Revised New Menus

IECalCruiser

Thank you for posting these.... we were on the Ruby for 33 nights last May and were very disappointed in the old new menus.... they were rotated every 7 days and on a long cruise it gets boring.

These look much better and I agree, the medallions are a good backstop if nothing else appeals.... We are off on the Diamond for 38 nights next month.... I hope these menus are on her then.

We were on the Emerald in October and we had "the new, old menu" and we noticed that cheese was not offered any night. With these "new, new menus" that still seems to be the case. I don't eat dessert but always enjoy cheese at the end of a meal. That seems to be one of the cuts that Princess has made to dining.

Jennie

Just ask for it Jennie.... they will get it. :D

We were on the Emerald in October and we had "the new, old menu" and we noticed that cheese was not offered any night. With these "new, new menus" that still seems to be the case. I don't eat dessert but always enjoy cheese at the end of a meal. That seems to be one of the cuts that Princess has made to dining.

Jennie

I didn't try to order cheese after dinner because I like desserts when I am on a cruise. However, every night in the Horizon Court there was a selection of three different cheeses at a special station set up after the exit of the Horizon Court. I often went there to get a late night snack before bed. I would think those cheeses or something similar would be available in the DR on request.

Thank you for posting these.... we were on the Ruby for 33 nights last May and were very disappointed in the old new menus.... they were rotated every 7 days and on a long cruise it gets boring.

These look much better and I agree' date=' the medallions are a good backstop if nothing else appeals.... We are off on the Diamond for 38 nights next month.... I hope these menus are on her then.[/quote']The menus should not repeat on a cruise as Princess has at least 30 menus. They will start over again if you are doing a B2B as you must have done on the Ruby. The menus will start over after 14 days on your upcoming cruise on the Diamond. Your 38 day cruise is the combination of a 14 day and a 24 day cruise and the menus will start over at the start of the second cruise.

I didn't try to order cheese after dinner because I like desserts when I am on a cruise. However, every night in the Horizon Court there was a selection of three different cheeses at a special station set up after the exit of the Horizon Court. I often went there to get a late night snack before bed. I would think those cheeses or something similar would be available in the DR on request.

Thanks for the info. Though once we have finished dinner in the MDR, we tend to head for the entertainment in the lounge and then go on to bed.

These look much better and I agree' date=' the medallions are a good backstop if nothing else appeals.... We are off on the Diamond for 38 nights next month.... I hope these menus are on her then.[/quote']

Have a great trip and thanks for the tip. I will ask for cheese in future instead of a dessert.

Jennie

Thank you so much for posting these. I didn't want to spoil the surprise by reading all of them in detail, but what I saw looks really good. Captain's Welcome Dinner, in particular, is going to be a real quandary come time to order: I liked the looks of two of the appetizers, two of the soups, and three main courses, plus the veal pasta dish . . .

Thank you so much for posting these! I almost cried when I saw them (OK, I didn't cry, but I WAS happy). I didn't hate the old new menu, but I liked the old old menu better. I'm glad to see that Princess listens to it's customers and revised the menus backward. Congrats to Princess for not being stubborn on the menus and listening. Well done.

My only complaint, and I never remember to write it down on my post cruise comments, is the number of dishes they offer with alcohol. This is particularly true of appetizers and soups with added alcohol (particularly the cold soups) and several of the desserts. I know it cooks off, but it has to be cooked to do that and a lot of these dishes aren't cooked or the alcohol is splashed on after it's cooked and on the way out the door. This wouldn't affect most people, even children, but I can not ingest alcohol in any form, even a little bit, so I'm acutely aware of it. It's on me to be sure I always ask beforehand and make it very clear to the head waiter and table waiter.

That was kind of off topic. I love the new new menus and wish next October would hurry up and get here!

My only complaint, and I never remember to write it down on my post cruise comments, is the number of dishes they offer with alcohol. This is particularly true of appetizers and soups with added alcohol (particularly the cold soups) and several of the desserts. I know it cooks off, but it has to be cooked to do that and a lot of these dishes aren't cooked or the alcohol is splashed on after it's cooked and on the way out the door. This wouldn't affect most people, even children, but I can not ingest alcohol in any form, even a little bit, so I'm acutely aware of it. It's on me to be sure I always ask beforehand and make it very clear to the head waiter and table waiter.

Since you speak with the headwaiter, if you do so each evening he can bring you the next day's menu. If you see at item you want that is made with alcohol, he can have it prepared alcohol-free for you. Just need to arrange this each evening for the next night.

Thank you so much for posting these. I didn't want to spoil the surprise by reading all of them in detail, but what I saw looks really good. Captain's Welcome Dinner, in particular, is going to be a real quandary come time to order: I liked the looks of two of the appetizers, two of the soups, and three main courses, plus the veal pasta dish . . .

Have them all Annie! :D

The menus should not repeat on a cruise as Princess has at least 30 menus. They will start over again if you are doing a B2B as you must have done on the Ruby. The menus will start over after 14 days on your upcoming cruise on the Diamond. Your 38 day cruise is the combination of a 14 day and a 24 day cruise and the menus will start over at the start of the second cruise.

We actually did a 7 nighter, then a 14 nighter, then a 12 nighter and we questioned the menu after the third rotation of the 7 night menu..... but it stayed the same, very disappointing and very boring and as it was the old new menu.....not very nice in tthe first place.

We actually did a 7 nighter' date=' then a 14 nighter, then a 12 nighter and we questioned the menu after the third rotation of the 7 night menu..... but it stayed the same, very disappointing and very boring and as it was the old new menu.....not very nice in tthe first place.[/quote']Unfortunately, if you do the same cruise with the revised menus you will still see a repeat of most of the same menus on each cruise.

I took photos of the 14 days of menus on our cruise and they can be seen at the link below.

Thanks so much for posting these new menus!! I'm so glad to see that some of my favorites are still there, but also some new ones to try. I am a bit sad to see the after dinner cheese and fruit plate missing, though, as I enjoyed it often instead of dessert. I'll just try requesting it.

Also, thanks for the nice pictures of the 3 different Window Suite rooms! I stayed in F311 on the Caribbean and loved it. My pictures weren't as nice as yours, so now I have some good pictures to show my kids what a beautiful room I had.

Thanks so much for posting these new menus!! I'm so glad to see that some of my favorites are still there, but also some new ones to try. I am a bit sad to see the after dinner cheese and fruit plate missing, though, as I enjoyed it often instead of dessert. I'll just try requesting it.

Also, thanks for the nice pictures of the 3 different Window Suite rooms! I stayed in F311 on the Caribbean and loved it. My pictures weren't as nice as yours, so now I have some good pictures to show my kids what a beautiful room I had.

They do have a fruit plate every night. One of our friends ordered it several nights and he thought it was very good. I need both fat and sweet for dessert when I cruise :o

Hi shredie,

They are, but guess quite a no of dishes didn't change much from the menus?

Thought of sharing the photos just for reference. :)

I'm sure that many things in the photos will appear on the new new menus. They haven't changed everything. Your great photos have the mac n cheese w seafood everyone complained about. I just wanted to make sure that the menus you show in your photos were the old new menus.

All those breakfasts make me hungry! :)

Archived