Butchart gardens

suec12

I guess it is not unusual for ships to have afternoon / late visits to Victoria. I understand the gardens are "a ways" from where the ship docks. Will there be taxis there to take us to the gardens and more importantly, to get back to the ship!? thanks!

Butchart is about 45 minutes from Victoria. Taxis are on option but pricey. If your ship arrives on time at 6pm, you could easily be there by 7pm to enjoy a couple of hours. It is light until about 9:30 in mid June, and there is lighting at the gardens.

From what I've read the ship is often late. In which case you would probably feel more comfortable with the ships excursion. IMHO you need a minimum of 2 hrs to enjoy the gardens.

This link is from the Victoria forum of Tripadvisor on the various transportation options:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Travel-g154945-c95204/Victoria:Vancouver-Island:How.To.Get.To.Butchart.Gardens.html

If Butchart is a priority, another option to consider .... disembark in Victoria, check into a hotel, spend the following day at the Gardens and catch a late afternoon Clipper ferry back to Seattle.

Yes.. it is a looong ways. There are plus with the big ship bus as they ship will wait. Of course our bus was the very very last, because the bus also waited for a bunch of bozo tourists who just didn't want to follow the schedule.

We saw limos and taxis right at the exit that wisked the smart private bookers away and they were ahead of every single cruise bus, so is private really more risk, not if you plan and stay ahead of the bus passengers which surely will have some slow people who can't keep time

Picture of my son as the very very last passenger on the plank, yes they waited for us and we waited 30'+ for some stupid late tourists.

2137528047_984LasttourbustotheboatinVictoria.jpg.7de42bd6e03d24b01e191a5ca2b20dd1.jpg

1735520455_986Chrisislastupthegangplank.jpg.517c70b900f17af8ead73f8160df5647.jpg

91289240_988ClosingupafterChris.jpg.5d02823a0951d6326ce71b4a794f1893.jpg

Archived