Live From the Carnival Breeze - BC6

Kokomo_Man

Live From Bloggers Cruise 6 On the Breeze

Day-O(h)

Horror of horrors, I missed half of Day 0. I try to maximize my cruise time by getting to the ship as early in the day as I can. I figure the minute I’m on board I’m cruisin’. I don’t care if the ship is still docked. I figure that if I a drink of the day in my hand and a Guy Ferengie’s Burger in my tummy, then I’m cruisin’. Well today that didn’t happen.

First I slept in this morning. The day started out in Key Largo. As usual, I started the vacation early by spending a few days SCUBA diving in “the Keys”. So after all that diving… and a few frozen concoctions to help me hang on… I was all tuckered out. So I didn’t get up until about 9:00 AM this morning. I thought “not to worry”... it’s only about an hour and a half to drive to the port. I figured that I would zip up to the port; drop off the bags; go to the airport to drop off the rental car; and then zip back to the port in a shuttle bus. That would get me on the ship by noon.

Wrong!!! There were seven ships in the Port of Miami and all the people wanting in or out created an awful traffic jam. I got to within about half a mile of the port in a bit over an hour as expected. But… after that I was grid-locked for nearly an hour. It took almost as long to get out of the port area. Then half an hour waiting for the shuttle back to the port and then grinding through the traffic jam again.

I can only imagine what has happened to anyone that started out by cutting it close on time. I suspect we’ll meet them in a couple of days in St. Thomas. By the time I got on the ship and dropped all my crapola off in the cabin, the ships intercom was blaring out information about the impending safety drill. Before I could find a drink of the day the ship’s horn started blasting out that the drill had started.

So, I was off to the Blush restaurant to meet some new friends with nary a drink of the day in my hand nor any of Guy Ferengie’s Burger in my tummy. I apologize to the cruise gods for violating this fundamental cruise law and promise to make amends.

Good-n-Bad News…

This cruise is starting out with good and bad news. Well… there’s some very good news too and that’s that I’m on a cruise ship. It’s always very good news when I’m on a cruise ship. But there is also some “good-n-bad” news. The bad news is that the unlimited internet has been suspended here on the Breeze. Boooooooo!!!!!!

When I first heard this news I wasn’t sure I believed it. You know how the internet is… “stuff” flies around this board and on internet social network pages and a lot of it is only only half truths at best. Unfortunately the suspension of unlimited internet is true on this ship. So this is only going to be a “sort of” “live from”. Instead of using up a bundle of dough on internet time, I’ll wait till I hit ports for most of it.

Before unlimited internet I started boycotting the slow, unreliable, overpriced, internet on cruise ships in general and Carnival in particular. But this is where the good news comes in. I have been assured by a highly placed Carnival official that unlimited internet will return to this ship and be available fleet wide “soon”. (This “highly placed” official told me how long it would be and that it’s OK for me to “print” it. However, I’m only going to say “soon” since the person that told me about this has been faked out by the “beards” on a number of occasions.)

That’s all for today. I’ve got amends to make to the cruise gods and catch up with a drink of the day.

Before I go, I want to say hello to my Funatic friends that couldn’t make this cruise… miss ya’ll.

Bob

Searching for Kokomo

Bob, as one Funatic to another ... represent my friend :D Make sure that Ron pays tribute to Fat Bottom Girls :p and make sure he knows how sad some of us are that we are not there! Enjoy a Guys burger for me :( since I can't! WIWT have a reat criuse! :)

Thanks for all the kind comments. Here's the second half of Day 0

Day-O(h) – Part 2

I’m writing this on the morning of Day 1. Anyone that has read my stuff before know that I separate the first day into two parts mainly because I get to “go” with “Day 0(h)” twice… so all together now, Daaaay Oh… Day yay yay Oh…. (I’m sorry… I can’t help it. It’s a sickness.)

Soon after the safety drill I started making up my amends for violating “cruise law” at the first blogger cruise activity, the “welcome party”. It started at 5:00 PM. John Heald had some welcoming remarks and introduced some of the key people that will be on this cruise… his staff, comedians and the incomparable Ron Pass in the piano bar.

