TAKE A LOOK AT THIS! (it would be awesome!)

Disney spent a great deal of time over the past year testing these, and have just now implemented them park-wide. We participated during the test period and, as annual pass holders, we are eager to have them for every trip now.

I was dead set against wearing anything on my wrist. These are nothing at all like hospital or all-inclusive resort bracelets. Thay are adjustable, removeable, low profile and comfortable. I did take it off at night, but barely noticed it all day. I did appreciate not having to take a credit card out everytime we made a purchase, or find a secure place to keep the room key, a swipe card, tickets and fast passes; no lanyard, wrist purse or pockets needed. LOVED IT!

You could certainly remove it for dress up time, or any other reason. It is designed to withstand water activities too.

I am wondering where the security concerns voiced here have come from? On the Dis boards there has been an ongoing discussion about the security. My understanding is that the bands do NOT contain your personal information that can be stolen by a "card reader" type of hack. Your band has a personal ID number that identifies you to the Disney computer database. That is where you info is stored. Someone would need to hack into the Disney system to get your personal information. No different from a sea pass in that respect.

I am hoping it is implemented fleetwide by the time we take our Fantasy cruise. In addition to the benefits mentioned, it could contain shore excursion tickets, spa passes, drink packages, soda cards, etc. Bring it on!:D

Edited by sippican

Perhaps. But it's a rubber wristband. I would assume those smart enough to not look like targets are smart enough to take them off.

But is that what they're doing? Don't know Does the technology associated with these bands allow them to pinpoint your exact location if they are looking for you? Yes And if so, are they using it? Disney - maybe not yet, but they wouldn't implement something that provided them with access to that type of data, and then not mine the heck out of it

Frankly, I don't see any value of this type of technology on a ship. At a theme park is a different story.

Seriously?

You are using a computer and you don't want to be tracked. Do you have a cell phone? A toll tag on your car? Ever drive in a city that has red light cameras? Do you ever use a credit card?

EXACTLY!!!!

Isn't it funny how people think they're 'anonymous' when they're online. Not realizing that every time you visit a site, you leave a digital trail. Look at the banner ads on this site! All of them for places that I've visited in the past 2 weeks. Tracking and marketing online has been going on since the 90's. Sheesh!

But did you read the $1 million start up on this progranm. Do not think it is cost effective. I would wear it because I wear a medical alert braclet already but would every one wear one everyday of the week?

Although 1 million is a lot, you are off by a comma. It cost in the neighborhood of 1 BILLION to develop and roll out.

As a WDW veteran and DVC owner, I am very ticked that they chose this route to go. One billion would have gone a long way to improve / enhance the parks (particularly DH Studios) to better compete with what Universal is doing down the street.

OK, off my soap box - back to cruising.

In regards to cruising, I don't think an all in one bracelet is a good idea. At Disney, you are contained and never more than a short walk from Guest Services. How long would it be before a passenger is in tender line in Georgetown and realizes his bracelet fell off somewhere between the dock and stingray city? :-0

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I've been using the magic bands now every month since their inception. I'm an annual pass holder and my pass is held on my magic band. I do live a few hours away so I do stay at the resorts everytime I go. I've used my magic band everytime for my park ticket along with my room key and charge card. I've never had any issues with the band not working or not charging. I've also never had a random charge that I didn't make. As someone else mentioned you must use your personalized pin for any charges.

The bands do not transmit live data or track you real time. The only time your location is given is when you physically use the band. The frequencies they use are very low. This keeps people from all hitting the same scanners or rooms while walking by. The scanners must be physically touching the band for them to be scanned. Just close won't work. The only time I've has issues is when one scanner wasn't working at a merchant checkout. They tried me on another one and worked no issues.

The idea of them on a cruise ship is actually really nice. I hate always having to remember a card. Or having to run back to the room because I left the gf's card. The bands just wouldn't make that an issue. Here's some pictures of the actual bands. I also accessorized mine with the Mickey, but like I said I literally use mine every month. If your just a guest staying at the resort you can either order ahead of time or pick them up at the resorts. The resorts usually only have grey as the color because they keep low supplies of all the others. When most people arrive all that's left is grey. You'll see that the most around the parks. If your a passholder or order in advance you can choose your colors and have a name printed on them.

00ED2730-CC28-4C19-853A-0F3CEE643D95.jpg

331785F9-3605-4710-9240-C3987B4D8859.jpg

009DD4CB-F9BB-49A2-BF7C-FFFEA0B8B0D4.jpg

066C4387-8307-4A23-9EAD-0121E30F1E54.jpg

Cool guy points for KRAMPUS. He would have a field day at Disney.

I would not like having to wear a wristband. We stayed at an AI once, and I hated the darn old wristband. It left terrible tan marks on the wrist!! I would want to keep my sea pass card. As for them tracking me, if they want to do that, fine with me. My life is pretty boring. If they want to follow my every move, they must have way too much time and money on their hands!! :D :D

Thanks for the info Unv. The clock face on it, did you buy it? Also, is the wrist band removeable at the end of the day or is it a one time use then cut off idea such as the flow rider plastic wrist band?

We are going to Mouse prior to our Oasis cruise in March and have booked all of our Plus items and meals are booked too. We have preordered them and only gave grey to my FIL.

