AmaWaterways will offer complimentary beverages at lunch

MJL

Good news for AmaWaterways cruisers who like a refreshing beverage with lunch. Complimentary beer, wine and soft drinks will be offered. Our Fall Ama cruise is looking better all the time.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/cruiselog/2013/02/01/amawaterways-europe-cruise-inclusive/1870829/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TP-TheCruiseLog+(Travel+-+The+Cruise+Log)

Mike

Edited by MJL

Not sure how this is new. We had complementary wine at lunch last year on AMA. Don't know about beer as I don't drink it. Also plenty of drinks offered throughout the cruise--many complementary champagne toasts.

We did not have complimentary wine at lunch on AMA in November nor the year before. It is new indeed.

Not sure how this is new. We had complementary wine at lunch last year on AMA. Don't know about beer as I don't drink it. Also plenty of drinks offered throughout the cruise--many complementary champagne toasts.

Althoiugh you may have been given wine onboard at lunch during your cruise, it is not a published amenity. Here's what AMA's website says:

"In Europe, AmaWaterways includes a wide selection of complimentary amenities …. All of your meals are included on board and complimentary wine, beer and sodas are flowing freely at dinner."

Viking recently announced their new "all-inclusive" program, which includes beer and wine at lunch. I believe that AMA is doing the same as a wise marketing tool.

Althoiugh you may have been given wine onboard at lunch during your cruise, it is not a published amenity. Here's what AMA's website says:

"In Europe, AmaWaterways includes a wide selection of complimentary amenities …. All of your meals are included on board and complimentary wine, beer and sodas are flowing freely at dinner."

Viking recently announced their new "all-inclusive" program, which includes beer and wine at lunch. I believe that AMA is doing the same as a wise marketing tool.

They may not have updated the main pages on their site, but I found this on a "What's New" Press Release

"New Amenities: Starting in 2013, AmaWaterways offers complimentary wine, beer and soft drinks with dinner and lunch on its European fleet (except for the AmaVida and AmaKatarina)."

http://www.amawaterways.com/news/newsitem.aspx?id=34

Mark

...and their site has now been updated

"Every lunch and dinner on board includes free-flowing regional wines as well as complimentary beer and soft drinks. In Europe, complimentary sparkling wine is also served with breakfast."

Someone at AMA s busy - that is new today :D

...and their site has now been updated

"Every lunch and dinner on board includes free-flowing regional wines as well as complimentary beer and soft drinks. In Europe, complimentary sparkling wine is also served with breakfast."

Now, if they would throw in a few pre-dinner and post-dinner beverages, we would be set. Not that I'm complaining, of course.

Mike

• 11 months later...

I am doing Amsterdam to Budapest on the AmaReina, AMAs new ship for 2014. This is under the APT banner which sells mostly to Australians and New Zealanders. This tour is fully exclusive. All drinks including spirits all day. All excursions including ones that are usually optionals e.g. Salzburg, Vienna concert, Rothenberg etc, all tipping included. I booked in June 2013 and there was only two cabins left for this sailing date 17th August 2014.

I am doing Amsterdam to Budapest on the AmaReina, AMAs new ship for 2014. This is under the APT banner which sells mostly to Australians and New Zealanders. This tour is fully exclusive. All drinks including spirits all day. All excursions including ones that are usually optionals e.g. Salzburg, Vienna concert, Rothenberg etc, all tipping included. I booked in June 2013 and there was only two cabins left for this sailing date 17th August 2014.

I am also an Aussie, we are booked on APT (AMA) Grand European River Cruise from Monte Carlo to Prague in June 2014. This is also very much "all inclusive". As with your cruise all gratuities, excursions & alcoholic beverages, including champagne at breakfast. This cruise was described in the brochure as a "Platinum Experience". We also received "free" airfares, so paid the extra to upgrade to business class.

This will be our first river cruise experience so getting very excited :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Now, if they would throw in a few pre-dinner and post-dinner beverages, we would be set. Not that I'm complaining, of course.

Mike

Scenic Cruises have all beverages included, not just wine and beer and not just at meal times. Anything you could possible want all day/night long.

I'm not certain if the original post is relevant in 2014 as a number of companies have an all-inclusive drinks policy like Scenic and Tauck. I'd be surprised if even the more budget conscious companies didn't introduce an all-inclusive drinks policy very soon.