Questions and Comments about Paradise Beach!

dreamydancer617

Hey Tom,

I am packing tonight and leave tomorrow for Galveston to board Ecstasy. First cruise in 19 years. My wife and I and two kids, 9 & 6, and 10 friends are celebrating our 25th high school reunion and many years of friendship and will be at Paradise Beach a week from today (6/26). We can't wait! The kids are excited about all the things you have for them to do there. I noticed from the weather maps that it looked like you have been having some thunderstorms pretty regularly. Do they last very long? Should we have a back up plan? Can't wait to get there and look forward to meeting you.

Hey Tom,

I've been reading the threads on this board since we will be on the Freedom next month. We were looking for a beach to go to and my brother who just got off the Freedom went to Mr. Sanchos and from his video it looked like the water was rather dirty looking and there was hardly any beach.

I've heard that your beach didn't lose as much sand from Wilma, is that correct?

How would you say the water is most of the time? We tend to like to swim in clear water (doesn't everyone!).

Also, is there any parasailing available or jet skis?

Thanks!

Sam

We were the family of 4 from Stamford, CT who saw you for a few minutes at the beach last week--we were celebrating our 25th Anniv and were traveling on Freedom! Thanks for the gift of water btw--:)

We loved the beach and will definitely come back next time we are in Coz which we hope will be soon.

Your Staff was wonderful, food was really good and we had a great time!

Regards

Rebecca

Hey Tom,

I am packing tonight and leave tomorrow for Galveston to board Ecstasy. First cruise in 19 years. My wife and I and two kids, 9 & 6, and 10 friends are celebrating our 25th high school reunion and many years of friendship and will be at Paradise Beach a week from today (6/26). We can't wait! The kids are excited about all the things you have for them to do there. I noticed from the weather maps that it looked like you have been having some thunderstorms pretty regularly. Do they last very long? Should we have a back up plan? Can't wait to get there and look forward to meeting you.

Great name! We've had some rain lately, but it doesn't last long. We've actually seen more thunderstorms in the distance than we've "felt", and if one does visit it doesn't hang around long enough to ruin your beach day.

Hasta la vista!

Hey Tom,

I've been reading the threads on this board since we will be on the Freedom next month. We were looking for a beach to go to and my brother who just got off the Freedom went to Mr. Sanchos and from his video it looked like the water was rather dirty looking and there was hardly any beach.

I've heard that your beach didn't lose as much sand from Wilma, is that correct?

How would you say the water is most of the time? We tend to like to swim in clear water (doesn't everyone!).

Also, is there any parasailing available or jet skis?

Thanks!

Sam

Our beach did not lose a lot of sand. Our water is usually clear except if the wind is blowing hard out of the north to south-east. Thankfully, we usually get Tradewinds that come out of the east!:D

We have parasailing and wave runner rentals available...hasta la vista!

We were the family of 4 from Stamford, CT who saw you for a few minutes at the beach last week--we were celebrating our 25th Anniv and were traveling on Freedom! Thanks for the gift of water btw--:)

We loved the beach and will definitely come back next time we are in Coz which we hope will be soon.

Your Staff was wonderful, food was really good and we had a great time!

Regards

Rebecca

Thanx for that nice review! It was nice chatting with you and I'm glad you enjoyed the traditional 25th anniversary gift of H2O:p So much more practical than silver!:D

Greetings Paradise Beach Go-ers,

We've been to P.B. a few years back, but I hear that they now offer parasailing. Can anyone give me information about this? What does it cost and if reservations are required. Thanks so much for your help.

Happy Sailing....Hi-C

Hi Tom - My family and I are coming to Cozumel on the Mariner of the Seas w/c 16th July from cold and rainy England. Can you just get a taxi from where the ship docks/tenders to your beach? How do you pay the driver - ie do they take US dollars. How much should it cost? Do you charge for the use of Paradise Beach. Are there facilities there - ie food? Anything for 5 year old. Many thanks in advance. Hope to meet you soon

Hey Tom,

Just wanted to say thanks for another FANTASTIC day at Paradise Beach! We spent the day on your beach last Friday, and enjoyed every minute of it! We asked and asked about you.....were you off that day? Your wonderful waiters took real good care of us, and kept telling us you'd be there soon! We left about 2 to do some shopping.

Your beach was truly BETTER THAN EVER! We saw much damage from the hurricane around the island but NOT at your beach! You've done a great job. And, once again, the guacamole and marguaritas were super!

We will try again to meet.....hopefully next summer! Take care, and thanks again!

Dave and Debbie from Illinois:)

Hi Tom - My family and I are coming to Cozumel on the Mariner of the Seas w/c 16th July from cold and rainy England. Can you just get a taxi from where the ship docks/tenders to your beach? How do you pay the driver - ie do they take US dollars. How much should it cost? Do you charge for the use of Paradise Beach. Are there facilities there - ie food? Anything for 5 year old. Many thanks in advance. Hope to meet you soon

My wife and I went last year and we took a taxi from the pier. It was $14 each way and they do take American currency.

