Kümmelweck sandwich question.....

clewley8

So you had one on the Enchantment of the seas? Where on board was it served? Was it only because it was a holiday sailing?

its in Park cafe which is new in Solarium. it is available daily at lunch and then again at the 3 pm time frame. not sure about late night, I never went down there after hours.

On the Enchantment they are available on deck 9 in Park Place. Just added during the dry dock in the back of the Solarium. Not just a Christmas thing. I had several last week. Delicious! :D

Ahhhh I forgot Enchantment just had the major make over........that makes sense now... Thank you

• 11 months later...
An over rated fat/grizzle riddled roast beef sandwich.

And you did not send it back?

You most likely have never had a real Buffalo Style Roast Beef on Weck.

It is either served at room temperature, or warm with Au J if you wish. Also, if Horseradish is not on the table, then you are not at the right place.

Edited by Roce48

I agree that Anderson's is good,but personally I like them from any bar type restaurants. Shannon's Irish pub on Niagara Falls blvd is good and close to the boulevard mall! Also Charlie the butcher has great roast beef:)

We used to live in Buffalo - Charlie the Butcher was the best but also have had good ones at Andersons and Shannon's. We used to live down the road from the Blvd mall...

On Oasis in October I was so happy to see the sandwiches.. they were yummy! To those of you who haven't had one before - don't forget to ask for horseradish!

I remember them from my Allure cruise over 2 years ago. They were good, not too much that stands out from any cruise - the cupcake bakery cupcakes, too. Yum!

I don't even remember if we ate any meals in the MDR - sure we did, I don't care for buffets - but I do remember going to the cafe deli for those little tastes of heaven. Glad to hear we might be able to get one on other boats.

Enough to make the statement.

Differ all you want I know what we were served.

I stand by my description.

Way too undercooked for me and the roll was hard..disappointed on Oasis this past October :(

Being originally from the Buffalo area I go back often and always get roast beef on weck! I also had the beef on weck on the Enchantment, sorry but no comparison. I have to agree that on the ship it's undercooked. Edible, but nothing to rave about.

I had them on the Allure last year and they were pretty delicious. Maybe some people just got a bad batch or something. It was like a mad house though the first day. I didn't end up going til day 3 , and day 4 and so on :rolleyes:

Edited by trev71

So you had one on the Enchantment of the seas? Where on board was it served? Was it only because it was a holiday sailing?

Park cafe.. and on GR last September it was just as lean and tasty.

the actual slab of meat does make a difference and I did see a few slices that were on the fatty side, but it is not that big a deal to ask for a less fatty one. about the only thing you will have problems with is if you want it more well done.. not even the ends are very cooked through. I did see a few people walk away when told there was no way to provide a well done slice.

An over rated fat/grizzle riddled roast beef sandwich.

NOPE...not the many that I have had. Maybe not the absolute best roast beef sandwich I have ever had, but as someone else noted......"dang tasty"!!!:D

Come to Buffalo, NY we have the best kimmelweck sandwiches:)

I would agree with you. DH and I went to our annual family reunion which was in the Buffalo area and had our first kimmelweck sandwich. Very tasty and believe me after 63 years of reunions this family can sometimes be hard to please. It was great!