New Documentation

busdriver475

Instead of packing all of the cruise documents and taking them along on my trip I usually just scan the ones I am likely to need or want and then upload the files to my Kindle Fire. The Fire always goes along when I cruise so that I have access to my books, music, movies and documents.

Great idea! I always have my Kindle Fire on board as well. Also, as OrpingtonT mentioned, after a few cruises you end up with a collection of wallets that are basically useless. It would be nice to have a very slim wallet that held the few pages that show flights, and some other information that you may want to refer to. Once you get to your cabin you have much better information on the excursions than in the booklet you receive with your documents.

P.S. The old draw string bags are good to put Scrabble pieces in:D

We don't go back far enough for the drawstring bags, but it's nice to see tickets, tags, etc., distributed in a little classier way. It seems many of the "lesser" lines are making ticketing a do it yourself project. Need printer, assorted numbers, strapping tape ( for luggage tags), etc. I always thought it was the cruise lines job to give me tickets, baggage tags, info, etc. After all, I am paying THEM. Hands down the very best is nothing more than your name and passport. Did that with SeaDream. Their shore side check in was a card table with a flower arrangement. Name? check, Passport? check.........walk on ship.

Everything else was done previously thru our travel agent. No muss, no fuss.......no paper,plastic, books, etc.

We don't go back far enough for the drawstring bags, but it's nice to see tickets, tags, etc., distributed in a little classier way. It seems many of the "lesser" lines are making ticketing a do it yourself project. Need printer, assorted numbers, strapping tape ( for luggage tags), etc. I always thought it was the cruise lines job to give me tickets, baggage tags, info, etc. After all, I am paying THEM. Hands down the very best is nothing more than your name and passport. Did that with SeaDream. Their shore side check in was a card table with a flower arrangement. Name? check, Passport? check.........walk on ship.

Everything else was done previously thru our travel agent. No muss, no fuss.......no paper,plastic, books, etc.

..:)

actually that is the case with Regent now provided you or your agent has filled out the rest online. I would prefer just my bag tags...

Works for me!!! If they would just give us a little slim leather wallet with baggage tags and maybe a print out of our cruise contract (more for them than for me) and maybe a sheet that gives our itinerary with times.........what else do we really need?

IMHO--We got it and I was very disappointed. It looks cheap. I did like the drawstring bags (still have mine) and the booklet. What we got for our Feb. cruise are printed pages of the itineary (no color photos) and they are not even in a booklet form but separate pages. Seems cheap to me.

Also I hate the new luggage tags--looks like the one I get from Trip Advisor for being a contributor (with the plastic to loop with your luggage)--it cost nothing to get that!. I loved the grey luggage tags--still use them now. Just was hoping for a new one. The ipad type folder isn't bad but I liked the pictures and booklet better. I think it may be easier to lose as it is not even stapled or put together, but is separate pages.

Would be interested to see what others think.

Interestingly, we went on Oceania in November and was a lovely printed booklet with colored pages, etc. and easy to carry (no ipad or drawstring bag but don't really need that as I have my own ipad case better).

Archived