Per cruise spreadsheets please

Hi all,

I've been off the boards for a while, but I'm back! I am going on Oasis again next year, so I'm starting my pre-cruise planning now. For those who have asked about creating a similar spreadsheet for another cruise line, my suggestion would be to peruse the boards and start gathering information on the line and ship of your choice. This website is undoubtedly one of the greatest sources of information on the web with respect to cruising, pre and post cruise lodging, and the various ports of call. If anyone wants help, please don't hesitate to email me directly. And, as always, if you would like me to email the cruise spreadsheet to you directly, don't hesitate to email a request to sgeithman@hudginscontracting.com. Happy cruising!

Hi Sherri! Would you please email me your spreadsheet? Cobb04@gmail.com

• 4 weeks later...

I use an app called TripIt. Once you sign up it detects all of your email confirmations and creates an itinerary. On my last cruise I printed it out and had it in a folder and it had all my confirmation numbers and the whole trip listed by day. This included my plane tickets, rental car, hotel and the cruise...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Sherri, or anyone else that has gotten this spreadsheet, will someone send it to me? I am very organized and doing an Excel Spreadsheet is second nature to me. I would love to see what neat little tricks you came up with.

rluzius (at) nc.rr.com

Thanks in advance!

Hi Sherri, or anyone else that has gotten this spreadsheet, will someone send it to me? I am very organized and doing an Excel Spreadsheet is second nature to me. I would love to see what neat little tricks you came up with.

rluzius (at) nc.rr.com

Thanks in advance!

Rluzius,

Check your email box. I just sent the document to you.

Hi All,

Since there are far too many emails to go through I will post the spreadsheet in hopes that the majority of you have the ability to open Sherri spreadsheet. In the event you re unable to do so then let me know and I will email it to only those who are having issues. Otherwise, please see attachment.

Once you open spreadsheet, just click on the tabs below:

Tab #1 is the oh-so-important PACKING LIST, organized by suitcase and carry ons (mine vs. DH).

The items are color-coded (his are blue, mine are pink) and for items that I still need to purchase before the cruise, I click the "to-buy" column and it sends that item to a separate spreadsheet (tab) called "SHOPPING LIST". Since I tend to lay the open bags in our guest room and begin the packing process over the course of a month before a big cruise, having the list there is helpful. I can check things off as I put them into the bags.

As for the SHOPPING LIST, I have an alert set on my calendar to check my shopping list at 3 months and again at 2 months prior to cruise to begin looking for any items that still need to be purchased. Another tab on my cruise organizer is the ONBOARD TIPS list. This is very helpful when cruising on a large ship with so many options.

The tips list includes all the dining and activity venues as well as whether there are fees involved, if reservations are required, best viewing places for outdoor shows, secret spots, all sorts of CC tips that I gather from lurking in the months leading up to a cruise. My TO DO tab is my reminder to do things like setting dining or show reservations, making payments, booking excursions, prefilling Rx's, notifying bank of international travel, etc. The last tab on my cruise planner is my SCHEDULE. Just prior to leaving, I fill in the blanks on this document and print it out in triplicate (because we always end up changing something after we get on the ship).

It's a glimpse of the entire cruise itinerary. It includes any dinner / show / activity reservations we've made at a glance on one page. It also contains our Hotel, Flight, Travel Insurance, and Transfer information and all emergency phone numbers for TA, cruise line, hotel, etc. Of course, all that is subject to change once we step foot on the ship, but it's good to at least have something to go by. And for me, planning the vacation is half the fun!

Cruise List (BLANK).xls

• Like 1

I am a planning nut. I have an Excel workbook that I use to organize myself and my DH before each cruise. It is broken down into several spreadsheets (tabs).

Tab #1 is the oh-so-important PACKING LIST, organized by suitcase and carry ons (mine vs. DH). The items are color-coded (his are blue, mine are pink) and for items that I still need to purchase before the cruise, I click the "to-buy" column and it sends that item to a separate spreadsheet (tab) called "SHOPPING LIST". Since I tend to lay the open bags in our guest room and begin the packing process over the course of a month before a big cruise, having the list there is helpful. I can check things off as I put them into the bags.

As for the SHOPPING LIST, I have an alert set on my calendar to check my shopping list at 3 months and again at 2 months prior to cruise to begin looking for any items that still need to be purchased.

Another tab on my cruise organizer is the ONBOARD TIPS list. This is very helpful when cruising on a large ship with so many options. The tips list includes all the dining and activity venues as well as whether there are fees involved, if reservations are required, best viewing places for outdoor shows, secret spots, all sorts of CC tips that I gather from lurking in the months leading up to a cruise.

My TO DO tab is my reminder to do things like setting dining or show reservations, making payments, booking excursions, prefilling Rx's, notifying bank of international travel, etc.

The last tab on my cruise planner is my SCHEDULE. Just prior to leaving, I fill in the blanks on this document and print it out in triplicate (because we always end up changing something after we get on the ship). It's a glimpse of the entire cruise itenerary. It includes any dinner / show / activity reservations we've made at a glance on one page. It also contains our Hotel, Flight, Travel Insurance, and Transfer information and all emergency phone numbers for TA, cruise line, hotel, etc.

Of course, all that is subject to change once we step foot on the ship, but it's good to at least have something to go by. And for me, planning the vacation is half the fun!

I wish you could share this. This sounds helpful and wonderful!