We have decided to spend the day at a beach club while in cozumel. Only problem is, which one?

The likes of playa mia, mr.sanchos, san fran, paradise beach ect..... all seem to be similar.

What is your choice? and why?

Ive heard that mr.sanchos has an atv park, does anyone know what this is like, and if any other beaches have this?

What so different about all of them? and what do they offer?

Cheers,

Flippa - from down under

Last time we were at PB we saw the Fury Catamaran tied up at the dock. Just wondering what time the excursion starts from PB and how long it lasts? Cost? etc... We will be on the Carnival Ecstasy in September and in port from I believe 8a-4p. we would like to do the tour from PB if possible instead of the ship, but not sure we will have enough time. thanks for any information

Hi Oldmedic

The Paradise Beach Cozumel snorkel tour (catamaran) departs from the beach at 12.30pm (Mon-Sat). It costs US $35 plus 20 pesos Marine Park fee.

You should have plenty of time to make it back to the ship and will save money if you book directly. You can always check with Paradise Beach to be sure, their email is contact@paradise-beach-cozumel.net

Fury Cozumel Catamarans also run a new tour in the afternoons that picks up from Paradise Beach, although this is more designed for tourists staying in hotels. It departs from Paradise Beach at 3pm (Tue, Thur, Sat).

You can see a review of the Paradise Beach tour on this Cozumel information site (scroll down to the bottom, select Jan/Feb archive, then see 'Snorkel Tour Review' under 20 Feb 06).

Hope that helps a little

Ian

My personal favourite is Paradise Beach too, but they all have their individual charms.

Mr Sanchos is the only beach with ATVs I think, but I have no first hand experience of how they operate. I have seen two riders on one ATV at the same time though, which makes me wonder about how safe they are (any regular rider will know that this is dangerous unless the ATV is designed specifically for 2 people).

Maybe someone who has been on the ATVs can give us better feedback..?

On this website you can also find a Cozumel beaches review with photos and more information that may help you to decide. Scroll down to March 06 - most the information should still be up-to-date...

Ian

We had been to Mr. Sanchos twice before Wilma & had a great time. However, from what I've read, Mr. Sanchos lost most of their beach with Wilma. So in Dec. 2005 we decided to go to Paradise Beach. They did not lose their beach in the storm & had rebuilt completely. It was a wonderful day. Plenty of chairs, great drinks, food and service. The beach was wonderful with rentals available if you want to do other things. Can't go wrong going there. We are going to Cozumel in Dec. 2006 & Feb. 2007 & plan to go to Paradise on both trips. No entrance fee & paid $12 cab fare each way.

Hi Oldmedic

The Paradise Beach Cozumel snorkel tour (catamaran) departs from the beach at 12.30pm (Mon-Sat). It costs US $35 plus 20 pesos Marine Park fee.

You should have plenty of time to make it back to the ship and will save money if you book directly. You can always check with Paradise Beach to be sure, their email is contact@paradise-beach-cozumel.net

Fury Cozumel Catamarans also run a new tour in the afternoons that picks up from Paradise Beach, although this is more designed for tourists staying in hotels. It departs from Paradise Beach at 3pm (Tue, Thur, Sat).

You can see a review of the Paradise Beach tour on this Cozumel information site (scroll down to the bottom, select Jan/Feb archive, then see 'Snorkel Tour Review' under 20 Feb 06).

Hope that helps a little

Ian

Hi Wilmas,

just wondering how long the snorkel tour at paradise beach goes for?

Cheers,

Flippa.

Just noticed that there will be 6 to 8 ships there when we visit--do you think Paradise Beach will be too crowded? Would like to get their early, then have lunch & then head back to the ship----can't do too much sun!~

Greetings Paradise Beach Go-ers,

We've been to P.B. a few years back, but I hear that they now offer parasailing. Can anyone give me information about this? What does it cost and if reservations are required. Thanks so much for your help.

Happy Sailing....Hi-C

They charge $55USD per person. Reservations are not taken, but they will put you on a list if there is a wait. Just check with the wave runner rental guys when you get in. Have fun!:)

Looks like "britishisles" answered your questions...I'll see you soon!

Oh, and thanks "britishisles"!

Hey Tom,

Just wanted to say thanks for another FANTASTIC day at Paradise Beach! We spent the day on your beach last Friday, and enjoyed every minute of it! We asked and asked about you.....were you off that day? Your wonderful waiters took real good care of us, and kept telling us you'd be there soon! We left about 2 to do some shopping.

Your beach was truly BETTER THAN EVER! We saw much damage from the hurricane around the island but NOT at your beach! You've done a great job. And, once again, the guacamole and marguaritas were super!

We will try again to meet.....hopefully next summer! Take care, and thanks again!

Dave and Debbie from Illinois:)

I usually get there at about noon, noon-thirty but I had a meeting that day, and got there around 3 pm... Sorry I missed you:( Glad to hear y'all had a great time and hopefully we'll get to meet next summer!

Archived