Our DS and in-laws have no idea that we are going there for four days. They also dont know that they are staying in a CLS either on Oasis. I can't wait to have fun this March!:D

It is very thick rubber. Very durable. It's suppose to last 2-3 years I believe battery wise. It has a little clip with holes. Easily comes on and off but would be secure on the flow rider no issues. It's meant to be used all over the water parks as is already. The grey portion can be peeled off so it fits children. The Mickey head yes I purchased at the parks. They a few different designs along with wraps for the bands and little charms you can attach also.

It is very thick rubber. Very durable. It's suppose to last 2-3 years I believe battery wise. It has a little clip with holes. Easily comes on and off but would be secure on the flow rider no issues. It's meant to be used all over the water parks as is already. The grey portion can be peeled off so it fits children. The Mickey head yes I purchased at the parks. They a few different designs along with wraps for the bands and little charms you can attach also.

Thanks for the info! Good to know that it will down size for our son. Yes Disney would make sure it would be safe for their water parks, so of course it would work n the flowrider.

Are the names on them visible? Another words could a stranger read our son's name from a distance? I am doubting it as there will be lots of parents always concerned for their kids safety, and this is Disney who thinks of everything.

Thanks in advance,

Andrew

Are the names on them visible? Another words could a stranger read our son's name from a distance? I am doubting it as there will be lots of parents always concerned for their kids safety, and this is Disney who thinks of everything.

Andrew

The names are inside, not visible unless the band is removed.

As fas as size, I am an adult with a very small wrist, I peeled off the extra and the child-size fit perfectly on me!

The names are inside, not visible unless the band is removed.

As fas as size, I am an adult with a very small wrist, I peeled off the extra and the child-size fit perfectly on me!

Awesome. Thanks for the info. The name on the inside is perfect to avoid confusion of which one goes with it's owner if they are all removed. Also, glad to hear that they are not visible for others to see.

Thanks again,

Andrew

It wasn't until we came home did I find out I could have removed the inner portion so the band didn't wrap around my wrist twice! DH has a very large wrist, and his fit him just fine.

The name/id number are printed on the inside and are very tiny. One night in a restaurant their scanner wasn't working, so the server took DH's band to the register and keyed in the number there. I could see him having a hard time reading the tiny number. But all our charges were correct, so no worries.

We've been home a month now, and I haven't received any offers leading me to believe I was tracked while there. I get more "targeted" ads on here and my Facebook feed.

I would just love not having to carry around my card all the time. I'm used to wearing a watch, medic alert bracelet and other jewelery, so this wouldn't bother me.

But I have to say I'd be surprised to see this any time soon.

It wasn't until we came home did I find out I could have removed the inner portion so the band didn't wrap around my wrist twice! DH has a very large wrist, and his fit him just fine.

The name/id number are printed on the inside and are very tiny. One night in a restaurant their scanner wasn't working, so the server took DH's band to the register and keyed in the number there. I could see him having a hard time reading the tiny number. But all our charges were correct, so no worries.

We've been home a month now, and I haven't received any offers leading me to believe I was tracked while there. I get more "targeted" ads on here and my Facebook feed.

I would just love not having to carry around my card all the time. I'm used to wearing a watch, medic alert bracelet and other jewelery, so this wouldn't bother me.

It would be a huge task to re-engineer all the existing ships, so if it is going to be done, it will happen on a new ship, is my thought.

Did you custom order them or pick up at the resort. My name is easily readable on mine.

Did you custom order them or pick up at the resort. My name is easily readable on mine.

We preordered but at getting them at the resort. UNV-IT as you are a yearly pass holder is that why you could custom order it and maybe the different name placement location?

We preordered but at getting them at the resort. UNV-IT as you are a yearly pass holder is that why you could custom order it and maybe the different name placement location?

I don't believe the annual pass has anything to do with the bracelet itself. I did have it sent to me as opposed to picking up.

I don't believe the annual pass has anything to do with the bracelet itself. I did have it sent to me as opposed to picking up.

Gotcha. We pick our up at the Cosmopolitan when we arrive.

Side note, I always like your comments. Can't wait to hear how the TA on Oasis goes.

Andrew

While I´m sure at some Point RFID will replace Barcodes and magnetic stripes, I dislike the idea of wrist bands. To me this isn´t a cool idea and I hate it.

I would flat out refuse the wear of a wrist band and I would never go to an AI where I had to wear one. A wrist band like this would have to end up in my pocket and the seapass Cards as of now are much easier to carry around than an ugly wrist band like that.

As for tracking RFID Chips, yep I dislike that as well and I would probably want to use some RFID safe preventing them from tracking me. Again this would be way easier if it came in the form of a card rather than a wrist band.

So yeah RFID´s are a matter of changing Technology - Embedding them in ugly, childish wrist bands is just :eek::mad::eek:

Since Disney has already instituted at WDW, it will be interesting to see if they port that over to their cruise fleet. If they don't, then it probably wouldn't be worth it for RCI to do either...

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I don't like the feel of anything on my skin except my simple wedding ring.

I hate wearing watches, but used the wrist band while at staying at Disney last October without much discomfort. They are waterproof, so I could wear it while in the pool. I took it off at night time, and put it on in the morning. We used it for our meals, dining reservation check-in, Fast pass entrance to rides etc. I never once had to check my pockets to make sure my card was there. I would love to have a wrist band Sea Pass on a cruise, instead of having to hide my sea pass in a towel when in the pool or beach at the private islands.

Kudos to Disney! I am sure the idea will spread.