So what are you craving?

Cyber Kat

I'm sitting here sick (a cold :() in bed with my laptop, and thinking about the cruise I have booked for the Splendor in June. There's always something I had on the previous cruise that I crave until the next time. This time it's the Ahi Tuna appetizer in the steak house and a Tiramisu martini that was even better than warm chocolate melting cake.

I figure there have to be more like me out there - suffering from one of the bugs that's making the rounds and dreaming of a cruise to make you feel better.

So who wants to play? What is that drink, food item, fun thing to do that is getting you through?

I'm sitting here sick (a cold :() in bed with my laptop, and thinking about the cruise I have booked for the Splendor in June. There's always something I had on the previous cruise that I crave until the next time. This time it's the Ahi Tuna appetizer in the steak house and a Tiramisu martini that was even better than warm chocolate melting cake.

I figure there have to be more like me out there - suffering from one of the bugs that's making the rounds and dreaming of a cruise to make you feel better.

So who wants to play? What is that drink, food item, fun thing to do that is getting you through?

Sending you virtual chicken soup for your cold.

I crave the chicken tenders from the grill. I LOVE them. Every time I'd walk by the grill, I'd grab a plate and a few tenders. They were especially wonderful when fresh out of the fryer. Sadly, I don't think our next two ships - Liberty and Breeze - have the grill and the tenders anymore.

My second craving is the chocolate chip cookies. Mmmm! But that one is easy to satisfy-I brought three dozen home from our last cruise. :eek: (I brought a large, empty, plastic container with us.) They are in the freezer waiting to be eaten.

I am dreaming of Tom Ka Gai - we will be on the Conquest tomorrow, and I will get to have some in a few days. Cannot WAIT! I may ask for two bowls.

What is that? I've never had it - maybe something to try this cruise and crave the next!

I crave the chicken tenders from the grill. I LOVE them. Every time I'd walk by the grill, I'd grab a plate and a few tenders. They were especially wonderful when fresh out of the fryer. Sadly, I don't think our next two ships - Liberty and Breeze - have the grill and the tenders anymore.

My second craving is the chocolate chip cookies. Mmmm! But that one is easy to satisfy-I brought three dozen home from our last cruise. :eek: (I brought a large, empty, plastic container with us.) They are in the freezer waiting to be eaten.

LOVE those tenders too....I would pass the grill, grab a plate, load it with tenders, some fries and then put a pile of those pita chip things on the side and slather with cheese...Kath, you are going to be going nuts reading all this when you can't taste! :(

Thanks for the "soup!" Will have to tell my DH about the chicken tenders - he loves them!

But on to the main thing ... Chocolate chip cookies??? Where do you find these Chocolate chip cookies? And why haven't I been told about them? Heads will roll! :cool:

Sorry to say you won't get the chicken tenders, grilled onions, cheese sauce or the fries (I like the old ones better than Guy's) on the Liberty or the Breeze. Those are some of the things I missed on the Breeze last month.

I am on the wrong cruiseline because right now I am missing the Love Boat Dream from our last Princess cruise. I usually don't eat dessert but ate that several times:eek::eek: The other thing is a Dos Equis.:D

I LOVE the Tiramisu also, and my favourite Carnival drink a Kiss on the Lips!

I also like these too! Kiss on the Lips was what I was craving before my last cruise. My husband refuses to order them for me - I must get up and get that one myself! I wonder why? :p I suspect that drink was invented by a male bartender who just wanted to have women asking for a kiss.

If you like Tiramisu - try the Tiramisu martini, but make sure to have it after you've eaten - it packs a wallop and makes a great after dinner drink.

Thanks for the "soup!" Will have to tell my DH about the chicken tenders - he loves them!

But on to the main thing ... Chocolate chip cookies??? Where do you find these Chocolate chip cookies? And why haven't I been told about them? Heads will roll! :cool:

Oh, you haven't had the chocolate chip cookies?!?!? :eek: Sweet with a very slight salty aftertaste. Just a hint of salt, really, but enough to make the chocolate burst with flavor. They are at the dessert station every day, except for Chocolate Extravaganza day, plus they are available through room service.

My family loves the chocolate cookies on Carnival. What a great idea!

Oh, you haven't had the chocolate chip cookies?!?!? :eek: Sweet with a very slight salty aftertaste. Just a hint of salt, really, but enough to make the chocolate burst with flavor. They are at the dessert station every day, except for Chocolate Extravaganza day, plus they are available through room service.

I can't believe I've never seen them! Must be because all the other yummy goodies were calling my name and out shouting them!

Note to self: Must have chocolate chip cookies! Oh room service ... (Why aren't they answering? Could it be because I'm NOT on a ship? Reality raises its ugly head!)

BTW - I, too, am a Stargate fan - movie and TV

A cruise.

Cyber_Kat - Hope you feel better from your cold. Maybe this will make you feel better - I and my family are craving a cruise because we had to cancel our New Years Breeze cruise due to me catching the flu 2 days before flying out. The good news - the cruise we are now craving is rescheduled for Spring Break, Mar 30 2013 :D

Those cookies ARE good. I'm not sure if the selections on the embarkation day have changed, but they have always had two types of cookies on the buffet during lunch the first day. We all love them so much that I now bring 4 zip loc bags (one for each of us) and we each take 6 or 8 cookies back to our cabin - it's the perfect little snack to much on while relaxing in the stateroom throughout the cruise.

Archived