Questions and Comments about Paradise Beach!

dreamydancer617

I'll be in Cosumel on September 4th . . . just want to be sure I have this right . . . because I'm cruising solo . . . it will cost me about $30 round trip to take a taxi to PB and around $15 to $20 for food and drink . . . is that right? If so . . . is it worth the $50 to go to PB when all I really plan to do is lie on the beach and maybe take a dip in the water? Are there beaches closer to the Port that are nice?

Ladycaveat - another beach you may want to consider is Uvas, that is a little closer to the piers, so should cost less in a taxi, but I think you have to pay an entrance fee and the food/drink is probably more expensive too, so personally I'd stick with Paradise Beach as I think overall it'll work out cheaper. I'm sure others from your ship will be going to Paradise Beach too, so you might be able to share a taxi if you ask around...

CaptChris - I agree with sjuwill, there has been some sand erosion, but I doubt if you'll even notice it. The PB team did a fantastic job of putting the sand back (a lot got washed into the grassy areas behind the beach) and planted lots of new palm trees too.

Regarding food/drink prices you may want to check the Paradise Beach Cozumel menu on their website - just click on that link!

Have a great day at the beach, wherever you end up!

Ian

Ladycaveat - another beach you may want to consider is Uvas, that is a little closer to the piers, so should cost less in a taxi, but I think you have to pay an entrance fee and the food/drink is probably more expensive too, so personally I'd stick with Paradise Beach as I think overall it'll work out cheaper. I'm sure others from your ship will be going to Paradise Beach too, so you might be able to share a taxi if you ask around...

CaptChris - I agree with sjuwill, there has been some sand erosion, but I doubt if you'll even notice it. The PB team did a fantastic job of putting the sand back (a lot got washed into the grassy areas behind the beach) and planted lots of new palm trees too.

Regarding food/drink prices you may want to check the Paradise Beach Cozumel menu on their website - just click on that link!

Have a great day at the beach, wherever you end up!

Ian

Thanks bunches Ian!!!!! Think I'll take a big sign when I get off the ship in Cosumel . . . "Anyone want to take a cab to Paridise Beach with me?" :D

We were at PB in April. Prior to going to Cozumel I really researched best beach to go to. My family was totally happy with PB. We cruised on Carnival, caught a tender and once off pier saw was an arrow pointing left to taxi area. We walked down a small area left and turned corner right. The taxis appear to have set fare rates --I am sure they can "fill the van" as many will be heading that way. It is about a 15 min cab ride. I did not see many other places along the way that looked as good as PB. We arrived at around 9:30-10am at the beach. We were about the 3rd people there. We were promptly greeted, our designated waiter for the day introduced himself, and set us up right in first row of chairs with small table and umbrella. I enjoyed being near the water edge. Only downside--our chair and table were also leaning towards the water. Second row appears a bit flatter. After setting up, we also purchased wrist bands for $8 if I recall. My son and husband wanted to do the iceburg, I bought one just in case, and ended up wading out in water up to my chest to lie on round float mats that are anchored down. It was great lying on it, knowing I didn'thave to worry about monitoring my postion. Worst part, I had to wade back out and get wet again to return to my chair. If I were alone, there is no fee for the chair and umbrella/table. I would get one of those and spend the $10 towards food. The staff did not bother us, but remained attentative. We just looked up and he was right there taking the food and drink order. The double chicken club Quesadila was awesome. IF you look around, there are small short "sand chairs" now those were nice to sit in with feet in the waves. I could easily alone come to the beach, absorb a book, scenery and I would bring my ipod perhaps. They do also have some nice music playing, massages for $20 etc. The beach has a few rocks in water from hurricaine, advice and truth to get in water--enter in front of iceburg- none there. The day we were there the water was clear enough to see my feet all the way to the floating mat, and sandy. Although I did wear water shoes to be safe. I also needed shoes to reach bathroom area. They also have nice bathroom facilities, (but pavement gets hot walking to it) freshwater shower near them to rinse sand, and we saw many taxis waiting there to take people back.

I personally did not get to meet Tom.

Are then any vans as taxis? We have 15 in our group and the minute we get off the tender we are heading for PB!!! :D Just wondering if we will need 4 cabs or it we can do 2 vans and a taxi.

Truly we are most looking forward to this day.... (we were so disappointed last year when Emily detoured our cruise!)

