Bon Voyage Package

LarryF

I am not sure this will work because of increased security. I have been thinking about bringing a friend onboard for the BVE, but my travel agent informs me that I would have to have this information at least 1 week in advance (same information you needed to supply to your cruise line).

Good luck and hope it works for you.

Renee

FYI, you don't have to know anyone sailing to book the BVE. You can book and board.

Hi Pam,

First, I want to thank you for all of your posts and very enlightening information. I always look forward to your contributions.

I am looking for clarification. Is the above statement for a non cruiser (example: I want to see X ship, so book a Bon Voyage Experience for myself?)

Or is it for early boarding without actually taking anyone on with me?

Or both?

Thanks, Renee (displaced local girl)

Renee, anyone can book a BVE as long as there's room. They put a limit on the number of BVEs booked so it doesn't matter whether you're doing it to wish someone a "Bon voyage," want to check out a ship you haven't been on before, are a new cruiser to Princess and want to go onboard, or just plain want to go to lunch in the International Cafe. :)

If you're cruising and want to board earlier, I don't see why you couldn't book the BVE for $39 but that's worth checking with Princess. I don't know if someone can book a BVE just to get a jump on the line.

As a side note the BVE can be canceled at any time including the day of the BVE. One example would be if the ship came in with NORO on the last cruise. We did have a phone call from Princess on the day of the BVE saying that they canceled it. It turned out later it was the wrong ship. Some never got the second call stating it was back on and did not show up. Princess did refund the money.

• 2 months later...

You call Princess and ask to be put through to the Bon Voyage desk. Need to have full name, address, phone and Date of Birth of guest and be ready to pay with your Credit Card. They create a file and the vistor has to enter passport number etc.

We're booked in March but a preview would be lots of fun!

I may book a BVE in Galveston for the Crown, drive down from Alief and get a one-day parking spot from one of the nearby lots or hotels.

I don't have a booked passenger "Friend" coordinated at this point but why waste the perk that could get someone onboard extra early...

I may just come in thru the door, find some nice family standing in the longest Regular line who's wearing their "CC Mardi Gras Beads," and say, "Come on, let's board this ship." :D

I'll be wearing an orange Moxie shirt (see my avatar)!

Rick

How will visitors coordinate with their friends who are sailing?

Visitors participating in the Bon Voyage Experience will have priority embarkation – a benefit which is extended to their sailing friends. This will ensure they will be able to enjoy the day’s festivities together.

The issue with this is that the BVE guests are on a list and those that are sailing and tied to them (If there is anyone) is also on a list. Those are the parties that get to board early.

We took our daughter and her husband on our last Crown sailing. Our friends from Canada were sailing with us. I had asked if they would be to go on board with us early. What they did was put my daughter tied to our sailing and my son-in-law tied to our friends sailing so they could board with us as well and have lunch together. Without that, they wouldn't have been able to come along.

Renee, anyone can book a BVE as long as there's room. They put a limit on the number of BVEs booked so it doesn't matter whether you're doing it to wish someone a "Bon voyage," want to check out a ship you haven't been on before, are a new cruiser to Princess and want to go onboard, or just plain want to go to lunch in the International Cafe. :)

If you're cruising and want to board earlier, I don't see why you couldn't book the BVE for $39 but that's worth checking with Princess. I don't know if someone can book a BVE just to get a jump on the line.

If you are sailing, you have to be tied to someone actually doing the BVE to board early with them. You are not able to book the BVE alone as someone who is sailing.

At least that is the email that I received from corporate last time I sailed with Princess. Who knows if they have changed the program.

Three of my friends did the BVE for my Sapphire Princess Hawaii cruise in November. We all came in together and I went with them to the desk for the BVE people. We all went to the BVE waiting area together and I boarded with them. The ship arrived late due to fog and we didn't get to board until just after noon. We went directly to the MDR and had a really nice lunch. We didn't do that tour because we'd all been on the Sapphire before, but we looked around the ship and had a really nice time.

Thanks Pam,

One last question. How many people are allowed to board early with the BVE person?

Let's say my neice is doing the BVE. We are allowed to board with her since we invited her and just wondering if my MIL and FIL would also be able to. thanks.

We had eight cruisers, and five BVE people (my kids & BIL). We were all allowed to board as a group:D This was on our Mar 9th sailing to Hawaii.

I would like to take my sister in law with me for the BVE. She has ID but not a passport. Since she will not be sailing, will her ID (drivers license & birth certificate) be sufficient?

Yes, it is. Princess will instruct you how to enter the driver's license number.

Archived