same amenities, plus a comfortable... sofa bed to relax and rejuvenate. This stateroom also offers some of the same amenities found in a mini-suite stateroom, including upgraded bathroom amenities, waffle bathrobe, terry cloth towels, and an upgraded duvet insert. In-room safe, refrigerator, 37 inch flat screen tv with movies, cable and satellite programing, hand-held adjustable massage shower head, hair dryer, fresh fruit, bathroom sundries.

Cabin sizes with balcony ranges from 233 to 291 square feet. Category DV is 253 square feet. Category DZ is 263 to 291 square feet incuding balcony. Category DB, DC, DD, DE, DF, DW are 233 square feet. Category DA is 249 square feet. IMPORTANT NOTE: Category DV, DW, DZ have obstructed views due to solid steel railings or tops of lifeboats. Category DZ upper deck balconies can only be used while in port.

Stateroom: Balcony

This impressive stateroom offers the elegance of a balcony with fine patio furniture. It offers... all the amenities of an interior stateroom, plus a spacious closet and desk. In-room safe, refrigerator, 37 inch flat screen tv with movies, cable and satellite programing, hand-held adjustable massage shower head, hair dryer, fresh fruit, bathroom sundries.

I this on Facebook and thought it appropriate for this thread! :D

Maxine, I couldn't have said it better myself. I fully intend to indulge at 12 or more eating venues, and if the Promenade doesn't go all the way around, or the balconies may be a foot smaller than other ships, I don't really give a hoot! Now where is that pastry shop?

Stan

"there are those who will go aboard Royal Princess with all of the intentions of not enjoying themselves and be critical of everything. We've seen that already even before the ship was launched last August, even after the first artist renderings were released two years ago. People had already formed an opinion even before the keel block was laid.

Isn't it a shame that some folks spend good money to go on a cruise, and immediatelt bash everything about the trip.

Mucho thanks to you, Dave, for keeping this amazing thread so positive. I know it hasn't always been an easy task, so thanks again. I don't know how I would have gotten through the long wait until the "Maiden Passage", except for the constant excitement from this thread. KUDOS!

Stan

According to the attached, Deluxe Balcony cabins have 177 square feet and Standard Balcony cabins have 166 square feet. Basically, the extra space is enough to fit the sofa. I suppose you couldn't tell from pictures.

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Main/decks.php?ship=Royal%20Princess%20III

There are some other minor upgrades that deluxe balcony cabins come with as well.

Stateroom: Deluxe Balcony

A larger version of a balcony stateroom includes all the same amenities, plus a comfortable... sofa bed to relax and rejuvenate. This stateroom also offers some of the same amenities found in a mini-suite stateroom, including upgraded bathroom amenities, waffle bathrobe, terry cloth towels, and an upgraded duvet insert. In-room safe, refrigerator, 37 inch flat screen tv with movies, cable and satellite programing, hand-held adjustable massage shower head, hair dryer, fresh fruit, bathroom sundries.

Cabin sizes with balcony ranges from 233 to 291 square feet. Category DV is 253 square feet. Category DZ is 263 to 291 square feet incuding balcony. Category DB, DC, DD, DE, DF, DW are 233 square feet. Category DA is 249 square feet. IMPORTANT NOTE: Category DV, DW, DZ have obstructed views due to solid steel railings or tops of lifeboats. Category DZ upper deck balconies can only be used while in port.

Stateroom: Balcony

This impressive stateroom offers the elegance of a balcony with fine patio furniture. It offers... all the amenities of an interior stateroom, plus a spacious closet and desk. In-room safe, refrigerator, 37 inch flat screen tv with movies, cable and satellite programing, hand-held adjustable massage shower head, hair dryer, fresh fruit, bathroom sundries.

If I calculate that 11 extra square feet correctly, and the cabin is 9ft. wide , that means it's just over 1 foot larger (longer) ! :(

(Compare that to the mini suites that are 65 square feet larger - 7 feet longer! )

We're keeping the cabin (for this cruise) because we love afts and it's the only way (other than a suite) to get an aft but may have to reconsider in the future.

I count myself lucky that we had a lot of cruises when afts were just regular BBs and all I had to do to get one was book early.

BTW - The "extra" amenities are included in all Princess cabins!

