hump or aft?

dlong1969

Probably been asked a million times, but for some reason, I don't see the search feature on the threads...

Getting ready to book this years' September cruise... and I see that there are aft and hump balconies available on the Freedom. We love aft balconies, but are hump-curious.

So, hump or aft? and why?

Thanks in advance,

Don

Probably been asked a million times, but for some reason, I don't see the search feature on the threads...

Getting ready to book this years' September cruise... and I see that there are aft and hump balconies available on the Freedom. We love aft balconies, but are hump-curious.

So, hump or aft? and why?

Thanks in advance,

Don

Aft usually has a huge balcony, aft view (through superstructure) but a long walk. Hump has a fantastic view, and is very convenient to the stairs/elevator.

Are balcony sizes on the hump the same as the other side balconies? We love the large aft balconies... but think that the views from the hump might be worth exploring...

Depends on the location and the ship. Some at the very front or very back of the hump can be larger.

Are balcony sizes on the hump the same as the other side balconies? We love the large aft balconies... but think that the views from the hump might be worth exploring...

On the Freedom class I believe the hump balconies are the same size as the non-hump side balconies. We had a hump balcony on Liberty back in November and it did not seem any bigger to me than other side balconies.

Aft, larger balcony, full size loungers and less wind at sea (which is when I spend time there. :D). Also they have a great view too.

8001525936_31b819b674_c.jpg

How could you not love that view?

7992389809_28ae2ed4ac_c.jpg

Toes included to show you where I spent a lot of time on our way to Hawaii. :D

Bill

Aft, larger balcony, full size loungers and less wind at sea (which is when I spend time there. :D). Also they have a great view too.

8001525936_31b819b674_c.jpg

How could you not love that view?

7992389809_28ae2ed4ac_c.jpg

Toes included to show you where I spent a lot of time on our way to Hawaii. :D

Bill

Nice photos, but not from Freedom which the OP was asking about.

I have problems with my legs due to after effects of chemo so walking a lot bothers me , saying that , I still suck it up and book the Aft whenver we can. Especially the Voyager class ships . :):) Will take that view and oversized balcony anytime. ;)

The Radiance class is our dividing point .

Generally Aft on Radiance class or smaller, Hump on anything larger.

Yes the Aft view is fantastic and the balconies are nice and large, but for larger ships we prefer the convenience of the hump.

Honestly can’t go wrong with either.

enjoy

M

Thanks for the input. We have had a number of aft balconies, including 9406 on the Freedom.. we DID have 1400 on the Freedom last year until it was yanked from underneath of us at the pier with an "upgrade".... ugh... after I said NO UPGRADES too.

Anyway, we love the views, we love the calm winds and we love the "seclusion" of being at the back of the ship when it comes to aft balconies. Think that we probably will not try the hump this time and opt for an aft balcony....

Thanks for your input.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks

I'll take any compliment I can get

But someone else deserves the credit.

I love the photo also for I'm a aft proponent

The photo with cabin #'s is wonderful and puts a lot into perspective!!!

Glad it helps.

And we book the afts anytime we can.

Enjoy your cruises!!!

Archived