Ultimate Cruise Snob Stories

nhcruiser

With the number of people obsessed with with the cruise level status, maybe Princess should start making the colors depending on how much money they have paid Princess Cruises. Do you think there would be a mad rush to try and top each other then:rolleyes:

Blue card is under $5000

Platnum card is under $15,000

Elite card is under $30,000 and

the new Suber Elite is $50,000

MY wife is currently on the the Crown so i can't ask her (thats not snobing, that complaining I'm home with the grandkids), But I think it was Royal Caribbean when she asked if they could punch her card so she could keep it on a lanyard, that they told her they would be happy to BUT she wouldn't be served as hole punched in a card (no matter the reason) meant the bearer was under age....

lol:D:D:D

If I ever see a belligerent passenger talking down to a crew member, I will walk up to the crew and give them $20 and tell them don't worry about some of the assholes on this cruise of course starring at the guy talking down to the crew.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who sticks up for the crew. The last night of my trip on the Ruby, we were leaving the dinning room and another passenger was tearing Godwin a new one. I'd wanted to stop and talk to him all week but hadn't had the chance. I'd have kept walking but due to the guy being a jerk, I made a point of standing there, not caring if I was being intrusive. After I let him finish, I especially made a point to tell Godwin all kinds of nice stuff. He instantly cried, not expecting to have those negative emotions so quickly thwarted. I'm very possessive of those crew who have made a difference in my vacations....unfortunately I'm finding said list is very extensive! :p

We could make the staff run around looking for a "left handed fish knife" that would drive them crazy as they sent the fish and meat back to the kitchen for recooking.

Good idea !!! Then we could complain that the cruise line is not fair to us because we are "different".

The result would be that we would eat with our hands !!:o (Just like at home)

Good idea !!! Then we could complain that the cruise line is not fair to us because we are "different".

I have a big group of lefties in the family. We put them all on one side of the table at family dinners so they can avoid elbow-bumping with the rest of us. The cruise line could do the same: left handers tables. :D Then they could be snobs about their special status and right handers would be trying to fake it so they could eat at the "special" table, too. ;)

I'm quite offended when they tell me I must get off.

I always say please and Thank you

I tip my dining room staff

I dont care if I am in an inside room ( Im on a cruise that's all that matters)

I dont save chairs heck just the opposite when the family went on a cruise in 2010 there were 6 of us, we made due with 3 chairs didnt need 6 at a time....

I play nicely at the on board trivia games.

ok so maybe I'm not a snob...:):)

I'm quite offended when they tell me I must get off.

I always say please and Thank you

I tip my dining room staff

I dont care if I am in an inside room ( Im on a cruise that's all that matters)

I dont save chairs heck just the opposite when the family went on a cruise in 2010 there were 6 of us, we made due with 3 chairs didnt need 6 at a time....

I play nicely at the on board trivia games.

ok so maybe I'm not a snob...:):)

Why do you do all those things ??? You are making the "real snobs" look worse than ever !!!:D

I have a big group of lefties in the family. We put them all on one side of the table at family dinners so they can avoid elbow-bumping with the rest of us. The cruise line could do the same: left handers tables. :D Then they could be snobs about their special status and right handers would be trying to fake it so they could eat at the "special" table, too. ;)

I have learned to be semi-ambidextrous. I can eat with both hands !:eek::) Therefore, I don't need the butter knife or fish knife. Or any knife or fork !!

Not left handed but definetly left footed, would any of you be offended if I just used my hands?:D

I certainly won't be offended if you use your hands for fish -- but please don't expect me to SHAKE HANDS with you!!!

Why do you do all those things ??? You are making the "real snobs" look worse than ever !!!:D

I know, but what can I say my mommy raised me to be polite and treat people nicely and the way i want to be treated, besides you attract more with honey than vinegar:)

I

I carry a small Princess tote (not those big blue ones they give you). What's inside? Kindle, kleenex, hand sanitizer, pen, Patter, coffee card, Cruise card is on lanyard and fashionably goes with everything.

Ditto and sunscreen

It wasn't until reading this thread that I actually ever thought about the different colored cards. I did not know what they meant, I thought they just had a variety of colors just for looks.

Really, it means that much to people? I guess we must have some other colored card on Princess--blue?--since we are Platinum. The only reason I know, or care, is the free internet minutes.

If you're showing off your card color in front on me, it won't mean a thing!

Same. It would be a wasted effort.

I've used that one too! :D I never give my real name, occupation or place of residence. When I cruise it's all lies all the time! My favorite lies are about what I paid for airfare, the cabin or the fabulous upgrade I got!

Too funny! This and the arctic seal clubber comment made me laugh!:D

I have enjoyed these post so much, especially the wine snobs. I live in the Napa Valley(Just an ordinary person) yet see so many snobs it's not funny. They all try to out do each other on their knowledge of wine. When they start yacking about their knowledge, I always remind them to drink the wine that they like even if they prefer 2 buck chuck(trader joes wine). I have been to 3 chefs tables, and have been lucky enough to be with only the non-snobs. If someone did try to be a snob, I would ignore them just the same way I did back in my snobby high school. BTW, my favorite wineries here are not the big well known fancy places, but the small mom and pop wineries such as Bennett Lane winery or Cunard vineyards.

Never underestimate Trader Joe's wines. Some of them are excellent and some of the Two Buck Chuck wines have even won some pretty presitious awards in blind tastings. 2 Buck Chuck wines are just overages bottled under the Charles Shaw label, so you never know exactly what you will get. When our store is rumored to have an especially good run, I know people who will buy a bottle, taste it, and if it is really good, buy several cases.

While I have had the privilege of enjoying some very excellent expensive wines, I have also had some pretty amazing wines that were really cheap. For instance, once on our way to a wine tasting in Cannes, we stopped at a grocery store in Sainte Maxime, bought a bottle of local wine for $1.99 and entered into the blind contest. It won over fancy wines that people had brought from all around the world. My husband said, "See I told you, they never export the really good stuff".

Another time in Sydney, Australia, we were advised by a clerk in a wine store that the best wine they had was their current batch of "No Name Wine" which sold for about $2.99 a bottle. The No Name brand (similar to Trader Joe's) also bottles overages under the "No Name" label. It was so good that it was the only wine we bothered to buy during that whole trip.

timetravler is so right--always drink what you like and don't worry about what other people think. Enjoy, enjoy!

Same. It would be a wasted effort.

Something no one has mentioned about the cruise caard - it was my understanding that keeping it on a lanyard was for convienience rather then

fishing it out of a pocket or purse when needed. Regardless of the color or status of the person. Unless they exhibit other characteristics I doubt everyone who does so is a snob!:)

Probably gonna be called a snob for saying this but.. my ultimate snob experience wasn't on a ship but a review right here in CC... I won't say the guys name or the name of the ship he was reviewing but he was appalled at the fact he was served red wine in a white wine glass & couldn't believe they used the same salt & pepper shakers in all dining areas.

LOL I think I just read that review and I thought the same thing about him!

Something no one has mentioned about the cruise caard - it was my understanding that keeping it on a lanyard was for convienience rather then

fishing it out of a pocket or purse when needed. Regardless of the color or status of the person. Unless they exhibit other characteristics I doubt everyone who does so is a snob!:)

It is for convenience and most times the back of the card shows and not the colored front.

Many years ago we were on what was called "The Loveboat Shuttle" from FLL back to Tampa. We got to talking to another couple about how many cruises we have done etc. Then they had the guts to ask how we could afford 2 cruises a year being so young! (As I said-many years ago) So I looked at them sweetly and told them we sold drugs! Shut them up really fast!!!

Archived