Warning

jakeT

I tried to book the Octoner 20, 2013 cruise on the Breakaway on January 28, 2013. On their get $300 OBC, if you book more then nine months before sailing date. NCL is telling me this in not nine months before sailing. NCL counts days. If you were going to count days then say that in your add. Say you have to book 279 days before sailing, not nine months

I tried to book the Octoner 20, 2013 cruise on the Breakaway on January 28, 2013. On their get $300 OBC, if you book more then nine months before sailing date. NCL is telling me this in not nine months before sailing. NCL counts days. If you were going to count days then say that in your add. Say you have to book 279 days before sailing, not nine months

It is less than nine months to October 20 so you don't get the OBC, very clear and not strange at all.

279 days is not the same as nine months so they have no reason to say that.

January 28 + 9 months = October 28. You tried to book the Oct 20 sailing, which clearly occurs before the Oct 28 cut-off. I don't understand the complaint. It has nothing to do with counting days. The booking had to be made at least 9 months before sailing, which means you should have booked before Oct 20. You don't have a leg to stand on.

January 28 + 9 months = October 28. You tried to book the Oct 20 sailing, which clearly occurs before the Oct 28 cut-off. I don't understand the complaint. It has nothing to do with counting days. The booking had to be made at least 9 months before sailing, which means you should have booked before Oct 20. You don't have a leg to stand on.

I think johnql's explaination is what the NCL CSR meant by counting days- they don't just go month to month but from the date of booking to the date of sailing. Makes perfect sense to me.

I think johnql's explaination is what the NCL CSR meant by counting days- they don't just go month to month but from the date of booking to the date of sailing. Makes perfect sense to me.

Agreed. They would have had to book on 20 Jan or before to be 9 months before the 20 Oct sailing. No warning needed.

When I booked my Bahamas cruise, I was told by both my PCC and her manager that I would get the extra points for booking nine months out. Told her I didn't see how, but was assured that I would get them because they counted on a 30 day month. So I booked the cruise and took the cruise. Sure enough, when I got home and the points posted, I only received 8 points instead of the 12 that I was told I would get.

I would have booked a later cruise, but was repeatedly assured that I didn't have to.

When I booked my Bahamas cruise, I was told by both my PCC and her manager that I would get the extra points for booking nine months out. Told her I didn't see how, but was assured that I would get them because they counted on a 30 day month. So I booked the cruise and took the cruise. Sure enough, when I got home and the points posted, I only received 8 points instead of the 12 that I was told I would get.

I would have booked a later cruise, but was repeatedly assured that I didn't have to.

I would have complained about that. If their own PCC and managers gave you misinformation, that needs to be fixed at the corporate level. But then again, I'm leery of salespeople, so I probably wouldn't have taken their word for it anyway...or would have asked for it in writing.

DML

Pretty misleading title. Oops I goofed! Now that would have gotten my attention and been more accurate.

I agree, it looks like you tried a week too late. Is it possible to bump the cruise back a few weeks so that you can take advantage of the OBC?

It sucks but the points are probably added automatically based on what is in the database and if they are input by a person that person is not the same one that you spoke to on the phone.

I would have complained about that. If their own PCC and managers gave you misinformation, that needs to be fixed at the corporate level. But then again, I'm leery of salespeople, so I probably wouldn't have taken their word for it anyway...or would have asked for it in writing.

DML

I've written NCL, but we all know how NCL is about responding to emails in a timely manner. Debated calling my PCC about it today.

I know once I'm platinum it won't matter, but that could easily be the difference one day of being gold versus silver or platinum versus gold.

I agree, it looks like you tried a week too late. Is it possible to bump the cruise back a few weeks so that you can take advantage of the OBC?

Just FYI, the person you quoted (Karysa) is not the OP. Karysa was just saying that the OP should have used a different subject title for the thread admitting the mistake.

Just FYI, the person you quoted (Karysa) is not the OP. Karysa was just saying that the OP should have used a different subject title for the thread admitting the mistake.

I am quite aware of of that and was agreeing with Karysa's statement which is why I quoted that one.

I am quite aware of of that and was agreeing with Karysa's statement which is why I quoted that one.

OK. No problem. Your reply didn't make that clear. It sounded like you were suggesting that Karysa try to rebook. No big deal - just a misunderstanding.

I agree with what others have said here. You booked less than nine months before sailing. I'd suggest either trying to talk to NCL or your travel agent, depending how you booked your cruise and seeing if they will make an exception. Otherwise make your booking past the nine months to get the deal if its in your schedule to do so.

I guest I counted wrong. To me Jan to Oct is more then nine months.

My mistake. I can book a week later and get the OBC.

Are you counting January as the first month? If you do that, then it would be ten months but that is not correct. From January to February is month 1, March is 2, and so on. From January to October is exactly nine months.

Glad you are able to move your date a bit and get the OBC.

Archived