Triumph has lost propulsion!!

blyle

Text message says ship will arrive late, boarding at 2:30. $50 obc per person but due to lost of propulsion may not make the ports. Not a good thing!!!

Had a problem a few years back on a carnival cruise. We were supposed to go to the caribbean and because of engine problems only were able to sail to Bermuda. Happened when we were all sailing and so of the guests went wild. One couple was getting married at one of the Islands and we weren't sailing their.

Sorry to hear when people miss a port they have something scheduled in (like a wedding). But that is the problem with assuming that a cruise ship is transportation like a bus or a plane. Its not, its a vacation destination that happens to move around and stop at various islands. There are no guarantees which islands or what times the vacation will arrive. So you need to be flexible.

Sorry to hear when people miss a port they have something scheduled in (like a wedding). But that is the problem with assuming that a cruise ship is transportation like a bus or a plane. Its not, its a vacation destination that happens to move around and stop at various islands. There are no guarantees which islands or what times the vacation will arrive. So you need to be flexible.

This is all true, but to suggest that a cruise ship is marketed as a vacation destination is not really accurate. Cruise lines clearly market the destinations and the paying customer has a reasonable expectation to visit the ports of call that are advertised. 99% of the time the ships visit the scheduled islands.

This is all true, but to suggest that a cruise ship is marketed as a vacation destination is not really accurate. Cruise lines clearly market the destinations and the paying customer has a reasonable expectation to visit the ports of call that are advertised. 99% of the time the ships visit the scheduled islands.

Been a while since cruise ships were used as tranportation.

Heydude.. I'm on the same cruise.. hence why I am following this story so closely. But since Cozumel is roughly 100 miles further than Progresso, if they have a speed problem that prevents us from making it to Cozumel and back, I'm not sure if Progresso would be an option either.

Let's hope they can get it fixed....

And for those responding to my comment about cruise ships not being busses, my point was more to the fact that it is widely known that ports get swapped and changed all the time. Yes, 95% of the time the ships go where they are supposed to go, but changes do occur. I wasn't meaning to offend anyone. But you need to realize before you book something as big and costly as a wedding on a given port that you are taking your chances (not matter how good they are). You may miss the port.

If you follow this board regularly you will see many posts about medical emergencies cause ports to gets skipped, storms, mechanical problems.. it does happen quite often.

Just spoke to my parents on the Triumph. They are still in Progreso as of 7:15pm local time. They are waiting for a part that has been delayed at the airport. They are planning on leaving as soon as it arrives. Arrival back into Galveston will be delayed on Saturday.

Just spoke to my parents on the Triumph. They are still in Progreso as of 7:15pm local time. They are waiting for a part that has been delayed at the airport. They are planning on leaving as soon as it arrives. Arrival back into Galveston will be delayed on Saturday.

I'm guessing the problem isn't going to be fixed then as we had to return to Galveston for a medical emergency a couple years ago, left out again around 11pm, and still made all our ports on time. Bummer.

Im leaving on the Triumph Feb 25th and it will be my first cruise! I hope they have this problem fixed by then. The reason why i booked it waa because of Cozumel and i still will be excited regardless because im on vacation but i was thinking of other options if they dont repair the ship. I dont know if any of you have done this but might there be a way that i could upgrade to the Carnival Magic that leaves the day before for money? I'm going to contact Carnival to see my optiona if the same problems on the Triumph occur within the next couple weeks.

Im leaving on the Triumph Feb 25th and it will be my first cruise! I hope they have this problem fixed by then. The reason why i booked it waa because of Cozumel and i still will be excited regardless because im on vacation but i was thinking of other options if they dont repair the ship. I dont know if any of you have done this but might there be a way that i could upgrade to the Carnival Magic that leaves the day before for money? I'm going to contact Carnival to see my optiona if the same problems on the Triumph occur within the next couple weeks.

I was suppose to leave on Triumph last Monday, but because of all the confusion I got it changed. Carnival was real nice about it. Changed to the Magic this Sunday, Feb3. Boy am I glad I did that at this time.

I am wishing you good luck on your cruise.

Did they charge a change fee or anything? Or just the price difference for the Magic? I am really considering it...i booked my online on Orbitz and i didnt get the trip insurance.

The day that Triumph was late coming in I called Carnival and they told me I could Cancel with all money back. Then I call my TA after I had looked up Magic and found a really good price for this Sunday. The tax was higher on the Magic so that added some to the price. I paid $149 more for 2. I am really happy to be going on a larger ship for 7 days and 3 ports and not worrying if it will be coming in on time. It was hard for me to decide to cancel, as I already had luggage in the car.

You would think that all the money they saved by serving meatloaf and mac and cheese they would put into maintainance. Apparently it goes to the stockholders. Next thing you know an engine is going to blow up (oh wait, that already happened).

I just got off the Destiny on 1/26 (yes, where 2 out of 3 of our ports were changed) and I actually loved the meatloaf and the mac & cheese both a lot.

Triumph will be late again for the 2.2.13 sailing.

CARNIVAL TRIUMPH

FEBRUARY 2, 2013

February 1, 2013

Hi there,

We're sure you must be looking forward to your cruise tomorrow, so that is why we want to provide you with some important information regarding the arrival of the Carnival Triumph and our itinerary plans.

The Carnival Triumph will be delayed arriving into Galveston tomorrow due to a technical problem with the ship's propulsion system and adverse weather conditions encountered returning from the previous cruise. The technical issue is only affecting her maximum cruising speed and all other safety systems and hotel services are functioning normally.

At this time, we anticipate to be alongside tomorrow at approximately 11:30 AM. For your comfort and convenience, and since seating is limited at our cruise terminal, we ask that you not make your way to the terminal until 3:00 PM. Check-in for your cruise is now scheduled for 3:00 PM to 6:00 PM and we will set sail shortly thereafter.

Please know that repairs are still underway, but we expect to successfully complete the work and operate the scheduled itinerary for your cruise.

To stay up to date on any changes, we encourage you to sign up for text alerts by texting CCL1 to CRUISE (278473). If you have already done so during your online check-in, you will automatically receive updates.

We sincerely apologize for the delayed start to your cruise vacation and thank you for your understanding.

More importantly, we can't wait to welcome you aboard the beautiful Carnival Triumph for a fun and memorable cruise!

See you soon!

Sincerely,

Vicky Rey, CTC

Vice President - Guest Services

Looks like on my Shipmate App that she docked in Galveston at 8am, hopefully it got fixed and the problem got solved. For whoever sails out today, keep us posted if u can. And have fun! :) My first cruise is in 23 days on the Triumph but hey whos counting!

Archived