Itineraries for 2014

trentp3

I was looking at Norwegian Pearl with stops to Bahamas, Jamaica, Cayman Islands, and Cozumel departing from Miami, but it looks like there isnt any after January of 2014. I also saw Carnival Breeze with stops to Ocho Rios, Grand Turks, and Bahamas departing from Miami, but it doesnt show any dates after April of 2014.

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

There are very ships sailing in the Caribbean from April through October.

Most go to Alaska and Europe. A handful do Canada/New England.

RCI sailes the Oasis and the Allure of the Seas out of Ft Lauderdale if you don't mind sailing from there and do have western Caribbean cruises.

I was looking at Norwegian Pearl with stops to Bahamas, Jamaica, Cayman Islands, and Cozumel departing from Miami, but it looks like there isnt any after January of 2014. I also saw Carnival Breeze with stops to Ocho Rios, Grand Turks, and Bahamas departing from Miami, but it doesnt show any dates after April of 2014.

I believe the Pearl goes to Europe. As KK mentioned, probably your best bet is Allure and Oasis of the Seas out of FLL, as they pretty much are stuck in Florida, due to their size,

I really appreciate both of your help. I am sort of restricted to trying a cruise in the summer since my girlfriend is a school teacher. Ocho Rios was one of the stops I really wanted to do, and I saw a couple of cruises that stopped through there in the summer of this year, but none for next year yet. Maybe I will have some luck!

I believe the Pearl goes to Europe. As KK mentioned, probably your best bet is Allure and Oasis of the Seas out of FLL, as they pretty much are stuck in Florida, due to their size,

Yes, usually the only ships in the Caribbean at that time are Carnival, some RCI ships and NCL Getaway, which sails year round from Miami. Look at those ships. NCL has lots of cruises listed for your dates already, though not for your exact itinerary.

The Pearl does Alaska itineraries in the summer.

Also, this may be a stupid question, but if I did a Miami cruise, would I need to get my passport, since I would be leaving and returning to a U.S. dock?

It's preferable to have a passport, because if you would need one to fly home from another country mid cruise in the event of an emergency, but if you're a US citizens it's not required for a "closed loop" cruise (a cruise that begins and ends at the same US port).

For a closed loop cruise a native-born US citizen can cruise with the combination of an official government agency issued birth certificate (a hospital issued certificate is not acceptable) and an official government-issued photo ID such as a drivers license. If you are a naturalized US citizen you need your certificate of naturalization rather than a birth certificate, plus the photo ID.

JMO

I truely believe passports are must.

What if something happens to you on the cruise and you have to be flown home? You need a passport to fly.

What is something happens at home and you have to get back there via flying? You need a passport to fly.

My advice -- get one.

What would happen is that you would go to the nearest US embassy or consulate and get a passport. Inconvenient and possibly expensive, but not something that can't be done.

A passport is preferable, but not a "must" under the law for a closed loop cruise.

Archived