Bon Voyage Package

LarryF

We are taking out daughter on board with us on the Ruby in a couple of weeks via the Bon Voyage Package. It says we will board at 11am. Do we go in the way we normally would to board or is there a separate area for those on the Bon Voyage package?

Thanks,

Larry

We are taking out daughter on board with us on the Ruby in a couple of weeks via the Bon Voyage Package. It says we will board at 11am. Do we go in the way we normally would to board or is there a separate area for those on the Bon Voyage package?

Thanks,

Larry

There is usually a separate waiting area for those on the Bon Voyage Experience. You will board through the same entrance as everyone else.

When you arrive at the port entrance, tell the Princess rep that you're doing the BVE. They will direct you to a desk where you are checked off. Then, you are sent upstairs to check-in. You check in at one of the regular check-in lines (you'll be told which line) and then directed to an area right next to the door leading to the ship.

I strongly suggest you get there by 10:30am. Boarding is whenever the ship is cleared for people to board. It could be 11:00am, it could be 12Noon. When I did the BVE in San Pedro last May, we didn't board until almost Noon. Lunch in the dining room was at 12:30. We were directed to a special area in the dining room set aside for BVE people. Before and after lunch, you're free to go wherever you want on the ship. There will be an announcement about half an hour before Muster for you to disembark.

There is usually a separate waiting area for those on the Bon Voyage Experience. You will board through the same entrance as everyone else.

And if there is a line there, find Princess personnel to help you bypass it. The people in that line cannot be checked in and boarding as soon as you can.

I want my son to join us with the BVE when we sail on the Caribbean in April. Can we have lunch together? Can he board with us? When does he have to disembark? Thanks, Karen
You pre-board together and can have lunch wherever you want. There is a section of the dining room set aside for BVE passengers but if you'd rather go to the buffet or have pizza, you can. BVE passengers disembark shortly before the first Muster announcement. Here's a link with the ships, ports and dates offering the BVE: https://book.princess.com/BookingSystem/jsp/home/ship_visit/BonVoyageExperience.jsp

To sign up, call your TA or Princess. Your son will need to go to the Cruise Personalizer and fill out his passport information. It's exactly the same as booking a cruise, only you don't get to sail.

Here's a link with the ships, ports and dates offering the BVE: https://book.princess.com/BookingSystem/jsp/home/ship_visit/BonVoyageExperience.jsp

To sign up, call your TA or Princess. Your son will need to go to the Cruise Personalizer and fill out his passport information. It's exactly the same as booking a cruise, only you don't get to sail.

Thank you Pam! I have looked and looked for information about the BVE and had concluded it was not available for Galveston. Turns out it is after all!!

Rick

The BVE is so great. We did it with the GF's best friend last September on Star. The early boarding is worth the money alone...at least in San Francisco. We didn't bother with the MDR lunch, ship tour, or anything. We just grabbed some food at the buffet and walked around the ship drinking wine. You'll really enjoy it :)

You pre-board together and can have lunch wherever you want. There is a section of the dining room set aside for BVE passengers but if you'd rather go to the buffet or have pizza, you can. BVE passengers disembark shortly before the first Muster announcement. Here's a link with the ships, ports and dates offering the BVE: https://book.princess.com/BookingSystem/jsp/home/ship_visit/BonVoyageExperience.jsp

Hi Pam! Thank you for the link. I'm ready to book another BVE. I had so much fun the last time!

Thanks Pam (who knows everything!). The link doesn't show April 27 :mad::confused:

I bet the CB isn't doing a BVE on that date since that's a repositioning cruise to Europe. They probably don't schedule them for repo embarkation days.

Did a BVE on the Ruby in November. You'll go into the terminal the way everyone normally boards. You will go through security and check-in just like everyone else. After, there is a separate waiting area for those doing BVE and we were let on first (much to the annoyance of the other passengers, who were held back due to a coast guard inspection). It was noon by then, so they were running behind. The FCC person will give you stickers to wear that say Bon Voyage, so staff will know you're in the program and thus entitled to the wine at lunch and the free photo.

In the terminal, make it clear to the staff that you're doing the BVE. I was very surprised that the majority of the Princess staff seemed clueless as to what the BVE was, and our agent had a tough time figuring out how to check us in. :confused: (This was in Ft. Lauderdale, so obviously the BVE is very common.)

Thanks Pam for the link, I checked and Galveston was on the list, so thrilled to see that - got on the phone and made reservation for a BVE can't wait, that will be my Birthday present to me, I am looking forward to it. Thanks again for all your helpful posts.:):):):):)

I would like to treat my neice to the BVE. How are we allowed to get on the ship with her? She will get a boarding pass with BVE on it but what do we get?

Do they call the BVE people first and then allow the priority people on or do the BVE people get to go a certain amount of time before others?

And I imagine no one is in the FC office so would she just fill out the form for the FCC's and leave it in the box. And is the $39 deducted from the $100 so she really just pays $71 or does that $39 come off as a cruise credit?

Thanks so much. I called Princess but the gal didn't know much about it.

The BVE people are in a separate area and board well before those with "Preferred" boarding. I'm pretty sure the passengers boarding the ship just accompany their guest to this area and board with them but I'd have my TA check.

Anyone boarding, whether on the BVE or as a passenger can fill out the FCC form and drop it in the box.

If you book the BVE and subsequently book a cruise, the $39 is added to your deposit, reducing your final amount due by the deposit plus $39.

Thanks Pam,

One last question. How many people are allowed to board early with the BVE person?

Let's say my neice is doing the BVE. We are allowed to board with her since we invited her and just wondering if my MIL and FIL would also be able to. thanks.

One last question. How many people are allowed to board early with the BVE person?

Let's say my neice is doing the BVE. We are allowed to board with her since we invited her and just wondering if my MIL and FIL would also be able to. thanks.

Your whole family can board with her. You'll all wait in the BVE area together until the FCC consultant collects you and then board together. In my experience, the FCC person knew who was doing the BVE solo and who was joining family.

We're booked in March but a preview would be lots of fun!

I may book a BVE in Galveston for the Crown, drive down from Alief and get a one-day parking spot from one of the nearby lots or hotels.

I don't have a booked passenger "Friend" coordinated at this point but why waste the perk that could get someone onboard extra early...

I may just come in thru the door, find some nice family standing in the longest Regular line who's wearing their "CC Mardi Gras Beads," and say, "Come on, let's board this ship." :D

I'll be wearing an orange Moxie shirt (see my avatar)!

Rick

How will visitors coordinate with their friends who are sailing?

Visitors participating in the Bon Voyage Experience will have priority embarkation – a benefit which is extended to their sailing friends. This will ensure they will be able to enjoy the day’s festivities together.

Thanks.

That will make my MIL happy. And if we can keep her happy, then we all are happy. She is at that age where she thinks she should get every benefit she hears about even if she doesn't deserve it - if you get my drift.

So, couldn't the BVE end up like priority boarding where some people bring (in my eyes) a few too many friends and family??

So, couldn't the BVE end up like priority boarding where some people bring (in my eyes) a few too many friends and family??

Don't see how that could be a problem - it would take them OUT of the line and OUT of the waiting room and/or the Priority lounge. Think about it...

Archived