Courtesy Hold Questions

yogimax

Looking at a cruise a month and a half away, which is within the final payment period.

I have never used a "courtesy hold" before so have a couple of questions.

1. I know the hold is good for 24 hours... is that for both the cabin and price or is the price excluded?

2. I know that you cannot receive OBC for a price drop more than 48 hours after a final payment is made, so can you simply do a courtesy hold, let it expire, while making a new courtesy hold the next day, and so on?

Thanks!

Looking at a cruise a month and a half away, which is within the final payment period.

I have never used a "courtesy hold" before so have a couple of questions.

1. I know the hold is good for 24 hours... is that for both the cabin and price or is the price excluded?

2. I know that you cannot receive OBC for a price drop more than 48 hours after a final payment is made, so can you simply do a courtesy hold, let it expire, while making a new courtesy hold the next day, and so on?

Thanks!

The courtesy hold freezes the price too. Don't know how many holds they will allow in a row.

I’ve used three holds in a row for a last minute cruise that was within final payment date.

Each hold was for the same cruise date. First hold was made on a Sunday, second on a Monday, and third was on a Tuesday as I really need to wait till that Tuesday to get a few scheduling conflicts worked out. The first hold expired. I actually could have booked the 2nd or 3rd hold on Tuesday. Luckily I booked the 3rd hold. The next day the price dropped and I was able to use the 48 hour price guarantee. (Had I used the 2nd hold, it would have been too long to get the price adjustment.

As noted, the hold froze the cabin and price

Not sure if there is any limit – but three in a row seemed to be OK for RCCL and for my needs.

Good luck

M

Archived