The Brilliant Reflection - A Review of 1-12-2013 Sailing with Photos (Very Long)

librarylady19

Here are links to my photos:

Activities and Entertainment

Bars of Reflection

Restaurants of Reflection

Reflection Food and Drink

More to come...thanks again for all the kind words.

Hola, sounds like you had a good time. My wife and I sat with you and your hubby for a bit on the Eclipse 12/10/11 sailing. It was the day we left up in the sunset bar right after we got on the ship, around 11am. My wife and I will be on the Silhouette in about 3 weeks. Should be fun. My parents were on the Reflection over in Europe in november, and on the trans atlantic sailing as well. They really enjoyed it, although they still said they like the equinox the best.

These "bags/totes" seemed like a good idea, so DW went to buy some for our upcoming Reflection cruise. When she brought them home I remarked on how heavy they were for fabric bags. Any way I weighed one and it weighed as much as one pair of my Chinos. Hmm, do I need a small bit of neatness for seven days or do I need a couple of pairs of pants. Back to Target they went. Not taking more than 45 lbs total, suitcase and all.

FYI, Dollar Tree has fabric pods for $1 each in various sizes. They are not as "classy" as the Target ones, and not as tall, but they serve the purpose and weigh a lot less. The Target ones are 10.5" W x 10.5" D x 11" H. The Dollar Tree ones are 11" W x 11" D x 8" H.

Six of the Target pods weigh 5 lbs 4 oz. Six of the Dollar Tree pods weigh 2 lbs 2 oz. So, we will each be carrying 1 lb 1 oz of pods in our luggage. For us, I think the convenience will be worth it.

And they are inexpensive enough to just discard, if you shop for "stuff" and need to cut down on the weight of your luggage going home.

I even got my DH to agree to have three of them in his overhead cupboard. They come in a solid color, polka dot and stripe fabric and in many different sizes.Smaller ones would be useful in the cabin bathroom, too.

GiGiAnn

I even got my DH to agree to have three of them in his overhead cupboard. They come in a solid color, polka dot and stripe fabric and in many different sizes.Smaller ones would be useful in the cabin bathroom, too.

Your husband sounds like a very nice guy, but don't expect him to store a polka dot one. ;)

Your husband sounds like a very nice guy, but don't expect him to store a polka dot one. ;)

LOL Well, I don't think that would be a problem. You should see his Hanes. Well, maybe not. ;)

Hola, sounds like you had a good time. My wife and I sat with you and your hubby for a bit on the Eclipse 12/10/11 sailing. It was the day we left up in the sunset bar right after we got on the ship, around 11am. My wife and I will be on the Silhouette in about 3 weeks. Should be fun. My parents were on the Reflection over in Europe in november, and on the trans atlantic sailing as well. They really enjoyed it, although they still said they like the equinox the best.

Yes, I remember!! Will be interested to hear how you like Silhouette as we are booked for our next cruise (unless I can convince Scott to book another cruise before that....I'm working on it).

Yes, I remember!! Will be interested to hear how you like Silhouette as we are booked for our next cruise (unless I can convince Scott to book another cruise before that....I'm working on it).

Everything was just perfect on Silhouette with a few very very small and insignificant problems which were fully resolved. Food, people, and services were great. It is very similar to Reflection (based on your review) and, as you know, annoying alcoves are there as well. :) Otherwise, it's such a beautiful ship; we miss it (sailed in March 2012) Thank you again for your great review! Looking forward to experience Reflection in March!

Great thread! We are on the reflection in April. Definitely doing a drink package, not sure about other dinning add-on's as of yet.

Any other insider tips/tricks/advice for travel on the Reflection?

Drink oackage is great, especially if you like craft beers and The molecular Bar. RhinkmI included all my tips/advice in the review but I'm sure others can add theirs.

Edited by librarylady19

Thank you so very much for this wonderful review! I'm hoping for a return to Celebrity for a spring cruise and it was nice to read all your posts and see the pics. I'm trying to decide about AquaClass; I'd do it just to veg on heated loungers and gaze at the ocean for 7 days.

I've read differing opinions on the Persian Garden but you said it was always quiet. No noise or over-crowding problems? If you've already answered this earlier, I apologize. Again, thanks for a great review.

