Self service Laundry

cinnamon

Everything supplied. We have never used it, the room always seems to be busy. It is not easy to get a machine.....
We've rarely had a problem getting a machine, and the couple we traveled with managed to do several loads on a 16-day cruise. One washing machine on Quest was broken in November/December. Would be nice if it were fixed.

• 1 year later...

Yes ironing board and iron - actually I think there were two boards and two irons. I am sure someone will be along to correct me if I am wrong.

You need to time using the laundry facilities. They are not always busy. Try early morning, dinner time, just back from a tour day in hopes others are still out or too tired to do laundry. Also time your laundry - I find no need to guard my laundry but it is important to be back to the machine before it finishes to keep those waiting to get a machine from undue delay.

Hope this helps.

• 2 months later...
no need. laundry detergent is attached to the machines...just push a button.

Just push the button ONCE! No sound or motion that lets you know that soap went in machine. You won't like it if you push often --or someone before you pushed too often:eek: Do not ask how I know!:o

Just push the button ONCE! No sound or motion that lets you know that soap went in machine. You won't like it if you push often --or someone before you pushed too often:eek: Do not ask how I know!:o

You can actually see the liquid soap going down the tube after you push the button. But even if you miss the drama of the soap entering the machine :)don't push the button more than once.

Also time your laundry - I find no need to guard my laundry but it is important to be back to the machine before it finishes to keep those waiting to get a machine from undue delay.

Roger, that. Failure to be polite and to not hog the machines often results in your laundry, wet or dry, being placed in a pile someplace within the laundry room. :)

Edited by Sailin' Shoes

• 1 month later...
BTW, the laundry room is not open 24/7 in deference to all the people who are in the surrounding cabins. The hours are 7 am to 10:00 pm every day.

Do you happen to know how many machines there are? Thanks.

If I remember correctly, 4 washers and 4 dryers. Definetly 2 irons and ironing boards.

In my experience during the cruise something inevitably breaks down so be prepared to have less equipment at some point.

On the Quest there were four washers & four driers. I only poked my nose in briefly on the Journey but I'd guess it was the same number. This photo is courtesy of Mike & Carol Preisman, taken four years ago.

SE_Asia_IMG_7333.jpg

Edited by dln929

On the Quest there were four washers & four driers. I only poked my nose in briefly on the Journey but I'd guess it was the same number. This photo is courtesy of Mike & Carol Preisman, taken four years ago.

SE_Asia_IMG_7333.jpg

Pretty much the same on Journey but on my last cruise the Ironing boards were oriented into the room. Well at least until someone broke one of the boards.

My butler brought me a laundry basket. I filled it. He carried it for me to the laundry room. Later, he brought me hangers,helped me put my clothes on hangers, and carried the clothes back to my cabin. That was outstanding.

I also use the ship's laundry service. It has been good on previous cruises. Clothes return next day on hangers or folded.

My butler brought me a laundry basket. I filled it. He carried it for me to the laundry room. Later, he brought me hangers,helped me put my clothes on hangers, and carried the clothes back to my cabin. That was outstanding.

I also use the ship's laundry service. It has been good on previous cruises. Clothes return next day on hangers or folded.

Just in case I can't get a washer - do you know how much they charge for the ships laundry? Thanks.