Hi All

Fire works cancelled let's hope for better weather tomorrow

Small group of C C folk met up tonight for a. Drink this is going to be a fun two day cruise

Yours Shogun

Small group of C C folk met up tonight for a. Drink this is going to be a fun two day cruise

Aw sorry about the fireworks, but very envious of you still! :D

I noticed on 2 of those pictures that they are talking about a $2.00 a load fee to use the washing machines and the dryers and a $1.50 fee for detergent. However, in the Q&A with Rai Caluori, there was a specific question about that and his answer was: The self-service laundry aboard Royal Princess will be cashless. You can simply swipe your cruise card to receive tokens for the washer, dryer and detergent. Happy washing ... but don't spend too much time doing laundry, you'll want to be out and about enjoying the beautiful ship!

Any body knows if it's not anymore cashless

Hi All

Yours Shogun

Sorry about the fireworks, Shogun. Hope your weather gets much better. Have fun with the folks from CC!! Enjoy :D

Can't wait to hear what you have to say about the ship! I am ready for some fondue :eek:

Cheers, Denise

I noticed on 2 of those pictures that they are talking about a $2.00 a load fee to use the washing machines and the dryers and a $1.50 fee for detergent. However, in the Q&A with Rai Caluori, there was a specific question about that and his answer was: The self-service laundry aboard Royal Princess will be cashless. You can simply swipe your cruise card to receive tokens for the washer, dryer and detergent. Happy washing ... but don't spend too much time doing laundry, you'll want to be out and about enjoying the beautiful ship!

I think they are letting you know what your swipe will cost. :D

I think they are letting you know what your swipe will cost. :D

Agree Mom 33. Now, I don't have to lug all those quarters from Maine to Venice.:D

Hi All

Yours Shogun

Sorry about no fireworks. But, I know you will have a fantastic time.

I wonder if the lights under the Seawalk stay on all night? It seems to me that might annoy the folks in staterooms below.

I have one of these staterooms--which I picked for the larger deck--but I am seriously considering switching. Need first hand info. Shogun? I am not so concerned about people peeking...they'll see me reading--as the lights or even commotion and noise on Riveria.

Those who don't like the feeling of being out on the skywalk...the term is EXPOSURE. Common to hikers who don't like being on the edge of a cliff. Thrill seekers love exposure, others hate it. You can't convert anyone because it comes from a primal fear. I happen to like it.

That's the same amount it cost in January on the Grand! The only change, and a blessing it is, is that you won't have to take all those $@#%* quarters with you!! And if you're flying in, that's half your weight allowance! :D Everything goes on the good ole cruise card!! :)

Boy, lots of opinions about the newest ship. Pool space is nice, we like to sit in the sun like everyone else, but mostly just dip feet in the water, so as long as I can get close that will be good.

Cabin size..well as long as I can get around DH and have a balcony I don't care about the size. On the old Empress of the Seas, the cabin was so small and only ocean view not balcony that we had to take turns getting dressed for dinner or waiting in the hall with others on our deck. It was one of the best cruises because of cruise critic people...best thing is my pillow will only have been slept on by few before me:)

Hope you get 5000 Dave...we are rooting for you

It may be close!! Which of our many courses are you playing today? DH is an avid golfer. He organizes a group of 16-20 that play every Friday. They usually play one of The Barefoot courses or one of the many around Little River to Ocean Isle.

Good luck and try not to burn up today, it is gonna be a hot one!!

Hi Gracie,

Yes, it was hot out there on the golf course today! Getting in shape for my Med. cruise in July on the Royal which I expect will be hot in Italy, Spain, Greeece and TurkeY!

We live in Ocean Ridge Plantation in Ocean Isle and I played here today.

Don't you just love this thread! :)

Cashless does not mean free. It just means that the charge will go on your Princess account. BTW, whenever my husband and I anticipate doing laundry on vacation, we pack a few Tide pods and put some dryer sheets in a baggie. Much cheaper than buying detergent on a ship or hotel.

Hi Gracie,

Yes, it was hot out there on the golf course today! Getting in shape for my Med. cruise in July on the Royal which I expect will be hot in Italy, Spain, Greeece and TurkeY!

We live in Ocean Ridge Plantation in Ocean Isle and I played here today.

Don't you just love this thread! :)

Home of the Big Cats!! My DH plays there too. Too bad we aren't a bit closer I am always looking for a walking partner. I go to the Aquatic Center in NMB.

Every time I go to post I am now checking out the count so I don't goof and do 5000!! Now I have to edit and say I did get 4900 only 100 more till Dave gets #5000!!

Archived