Flight nightmares

BillPizzaiolo

Stuck in airport all day yesterday, flight kept moving to a later time. Started at early arrival for AA international flight scheduled for 5:20 PM as required. Ended up in Miami at almost 2AM missing 11:55 PM flight to Lima. Hotel &. Food vouchers in hand off to Crown Plaza. Now to wait until 4:30 PM. I guess we will get to Lima & Reggatta late tonight. Hope luggage gets there with us.

Sorry to hear of your troubles. I was afraid my AA flight was going to be cancelled last month, although delayed, I didn't relax until we were in the air. Never know how much of the problem is just labor unrest by disgruntled pilots.

That's awful. Did you book your own air or use O's? Any chance of your missing the ship? I know some people that happened to some years ago.

Mura

The Regatta will be in Lima overnight and won't leave till 7PM on the 24th.

OP should be fine, albeit a little sleep deprived.

Bill, I hope the rest of your trip is smooth and uneventful :)

It did sound that way but I wasn't sure. The people I mentioned -- the wife happened to have gone to high school with me but that was purely coincidence -- had their flight from southern California to Dover cancelled which made them miss the ship. And they didn't catch the ship until our second port.

Quite a nightmare.

Mura

Stuck in airport all day yesterday, flight kept moving to a later time. Started at early arrival for AA international flight scheduled for 5:20 PM as required. Ended up in Miami at almost 2AM missing 11:55 PM flight to Lima. Hotel &. Food vouchers in hand off to Crown Plaza. Now to wait until 4:30 PM. I guess we will get to Lima & Reggatta late tonight. Hope luggage gets there with us.

I call them "flightmares". AA had us delayed over 5 hours in JFK to RIO. Plane broke down, fixed that, now no crew, fixed that, then no pilots, eventually we got in the air. They gave out vouchers to get some food but all the venues had closed except one and it was mobbed. Hope your flight today goes smooth. Have a wonderful cruise. Deb

Never know how much of the problem is just labor unrest by disgruntled pilots.

What there was of that pretty much ended when the pilots accepted the proposed contract before Christmas.

Hope the flight tomorrow goes according to schedule.

Sorry to read of your delays and hoping you arrive in good order. Enjoy your cruise!

Pam

My United flight Newark/Cologne was cancelled this past summer en route to Barcelona. Weather and then equipment.

Found a Newark-Madrid, then flew Madrid/Barcelona. Made the cruise.

Luggage arrived Cypress, 12 days later.

Hope you had a large enough carryon so that you had toiletries, underwear, change of clothes, rtc.

While the long delayed luggage was my first such, it's not that unusual for O. They do overnight laundry and we did have 1 roll on with limited additional clothing. I was able to buy a few things at several ports, but the BW was more discerning and wouldn't just buy to have. O did provide toiletry kits, but only the men's had a deodorant and the included shampoos and conditioners were unneeded. We do pack differently now, with more going into roll-ons. I did fight with a different airline when they tried to separate me from my carry on in Newark en route to Atlanta on the way to Rome.

Archived