Per cruise spreadsheets please

I save the info skoeper's calling quick facts in my cell phone and I email it to myself. A laminated sheet is a good idea too, but I'm not likely to be parted from my phone, and in case of an emergency I could pull up my email on a computer anywhere. The one thing I'd add is insurance information.

For excursions, I don't use a spreadsheet, but I do prepare envelopes for each island stop. We do only private excursions, so I write the tour operator's name and contact info / meeting location / whatever else on the envelope. Inside the envelope I place a print out of my reservation and money (including tip). This means anything in my wallet is actually spendable money, and I won't be caught without the right amount of money for each stop.

The only other organization tool I have is my packing list. We created it on the way home from our second cruise, when we realized that we'd overpacked and didn't want to do it again. We didn't use the over-the-door-organizer, etc. While it was fresh in our minds, we wrote down what we'd actually used . . . And since then we've packed just what we need and no more.

LOVE the idea about putting your excursion information for each port in a separate envelope!! Hubby and I are doing private excursions on our upcoming cruise, and I'm glad I ran across this tip because I never would have thought about doing that....and it's so simple!! Thanks!:D:D:D

Hi all. I am getting into a very busy time at work, and won't be able to check the boards daily for requests for the cruise spreadsheet. The original was in a new Excel format. CC parameters won't allow me to upload that .xlsx format. I have redone it in an older version of Excel that CC will allow to be uploaded.

[ATTACH]281065[/ATTACH]

Happy Cruising to all of you.

Sherri,

Your spreadsheet is beyond amazing! and is going to be extremely helpful for me (as I'm sure for everyone else too)!! Thank you for being kind enough to share it with everyone! :D:D:D

~Katrina

• 3 weeks later...

LOVE the idea about putting your excursion information for each port in a separate envelope!! Hubby and I are doing private excursions on our upcoming cruise, and I'm glad I ran across this tip because I never would have thought about doing that....and it's so simple!! Thanks!:D:D:D

Instead of an envelope, I use sandwich size zip lock baggies. Easy to get stuff out or add stuff. One baggie for each private tour.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi all. I am getting into a very busy time at work, and won't be able to check the boards daily for requests for the cruise spreadsheet. The original was in a new Excel format. CC parameters won't allow me to upload that .xlsx format. I have redone it in an older version of Excel that CC will allow to be uploaded.

[ATTACH]281065[/ATTACH]

Happy Cruising to all of you.

Thank you so much Sherri for sharing your spreadsheets. This is exactly what I need to get prepared for my cruise in September.

Alicia

I do what I call a Quick Facts card that we print and laminate. Does come in handy. Here is a picture of one, but not sure how to add the spreadsheet itself?

i-HRKBDWb.jpg

where on earth do you find the "template" for something like this? Is it all like cut and paste?

• 2 weeks later...

Since I am unlikely to not have my phone, I store copies of all my documents on Dropbox and then mark them as favorites so they'll be available offline.

I like the envelope with tip idea--just to be sure I have the right amount of the right currency. Of course, on our upcoming trip I won't be starting out with the right currency!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

OK... I now know that I can't upload an Excel file (which is what my cruise planner is formatted in ), so if anyone would like the .xls file, please reach out to me via email and I'll be happy to send you the entire file. All the tabs are pre-formatted so that once you plug in your sail date and your ship name on the first page (Travel Info), this info populates corresponding cells on the other tabs. It also has a preset reminders tab that will take your cruise date and automatically calculate reminders for certain activities that you need to do pre-cruise at different intervals (1, 2, 3 weeks prior). In the meantime, I will attempt to post .pdf's of the individual tabs. Crossing my fingers and hoping this works. :)

I was reading how organized you are and I was wondering if you could mail me the file at... cmredfox@aol.com I really would appreciate it. I am going on a cruise in Nov. and this is just awesome....ty, Sherri

• 2 weeks later...
OK... I now know that I can't upload an Excel file (which is what my cruise planner is formatted in ), so if anyone would like the .xls file, please reach out to me via email and I'll be happy to send you the entire file. All the tabs are pre-formatted so that once you plug in your sail date and your ship name on the first page (Travel Info), this info populates corresponding cells on the other tabs. It also has a preset reminders tab that will take your cruise date and automatically calculate reminders for certain activities that you need to do pre-cruise at different intervals (1, 2, 3 weeks prior). In the meantime, I will attempt to post .pdf's of the individual tabs. Crossing my fingers and hoping this works. :)

Hi Sherry, just read your note and would the .xls. I'm a multi-tab excel girl myself! Irisgarden57@gmail.com. Thanks so much!

Eileen

this is great, thank you for sharing.