Saint John, New Brunswick

camtran

We did a very nice bus tour to St Martin. Stopped at a beautiful church and reversing falls along the way. St Martin we saw the VERY low tide effects, two old covered bridges, tidal caves and best of all had the best lobster chowder ever for lunch! Our tour guide was a lady who actually lived in St Martin, so it was extra special getting her comments.

DaveOKC

Tom's guide for Cornerbrook should be available around the end of next week (Feb. 8). He is very excited about 3 Scenic Driving Tours for Sydney. They are for Louisbourg, Around Bras d'Or Lake to Baddeck and Highland Village and Cabot Trail north to Ingonish.

• 4 weeks later...
We are going to be in Saint John for about 8 hours on our cruise. What highlights should be try to see while we are there?

Thanks!

Ken and Brenda:

Here is my recommendation (having done it myself):

Call "Enterprise Car Rental" and make a reservation. Then call them as you leave the ship. They will bring your rental car to the ship and meet you. Cost for the day is around $50-$60 for the day plus gas.

Then head out to "St Martin" (about 23 miles away as I recall). A Pretty fishing village. Then head to "The Fundy Trail Parkway" and take the ten mile scenic tour (cost is about $5/pp). Breathtaking scenery you will never forget.

Share the cost with another couple on the ship (as we did) and advertise on cruise critic if you wish. The drive is easy and very difficult to get lost.

Sorry I won't be available for any follow up as I found your question purely by accident.

Archived