Allure Diamond Lounge/Upgrade Questions

Despite my vow to not book Allure or Oasis until the prices came down, I confess I am weak and caved. :)

A couple questions: What is the diamond lounge like on Allure? The first ship I sailed with a dedicated diamond lounge was Liberty, but we had booked a suite, so I never spent any time there. Do they serve breakfast/or lunch? Is breakfast continental? Same rules in the evening as far as children under a certain age not allowed?

Upgrade question--I am booked in a hump jr. suite. My research shows this balcony to be quite large (2 chairs table, and two loungers). There are three of us traveling in this cabin (husband and 14 daughter). The prices for the Grand Suites are ALOT higher, and I don't think other than suite perks, there would be much benefit to upgrading because in fact the GS balconys look to only have a table, two chairs and one lounger?

Thanks!

Despite my vow to not book Allure or Oasis until the prices came down, I confess I am weak and caved. :)

A couple questions: What is the diamond lounge like on Allure? The first ship I sailed with a dedicated diamond lounge was Liberty, but we had booked a suite, so I never spent any time there. Do they serve breakfast/or lunch? Is breakfast continental? Same rules in the evening as far as children under a certain age not allowed?

Upgrade question--I am booked in a hump jr. suite. My research shows this balcony to be quite large (2 chairs table, and two loungers). There are three of us traveling in this cabin (husband and 14 daughter). The prices for the Grand Suites are ALOT higher, and I don't think other than suite perks, there would be much benefit to upgrading because in fact the GS balconys look to only have a table, two chairs and one lounger?

Thanks!

The DL on Allure is actually quite small for the number of guests. It overlooks the Promenade on deck 6, so no outside view at all. Breakfast is continental. The evening cocktail hour is normally held in the Blaze lounge on deck 4. Same rules as before for children, none allowed during evening cocktail hour.

The DL on Allure is actually quite small for the number of guests. It overlooks the Promenade on deck 6, so no outside view at all. Breakfast is continental. The evening cocktail hour is normally held in the Blaze lounge on deck 4. Same rules as before for children, none allowed during evening cocktail hour.

Thanks, Bob, I appreciate the reply! I saw a youtube video of the Allure Diamond Lounge, and it looked to be set up for cocktail hour. I really like to grab a first cup of coffee in the morning, and less important to me is the cocktail hour, as we typically travel with friends, not all of which are diamond, so we are more likely to frequent other lounges and just pay for our drinks! The only real benefit I can see in the suite upgrade is access to the private sunning area and priority show seating, but from what I have read, finding chairs on sea days is not as difficult on Allure as it can be on other ships, and I think as long as I make show reservations, the priority show seating is not a great perk either--particularly because of the substantial increase in cost to go from the jr. suite to the grand suite. Is the concierge lounge different? (other than location)--do they serve breakfast?

The Oasis class ships have the best Concierge Lounge. It has floor to ceiling windows overlooking the Boardwalk and Aqua Theatre.

Yes they servce both continental breakfast and also breakfast and lunch off a menu.

They also have the nightly cocktail hour there.

Thanks, Bob, I appreciate the reply! I saw a youtube video of the Allure Diamond Lounge, and it looked to be set up for cocktail hour. I really like to grab a first cup of coffee in the morning, and less important to me is the cocktail hour, as we typically travel with friends, not all of which are diamond, so we are more likely to frequent other lounges and just pay for our drinks! The only real benefit I can see in the suite upgrade is access to the private sunning area and priority show seating, but from what I have read, finding chairs on sea days is not as difficult on Allure as it can be on other ships, and I think as long as I make show reservations, the priority show seating is not a great perk either--particularly because of the substantial increase in cost to go from the jr. suite to the grand suite. Is the concierge lounge different? (other than location)--do they serve breakfast?

The CL on Allure is very much different, in a class by itself. They serve made to order breakfast and lunch, with beer and wine available at lunch. The CL has floor to ceiling windows looking aft over the boardwalk. It's a beautiful venue.

Thanks again. This is good to know. Love all the first hand experts on CC! I thought I had read somehwere that the concierge lounge on Allure/Oasis offered the ability to order off a menu for lunch or breakfast. We usually just go the the windjammer for breakfast, but it sounds like it's not a popular choice on this ship. We did like the ability to order full dining room menus from room service on our last cruise, and the private sunning area on Liberty was also nice.

The concierge lounge on Liberty is VERY small, and was a bit of a disappointment--the diamond lounge was actually located in a nicer venue, although alot farther from our cabin, so we never frequented it.

You can get breakfast on those ships at Johnny Rockets at no charge. A better option than the WJ in my opinion Ellen

Have also read that! Is there a specific dress code for the concierge lounge, similar to the MDR for breakfast and lunch?

You can get breakfast on those ships at Johnny Rockets at no charge. A better option than the WJ in my opinion Ellen

Yes breakfast is no charge at JR. Enjoy!....I must admit that a few times we ate there we had to ask for utensils well after our meal was delivered

Happened twice.....our mistake not to caught on the first time.:eek: We were always first thing in the am......so they might not have been in the groove yet.

To be clear, holding the evening cocktail hour elsewhere is dependent on the number of Diamond guests on the ship. If there are too many to fit in the DL, they will move it. As of yet, I have not had the (dis)pleasure of experiencing the cocktail hour in Blaze (though past results are not an indicator of future results).

The Dlounge on the Oasis or Allure will have a continental type breakfast. The Clounge offers breakfast and lunch menus with food to order. T'he Windjammer is small for the ship but there are other venues for breakfast and lunch. JR's full breakfast. Park Cafe - bagels, muffins, 'egg mcmufs' and fruit. The MDR was usually open for lunch (I did not expect this as other cruises it was sea days only). I like the Tutti salad and the burgers are OK. Of course the Park Cafe has the roast beef sandwiches and salads. I was worth it to me to take a short cruise to make D+ before our Allure cruise. I had seen the Clounge as part of the Chef's Table dinner on the Oasis and because we were so close we booked a short cruise before we boarded the Alure. The Clounge is much nicer than the Diamond on the Oasis but the Diamond is better on the Freedom class ships.

The Dlounge on the Oasis or Allure will have a continental type breakfast. The Clounge offers breakfast and lunch menus with food to order. T'he Windjammer is small for the ship but there are other venues for breakfast and lunch. JR's full breakfast. Park Cafe - bagels, muffins, 'egg mcmufs' and fruit. The MDR was usually open for lunch (I did not expect this as other cruises it was sea days only). I like the Tutti salad and the burgers are OK. Of course the Park Cafe has the roast beef sandwiches and salads. I was worth it to me to take a short cruise to make D+ before our Allure cruise. I had seen the Clounge as part of the Chef's Table dinner on the Oasis and because we were so close we booked a short cruise before we boarded the Alure. The Clounge is much nicer than the Diamond on the Oasis but the Diamond is better on the Freedom class ships.

Thanks everyone!

Alas, it will require one more cruise with double points following this Allure cruise to hit D+. :) As far as I can tell, other than the CL lounge access for a full breakfast, pool seating areas and priority show seating--the price to move to the GS, and give up my hump JS--probably not worth it. Seems like there are many venues aboard Allure that would enable me to avoid the WJ--including rrom service!

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, the Diamond Lounge is small, but it's in a cool place, overlooking the promenade. The Diamond Concierge, Dexter Fraser, is a great guy, and is about his business.

The area for the nightly diamond event is at Blaze, but I thought that was a fine venue for it. I'm going again on Allure this April...I'll jot more after that. We are close to D+ and it kills me that the Concierge Lounge is right around the corner from our room!!!!

Archived