Caribbean Princess A/C Problems???

DeRon

We sailed years ago on the Caribbean Princess and we remember that we could not get our balcony room cool enough. Also some of the public rooms seemd stuffy. I also read some other reviews of the same opinion and problem.

Has anyone cruised lately and had these issues? We are thinking about the Southern Caribbean itinerary, and wonder if this is still a problem or not??

Thanks!

We sailed years ago on the Caribbean Princess and we remember that we could not get our balcony room cool enough. Also some of the public rooms seemd stuffy. I also read some other reviews of the same opinion and problem.

Has anyone cruised lately and had these issues? We are thinking about the Southern Caribbean itinerary, and wonder if this is still a problem or not??

Thanks!

Funny you mentioned this. We were on the Caribbean Princess a few years ago up to Canada / New England. We were in an inside cabin and it was cold, cold, cold outside but hot, hot, hot inside our room. We sailed again last month on the Caribbean Princess and in a balcony room this time and yes, it was hot in there. But ....not so bad to ruin our cruise. It was actually worse in the inside cabin because we could get no fresh air.

The ship is fabulous -- so I would suffer through 5-10 degrees hotter than I like for such a fabulous itinerary. Also, the pricing is good -- another plus.

We were on the Nov 10 sailing, and I swear it was the hottest ship I have ever been on. Our cabin on Aloha was unbearable at times. It wasn't until the 4th night that we could even cover up with a sheet at night to sleep. Wasn't unique to our deck...it was really hard to deal with.

DEC.29,2012 -- JAN.5, 2013

Not in our cabin..R503. We would turn the AC down at night..and then fight over the covers. In the daytime..it was usually off.

My husband wore a sweater or jacket to dinner every night. I broke out my long shawl.

Being NOT cool......is not an issue we dealt with..We had a great cruise. Loved the Caribbean princess. Wish I was on her now.

In all our Princess cruises I would say that we have had cooling issues on all ships at least once.

The CB seems to be the worst (IMO, and also from reports here on CC), other then the tech coming to the cabin to make computer adjustments there is not much to do as the system, (it is what it is).

Most of the time it has worked well.

Just off the CB in mini-suite, D614. No issues with AC. We kept the thermostat at the mid setting throughout. The only time I noticed any warmth was when I walked into the Horizon Cafe promptly upon returning from the Aruba Trikes tour where we had been riding in the sun for two hours. I was wishing for the feel of an icebox. It was somewhat warmer than the interior corridors had been, but after getting my lunch and sitting a couple of minutes I noticed that the temp felt comfortable. As for the rest of the ship, I found it comfortable, leaning toward the cool side. My DW usually wore long sleeves when inside. Like food, I believe opinions will be very subjective when it comes to comfort.

We were on the CB Nov 17th sailing. First day and night were unbearable. Had to open our balcony just to get some air. Called customer service and told our room steward, Nobody came to fix it the first night. Next day we marched down to customer service and demanded someone come up to fix it. He did coime and said he "released more air flow" and it seemed to get a little better. Never was our room cold by any means. Never could use more than a sheet.

I was concerened about this before our trip and I brought a small fan with us. Other areas were warm as well. We were in B251

This was our biggest issue with the cruise. We really like cold room

We sailed last August around the British Isles and, yes, our room a/c did not cool it enough. We had an oceanview (never again) so couldn't open the balcony door for fresh air. They serviced it twice but it didn't help.

Archived