Pam

Thank you so very much for this wonderful review! I'm hoping for a return to Celebrity for a spring cruise and it was nice to read all your posts and see the pics. I'm trying to decide about AquaClass; I'd do it just to veg on heated loungers and gaze at the ocean for 7 days.

I've read differing opinions on the Persian Garden but you said it was always quiet. No noise or over-crowding problems? If you've already answered this earlier, I apologize. Again, thanks for a great review.

Pam

Ypu can't go wrong selecting Reflection for a cruise IMO, unless you are into lots of active sports onboard or ballroom dancing, neither of which is featured.

As for PG, only one time was it near capacity - there was the same issue as at the pools of people leaving used towels on the loungers :confused:

and always peaceful. I'm sure it depends on time of day, just like the pools. It is a lovely place to chill after a shore day. Enjoy!!

T.I'm trying to decide about AquaClass; I'd do it just to veg on heated loungers and gaze at the ocean for 7 days.

Pam

Pam ...

One opinion on AQ: We've sailed AQ once and to us the biggest attraction was dining in Blu - which was great for B'Fast and dinner. Used the PG once to relax while watching us enter a port. It was half full. Since the AQ cabins are exactly the same as any other veranda cabin and since we're Elite and treated very well anyway, AQ is only worth it to us if the price differential is very small (which, occasionally is true). On a 7 night cruise we prob eat in a speciality restaurant once or twice. That means the Blu advantage is only 5 dinners. Also, when we cruise with others who are not AQ it clearly makes no sense. That said, if all the stars align, we would do it again.

... Cal

Thank you both, Cal and Sandi, the info on Blu and PG is appreciated. Now, if I could just pick between the Silhouette and Reflection for mid March. AQ on Silhouette is $400 pp less than on Reflection that week. $800 covers airfare and the upgraded drink package for two; that's significant!

Pam

We haven't sailed on Silhoiette yet, bit the only difference in layout that I know of is that Reflection has the newly designed Sunset Bar, extra deck to accommodate new suites, smaller Sky Lounge and no Quasar.

I'd say, go with Silhouette for the price difference.

They offer a nice selection of drinks too:

d66da9d73d934313577ea0cbda5a2eb3.jpg

d90be76016eadae5f9c397b7a3b5ef40.jpg

We started with cream of chicken soup and salad:

c0b3df3c8638dbd368b452c63955d699.jpg

And each had a panini - pictured here are the Italiano (left) and the steak paninis - both were very good.

8d2c416daa37a5f6670247f7647a4b41.jpg

We each had pie for dessert - peach for me and pumpkin for Scott.

The Porch was a very popular spot that day, and for good reason!!

192c6e2a4813e043e81630b04b143965.jpg

so is the KJ pinot noir 8 or 8.50 by the glass? It matters for those of us wine lovers looking at packages?

Thanks for all the details, it surely helps do our research.

Well, it's definitely $8.50 at the Porch. If you are a wine lover, you won't find much under $8 a glass...even over that the selection is fairly limited by the glass, as compared to by the bottle. It was fine for our needs as we tend to drink wine only with meals. The Malbec in the Porch menu was also available at the Lawn Club Grill and went nicely with the grilled meats.

Edited by librarylady19

Thanks so much for the review. It has been so informative and entertaining.

Did you happen to see an ethernet port near the desk? I remember there was one on the Eclipse near the outlets and happened to see it in a photo of a Reflection Sky Suite. The desk photo seems to show that they've removed it on Reflection AQ from the Light Switch, 2 US plugs, 1 Euro plug lineup?

The Eclipse photo:

http://www.drinkeattravel.com/wp-content/gallery/celebrity-eclipse-cruise-preview/celebrity-eclipse-aquaclass-stateroom-desk.jpg

Thanks so much for the review. It has been so informative and entertaining.

Did you happen to see an ethernet port near the desk? I remember there was one on the Eclipse near the outlets and happened to see it in a photo of a Reflection Sky Suite. The desk photo seems to show that they've removed it on Reflection AQ from the Light Switch, 2 US plugs, 1 Euro plug lineup?

The Eclipse photo:

http://www.drinkeattravel.com/wp-content/gallery/celebrity-eclipse-cruise-preview/celebrity-eclipse-aquaclass-stateroom-desk.jpg

I do not think there was Ethernet port - we were able to access the wireless network in the cabin, however.