Most important at this “party” was the almost free flowing booze and beer. Carnival did not skimp on any of it. Folks attending could have as much as they wanted and there was always a waiter nearby with a tray full of libations. John ordered a wheelbarrow for many to be carted away at the end of the party. (Not me of course.)

I also had a chance to get one of Guy Ferengie’s Burgers. Those of you that read my stuff from the November cruise may remember my “moaning” about the mechanics “shop rags” they had at the Guy Ferengie Burger place… you know, those greasy, orange rags that Bubba down at the corner garage has hanging out of his back pocket. Well, Guys Ferengie Burger has done away with those. Now they have the nice white linen napkins that are used all over the ship.

I like to think that I have the kind of pull with Carnival to have prompted the change, but I know I don’t. I suspect that I’m not the only person that didn’t think highly of the “shop rags” and despite what some may think, Carnival is always responsive to their customers.

Dinner was once again Carnival’s fine fare with exceptional service. If you’ve read some of my past posts, the service hasn’t always been stellar. This is another area that Carnival is always trying to shine and respond to customers. It shows. I’m sure that being on the company’s latest, greatest ship has something to do with it to. Carnival selects the finest on their fleet when they are staffing their latest darling ship.

After dinner it was off to the piano bar with Ron Pass… the main reason I’m here on this ship and this cruise. Ron Pass is an exceptional entertainer and its standing room only when he’s on board. For those that haven’t cruised with him lately, he does an early “set” from around 7:30 PM – 8:xx PM and then takes a dinner break. He returns at 9:30 and goes on till about 1:00 PM. I don’t know if this is just Ron, or fleet wide. Whatever it is, I like it.

Ron was in his normal good form and the place was really packed. I brought “Red Solo Cups” to pass out. When I packed them I almost didn’t bring them all because I thought that I had more than enough… I didn’t. Ron had so many people in there that I ran out and I’m sorry to say some people didn’t get one. Oh well, they had fun without one. I stayed in the Piano Bar until closing. I suspect the same will happen every night of the cruise.

Ummmm…. I need to say a word to my Funatic friends “D” and “L” of the “Official Funatics”. Although I miss you, I think it’s a good thing you weren’t in the PB last night. Ron played a new “late night” song. I think that if you were there, you may have been displaying your assets. NO! not those assets; those would be on the 26th. In this case, think “Girls Gone Wild”.

Bob

Memories of Naked Fanny

Miss you too Bob......hopefully by now you've caught up with the DOD's......love you.....can't wait until April.....

Hi Bob!!! I guess I'm going to have to love BC6 thru you :(. We miss you and all the other Funatics. Have a great time and have a 'SOCIAL' for us :D

Okay I tried to quote all the Funatics but CC would not let me. Hey there Bob, Chris, Cass, TC, Lee, Linny and Dave! Bob have fun for all of us!

Had so much fun on the Breeze with all of the Funatics! Hope we will meet up again someday!

Looking forward to your review Bob.:)

I also had a chance to get one of Guy Ferengie’s Burgers. Those of you that read my stuff from the November cruise may remember my “moaning” about the mechanics “shop rags” they had at the Guy Ferengie Burger place… you know, those greasy, orange rags that Bubba down at the corner garage has hanging out of his back pocket. Well, Guys Ferengie Burger has done away with those. Now they have the nice white linen napkins that are used all over the ship.

I like to think that I have the kind of pull with Carnival to have prompted the change, but I know I don’t. I suspect that I’m not the only person that didn’t think highly of the “shop rags” and despite what some may think, Carnival is always responsive to their customers.

Interesting. I was on the Breeze that just ended yesterday and they still had the shop rags. Personally, not an issue with me. You are eating a sloppy burger at times after all and therefore it fits with the theme. They had the "white linen napkins" right behind though on the cleaning table (the one behind the topping bar) in a basket for those that wanted them.

And yes, the unlimited was ended the cruise right before mine (so January 12 was the last day). The Internet lady told me it was a test and they are going to be upgrading the system before attempting it again and going fleetwide. Too many complaints on speed and being overloaded (after all for $30 for a week of unlimited, you can't beat that, but when maybe 500 people are doing that, it can really bog the system down.) She estimated to me early spring before it comes back.

