Drink System

Anyone ever take a SodaStream carbonator on board Mariner? I was looking at them and it seems to be a good way to have unlimited mixers and soda onboard. Daughter says some of the flavors not that good. What is your' opinion? Thought I might buy soda syrup from Sam's Club in bulk or online.

Anyone ever take a SodaStream carbonator on board Mariner? I was looking at them and it seems to be a good way to have unlimited mixers and soda onboard. Daughter says some of the flavors not that good. What is your' opinion? Thought I might buy soda syrup from Sam's Club in bulk or online.

Seems like quite the hassle just for a drink.

We use one at home but it is way too bulky to take on a cruise.

I will be the first to admit that I know very little about the system but agree that it seems like a lot of hassle for sodas on board. ALso not sure how you wouuld get the syrup on board - they may not allow that. Not to mention the bulk of the machine. Why not consider the soda package? If Mariner has the Frestyle coke machines on board (and I'm not sure if / when they do - maybe someone else can update) that would give you the variety with less hassle and is probably cost effective.

Archived