Questions and Comments about Paradise Beach!

dreamydancer617

IBookHePays...They charge $55USD per half hour. There is now a concession on our beach so you don't have to walk next door!

talar63...riders get charged $10USD. Though if it's slow they might let you on for free...

NYCRUISR...I'll be on the lookout...what date will you be in town?

oldmedic...what date in Dec?

dyin2cruz...thanx for the nice review!

Kim&Chris...Glad you had a good time here, sorry I missed youse!

sjuwill...Awesome review...thanx for taking the time to post! Hasta Mayo!

ladycaveat...from the 2 southern piers it'll be $12USD. From downtown, $13USD. What a lot of couples and singles do is find people in line to share a cab with...a cheaper option! OOPS! Just saw that advice given by Wilma's con. further on...ty Ian!

This board is great! So much info...thanks to all!

We will be in Cozumel on Aug. 24 aboard the Conquest. We will be traveling with our 2 yr. old...will there be plenty for her to do at PB? Do we need to bring some sort of flotation device for her or is there stuff like that available?

Have to admit we are not huge beach people because we are Norweigian decent and BURN like crazy...however, we adopted our daughter from China and she tans great! Will there be enough shade for us though?

Thanks!

Jeannene

Jeannene:

My son and daughter-in-law took life vests for my grandsons ages 2 and 4. They used these at PB and stayed in the water from 10:30 to 2:30! The 2 year old did take a nap and our waiter helped with the umbrella to keep him out of the sun. I think you will find plenty of shade. Enjoy!

My family (group of 8 ) will be on the Facination June 28th. We will not be arriving in Cozumel until 1:00 in the afternoon and then we have to tender. Just concerned about the amount of time we will have on the beach. Worth the trip? My husband and I are the only ones that have ever been to Cozumel. We loved it. However, it was pre-Wilma, so I'm sure things have changed some. We are still excited about returning and chose this cruise specifically for that reason. Now, not coming in till 1:00 has put a little damper on things. All that said, to ask still room at PB at around 2 or 2:30 (depending on tender) and does it stay open till 6:00?

buffetfan...glad you had a great day, hope to meet you on your next trip here! Didja happen to catch any of our Buffet tunes?

crazypom...Freds ROCK...It's my Dad's name too! Nice talking hockey with you that day. What's up with Edmonton? Down 2-0 to Carolina? Jeeeez...

singledad...thanx for the email!

zipper1...It was nice meeting you both day and talking a little Rock n' Roll!

kikipug...you're so gonna hate me...I'm eating nachos right now as I'm typing this:D It was nice chatting with y'all that day, and I hope to see you again...

mariefisher...I just told the boys to put on their exxxxtra-special shorts for your return visit! And to reserve your seats at the bar...hasta la vista!

momof4boys...no worries, it's slow season. Mucho room for everyone:)

cliosmom...was just talking to a bunch of sand-castle building two year olds the other day and they all agreed it was the best beach they've ever been on...really! We don't have flotation devices for kids that young, sorry, but we do have the floaty mats available. Plenty of shade available under the umbrellas, palm trees and bar/dining area...hasta la vista!

dshouse4...well, 1st of all you are coming in slow season so the beach clubs won't be crowded anyway. Plus you are coming at 2-2:30 when the "morning shift" starts to leave to do their shopping downtown.

We serve until at least 5pm depending on how many people are still ordering. The gates stay open till around 7 pm though, so even if the staff goes home, you can hang out till later!

Hi Tom! I was so glad to see your recent post today. I haven't "seen" you around lately! I've been thinking that new little guy of yours is just keeping you too busy!

We were on our very first cruise last June, and our day at Paradise Beach was the highlight of our trip! "Chai" took such good care of us, and the marguaritas and guac were the best ever! We were so sorry, though, that we missed you the day we were there.

Just want you to know.....we're comin back! We'll be there in just a few days (Friday, June 23rd) aboard the Conquest, and hope to meet you this time! We'll be heading over mid-morning and plan to stay most of the day. Be sure to put us in your dayplanner! Is there a time of day that we're more likely to see you!

Take care, hope to see you soon!

Dave and Debbie from Illinois

dshouse4...yup taxis will be around. What happens is that as the crowd thins out to a few groups, the remaining cab drivers will ask if you need a ride. Or you can arrange it with the cabbie that brought you there and arrange a time for him to pick you up!

firstcruiserDB...yup, playtime is cutting into my posting time! Glad to hear you enjoyed your day with us enough last time to come back this time. I get in around noon and I'll see you on my "rounds"! (I'm watching Grey's Anatomy right now :))

Tom- I can't wait to go to Paradise Beach. Everything I've read makes it sound like it will be the best day of our cruise. Here's my question to you, there are 4 of us. I'm wondering if we should get a rental car or just catch a taxi to your beach? My DH wants to rent a car, I know my DD and her friend will want to spend the whole day on your beach though. Decisions, decisions.