Bob, LOL at your last paragraph!:D:D

Okay I tried to quote all the Funatics but CC would not let me. Hey there Bob, Chris, Cass, TC, Lee, Linny and Dave! Bob have fun for all of us!

Had so much fun on the Breeze with all of the Funatics! Hope we will meet up again someday!

Looking forward to your review Bob.:)

Ready, we would LOVE to sail with you guys again!! Victory, October...come on!:D

Live From Bloggers Cruise 6 On the Breeze

Day-O(h)

Horror of horrors, I missed half of Day 0. I try to maximize my cruise time by getting to the ship as early in the day as I can. I figure the minute I’m on board I’m cruisin’. I don’t care if the ship is still docked. I figure that if I a drink of the day in my hand and a Guy Ferengie’s Burger in my tummy, then I’m cruisin’. Well today that didn’t happen.

First I slept in this morning. The day started out in Key Largo. As usual, I started the vacation early by spending a few days SCUBA diving in “the Keys”. So after all that diving… and a few frozen concoctions to help me hang on… I was all tuckered out. So I didn’t get up until about 9:00 AM this morning. I thought “not to worry”... it’s only about an hour and a half to drive to the port. I figured that I would zip up to the port; drop off the bags; go to the airport to drop off the rental car; and then zip back to the port in a shuttle bus. That would get me on the ship by noon.

Wrong!!! There were seven ships in the Port of Miami and all the people wanting in or out created an awful traffic jam. I got to within about half a mile of the port in a bit over an hour as expected. But… after that I was grid-locked for nearly an hour. It took almost as long to get out of the port area. Then half an hour waiting for the shuttle back to the port and then grinding through the traffic jam again.

I can only imagine what has happened to anyone that started out by cutting it close on time. I suspect we’ll meet them in a couple of days in St. Thomas. By the time I got on the ship and dropped all my crapola off in the cabin, the ships intercom was blaring out information about the impending safety drill. Before I could find a drink of the day the ship’s horn started blasting out that the drill had started.

So, I was off to the Blush restaurant to meet some new friends with nary a drink of the day in my hand nor any of Guy Ferengie’s Burger in my tummy. I apologize to the cruise gods for violating this fundamental cruise law and promise to make amends.

Good-n-Bad News…

This cruise is starting out with good and bad news. Well… there’s some very good news too and that’s that I’m on a cruise ship. It’s always very good news when I’m on a cruise ship. But there is also some “good-n-bad” news. The bad news is that the unlimited internet has been suspended here on the Breeze. Boooooooo!!!!!!

When I first heard this news I wasn’t sure I believed it. You know how the internet is… “stuff” flies around this board and on internet social network pages and a lot of it is only only half truths at best. Unfortunately the suspension of unlimited internet is true on this ship. So this is only going to be a “sort of” “live from”. Instead of using up a bundle of dough on internet time, I’ll wait till I hit ports for most of it.

Before unlimited internet I started boycotting the slow, unreliable, overpriced, internet on cruise ships in general and Carnival in particular. But this is where the good news comes in. I have been assured by a highly placed Carnival official that unlimited internet will return to this ship and be available fleet wide “soon”. (This “highly placed” official told me how long it would be and that it’s OK for me to “print” it. However, I’m only going to say “soon” since the person that told me about this has been faked out by the “beards” on a number of occasions.)

That’s all for today. I’ve got amends to make to the cruise gods and catch up with a drink of the day.

Before I go, I want to say hello to my Funatic friends that couldn’t make this cruise… miss ya’ll.

Bob

Searching for Kokomo

be thankful they took away the unltd is awful. My guess is that the improved Satellite Internet that has become available will be implemented by the Cruise companies...

Hey Bob! Great to see you back. What fun to read your adventures. And yes, Ron Pass makes the Cruise so much fun. Maybe you can bootleg the new naughty song for me. Great to see a lot of familiar posters here again. Hi Chris, Cassie, Dave, Linda, Ready, Aussiegirl, T C 2!

Oh Bob ..... day two-O is almost over :( and those of us "left behind" are waiting for your updates. I know you're probably still in the PB right now, please say hi to Ron, Sylvia, & Alex from the missing members of the Rontourage ;)

Archived