Labadee clamshells ?

purescottish

Can anyone tell me if you have to book on the ship for one of these blue clamshell shades in Labadee or is it a case of first come first served kind of thing......

being of the blue skinned variety I need a wee bit shade on beach days and one of these would be ideal

thanks in advance

wendy

x

You can go to the Excursions Desk and reserve the Clamshells for a fee. By paying for this fee, you get a more "private" side of the island, as well as, 2 bottles of water, a bar near by, a personal waiter, and fresh fruit plate.

I found it was well worth paying the money for my own private area of the beach.

Lady_G

You can go to the Excursions Desk and reserve the Clamshells for a fee. By paying for this fee, you get a more "private" side of the island, as well as, 2 bottles of water, a bar near by, a personal waiter, and fresh fruit plate.

I found it was well worth paying the money for my own private area of the beach.

I think you are confusing Labadee for Coco Cay. You are describing Barefoot Beach at Coco Cay. There is no charge for clamshells at Labadee.

I think you are confusing Labadee for Coco Cay. You are describing Barefoot Beach at Coco Cay. There is no charge for clamshells at Labadee.

You know what, you're right! I am so sorry. I totally glazed over the Labadee part. I will have a clamshell in a few weeks on Coco Cay and that's all I can think about....

I'm sorry.

Lady_G

so labadee has clamshells for free, whereas we paid 225.00 for cabana in labadee, should we cancel for the free clamshells?

The clam shell is just a little blue tent thing that you put a couple of chairs under. You don't get any of the stuff that comes with the $225 cabana -- no shower, no private space, no waiter, etc.

are you sure you get a shower with the cabana?? where ??:eek:

I believe the poster was speaking of all the amenities available at Barefoot Beach....not just the cabanas...

Yes there are showers, hammocks, a bar, floats, towels, snorkel gear, dining area for (upgraded) lunch...

all at no extra charge, and it is private area and NOT crowded....

Cabanas are an extra charge, nice but not needed.....lounge chairs under a tree works for us....

We have a GS booked for our next cruise....considered downgrading to a JS, but because of Labadee I think we will keep GS... any other itinerary and I would downgrade....

Archived