If you're just planning on visiting us and then maybe downtown for shopping, might as well take a cab. Cheaper, faster, no paperwork to fill out and no designated driver needed. If DH wants to drive around the island and explore a little, definitely rent a car. There is only one road that goes around the island, you can't get lost!

What date will you be here? I'll put you down in my daytimer!

I was wondering how many ships is too many? We well be in Coz. from the Miracle, getting in at 9:00. Cruisecal shows a total of 5 ships that day with us being the first there. Is this too many for an enjoyable day with you? We will be there on July 5th.

Thanks for the reply and also the update!!! You are right, only 4 ships now, the Fascination is not stopping in Coz on the 5th.

Your beach is all we've planned to do that day (ok, maybe some time @ Carlos n Charlies) so I see no problem in getting there by 10:30. Like I said, our ship is the first in at 9:00.

Looking forward to a wonderful day in Coz!!!

Thanks again

We are thinking of going to Paradise Beach (snorkel and kayak) and then renting a jeep to tour around the island. I would like some opinions. We would like to find ruins to visit also. I also want to shop. Will we have time for all of this? We arrive in Coz on the Inspiration on July 1st. It looks like our ship leaves at 5? Or maybe 7? Can you take the jeep offroad to see "jungle"? Would we be better off renting a jeep and just driving around to find our own place to snorkel?

Thank you for your suggestions and ideas.

Also, does anyone know how to get a free map of the island?

Tom-

Do I need to make reservations to spend the day at your beach?

Hubby, I and our 9 year old daughter are coming to Cozumel on the Miracle Sept 20th... I showed her the pictures of the water toys and she is so excited! So is hubby (hes a 35 year old kid...)

Thanks

Beth from Tampa

We are thinking of going to Paradise Beach (snorkel and kayak) and then renting a jeep to tour around the island. I would like some opinions.
In my opinion, the first thing you should do is get the Cozumel map from http://www.cancunmap.com, especially if you think you'd like to drive around the island.

We would like to find ruins to visit also.
The only ruins of any substance on the island are San Gervasio.

I also want to shop. Will we have time for all of this?
Probably, if you rush, but do you really want to do that? I'd probably skip renting a vehicle and just take a taxi to PB and do the snorkeling trip from there. I wouldn't bother with trying to see the ruins. If going to see ruins is very important to you, the much more impressive ones are on the mainland and you should do a ships tour to see them. There is always time for some trinket shopping at the cruise pier on your way back to the ship.

On the other hand, if you skip the snorkel trip, renting a vehicle and driving around the island is a great way to spend the day, and you can still visit PB, tour San Gervasio, and have time to shop.

Can you take the jeep offroad to see "jungle"?
NO, don't even think of trying that. Just about all the rental jeeps have had their 4 wheel drive shift linkage disconnected, so even if you wanted to engage the 4 wheel drive, you would not be able to do it.

Would we be better off renting a jeep and just driving around to find our own place to snorkel?
No, probably not. You'd be better off going on a boat snorkel trip like the one that leaves from Paradise Beach Club or Playa Palancar beach club.

I understand these two beach clubs sit right next to each other and they are both great. Does anyone have an opinion or a preference?

Also i have heard that San Francicso has a fresh water pool and Paradise does not, the pool seems to be a nice perk.

All comments are welcomed

Ladycaveat - another beach you may want to consider is Uvas, that is a little closer to the piers, so should cost less in a taxi, but I think you have to pay an entrance fee and the food/drink is probably more expensive too, so personally I'd stick with Paradise Beach as I think overall it'll work out cheaper. I'm sure others from your ship will be going to Paradise Beach too, so you might be able to share a taxi if you ask around...

CaptChris - I agree with sjuwill, there has been some sand erosion, but I doubt if you'll even notice it. The PB team did a fantastic job of putting the sand back (a lot got washed into the grassy areas behind the beach) and planted lots of new palm trees too.

Regarding food/drink prices you may want to check the Paradise Beach Cozumel menu on their website - just click on that link!

Have a great day at the beach, wherever you end up!

Ian

Ian, thanks . . . think I will stick with PB . . . I almost went there on my last cruise but decided to swim with dolphins instead. This time . . . just want to lie on the beach and maybe do a little snorkling. Hopefully I'll be able to find others on the ship to share a taxi with.

Hey Tom

Anymore plans on putting that pool in? I know prior to last years horrendous hurricane season, you said it might be in the works. Our re-scheduled (thanks to Katrina) cruise will be visiting Cozumel in Feb 2007. Any chance of a pool by then?

Rox

Tom,

We arrive on 8/10 on the Ecstasy and the family is excited about spending the day at Paradise Beach. We are very interesting in the snorkel tour. However, with the Ecstasy scheduled to depart at 4pm, will we have time to do the snorkel tour?

Archived