Getting Passports Stamped in E. Caribbean

AutumnWillow

Hello, I'm new to the forum, so I'm not sure if the answer has been here and I can't find it. I've used the search tool but only found what may be outdated information on getting passports stamped in locations I'm not going to. Forgive me if this questions is already answered.

I'm taking the NCL Gem Eastern Caribbean (Samana, San Juan, St Maarten, etc) cruise and would like to add stamps to my passport. Does anyone have any current information on whether this is done since it's kind of just for sentiment and not required?

Thank you for taking the time to read my question.

The only time I can remember having my passport stamped in the Caribbean was when arriving by air. There will be officials at the port, somewhere, perhaps the Purser's office or front desk on your ship can tell you where to go to get this done.

I got one on a boat once, in The Bahamas. Albeit a private boat as we sailed in from Florida. So it's easy to get one via boat...just maybe not a 3,000 person boat ;)

This thread reminds me of when we were travel neophytes (a very long time ago) and took a day trip from Hong Kong to China (our first time in China). We wanted to get our Passports stamped but the Chinese official refused. After some discussion (through our guide) we got the stamp but had to pay a bribe :). These days we try not to get our passports stamped because the State Dept now charges to add extra pages and we always manage to run out of pages within the 10 years. There are still some countries (like China, Russia and Brazil) that insist on an entire page :)

Hank

In St. Martin, we booked a tour. 2 in our group wanted a stamp, so the first stop was at the "immigration office" which was right outside of the port.

We literally had to wake them up and ask to get the PP stamped, which they did.

Archived