We are bringing lots of cash and a CC for bracelets, food, and beverages. :cool:

Our ship leaves at 6 so if we plan to leave around 4ish, is that plenty of time?

we had a group of 17 and we got 2 vans at 5 per person..the vans stayed with us at pb until we were ready to return..make sure you say hi to tom...also ask for freddy, hes the best waiter on the beach

Just back from the May 20th DCL and a stop at paradise beach on Wed 24th. It was a slow tendering process due to waves but got ashore around 10am. Found the taxis with ease and got a van as there were 7 of us. Prices are posted there - get a taxi with the red stripes, our friends did not and paid $5 more to get to Paradise beach. There were many, many taxis waiting to take us back. If I recall the cost was $26 for the van each way. Got to Paradise beach around 10:20 and chose 2nd row seats in front of the iceberg as we knew that's where the kids would play. Fredy was our waiter and was excellent (my hubby's name is Fred so they got on famously!!) They are attentive without being pushy. We had figured to be there until 1-1:30 but I think we finally left around 3pm! A great day was had by all. The beach was great, didn't encounter any rocks in the water, service was excellent and facilities were clean. We thought the food/drink prices were reasonable and the lunch we had was excellent. The portions were large. My kids thought they had the best chicken fingers ever! I had to order more!! Hubby and big kids (11 & 9) got the bracelets, the 2 little kids were free (4 and under I think). My daughter 11 got her hair braided. We were really happy with our choice for the day, thanks to CC for helping us decide. If we find our way to Cozumel again we will definately visit Paradise Beach!:cool:

Hi Tom, it was nice to meet you and discuss a little hockey as we were in a bit of withdrawal!! You have a great place there and hope to visit again sometime.

Cari (Fred, 4 kids, and Gramma from BC)

Does anyone know if there is an age limit to ride the jet skis? I've searched but can't seem to find the answer to that one.

Thanks.

My two year old and four year old grandsons went out with their parents...both boys rode with their father. We took life jackets with us for the boys. Hope this helps...

We (me, DD, DS) will be in Cozumel via Conquest in August 18th. It is exactly my DD 10th BDay. I want to do something special for her but what is available at Paradise Beach ??

Any idea ANYONE :o ???

How about getting her hair braided and letting her get one of the henna tatoos?;)

Just back from the Miracle and wanted to say we had a great time here on the 31st. Got there early and got seats on the front row by the water. Our waiter Freddie was wonderful to us all day. Well worth spending the day here!!! It was the best day of our cruise.

Tom...so nice to meet you. Will always treasure the picture we took. Maybe someday we'll get to hear Lunatic Fringe!!!

Robin- Thanks for the suggestion !!! Consider that done. Just wondering if I can order a cake from Tom and surprise her at the beach :rolleyes: .

You are quite welcome...

Another thought came to mind...maybe you can get her a cap or t-shirt before you leave home and give it to her on the morning of her brithday that says something like "Today's My 10th Birthday!"

Have a wonderful cruise!:p

Pack a few small "Happy Birthday" balloons and precut ribbons. Take one to the beach, blow it up and tie it to a fancy froo-froo drink (virgin strawberry dacquiri, pina colada, etc.), on her beach chair... Plant the balloons throughout the day and surprise her: on the outside of your cabin door (bring tape), on her chair at dinner, etc. :D

Just returned from a DCL cruise, and had to post for all of you who are trying to decide on PB... PB is GREAT!!!!! Definitely one of the highlights of our week! All of the good things that have been said on this thread are true... and the negative things... I have NO idea what they're talking about!!!!!

Tom- it was great to meet you! (I was the one whose DD found the water wallet with no ID floating in the ocean- went to give it to you to take care of, only to find it belonged to one of our group.)

Thanks for taking the time to show us the hurricane photos... having survived '04 in Central FL, we had some idea what you faced, but it certainly didn't match the devastation in your area- you've done a superb job at getting back on your feet and keeping those cab drivers hopping!!

I'd give anything for a plate of PB nachos and a 28oz Killer KoolAid right about now! Being back to work STINKS!!!

Just returned from our 6th visit to Paradise Beach. Each time we seem to enjoy it more. The food is great!!! We shared the double chicken club quesadila, and the macaroni and cheese< from the kids menue>. You have to try the mac and cheese. I have to say the main reason we keep returning is everyone treats you so wonderful. Goose and Chicken Little were working the bar and were very busy but always had a few minutes to stop and check on us. My Paradise Punch glass and my husbands Sol beer were always full. Tom, I have to say Goose is a great asset to your business. That guy has the biggest smile. And Chicken Little where did he get those shorts? The pier is really fixed up nice. Tell Goose we will be back on Wed. Aug. 9th. I will bring my swim noodle, so all he needs to do is save us a seat at the bar. some sunshine, and Paradise Punch and Sol. I guess we just really need the seat at the bar!!! Marie and Dave

It is getting close and some posts are getting me worried. :confused:

I am coming in on the Conquest with a group of 15. Some have said it took them until 11:30 to get a tender. Will there be any places left at PB if that is the case???

We were hoping to spend the majority of our time (every little second to be honest!) enjoying the beautiful water, eating and drinking, and just relaxing. :D

This board is great! So much info...thanks to all!

We will be in Cozumel on Aug. 24 aboard the Conquest. We will be traveling with our 2 yr. old...will there be plenty for her to do at PB? Do we need to bring some sort of flotation device for her or is there stuff like that available?

Have to admit we are not huge beach people because we are Norweigian decent and BURN like crazy...however, we adopted our daughter from China and she tans great! Will there be enough shade for us though?

Thanks!

Jeannene

Archived