Summit Review - 1/12/2013 Sailing

The Flying Pirate

Thanks so much for the enthusiastic review and excellent photos. Loved your underwater photos...you must have the right camera for the job! We are socked in with a blizzard here in the Boston area, but so, so happy it isn't next weekend, when we get to board the Summit!

Wow, what a great review with such awesome photos! We sail the same itinerary on Summit in just two weeks so this was great to read and get your perspective. My hubbie and brother-in-law will be diving in St. Maarten and I'm hoping to snorkel wherever. I'd also like to try some standup paddleboarding on one of the stops...did you see any places that offered that?

Thanks for the time to post this fantastic review

Cathy

Cathy,I had seen a girl on the standup paddleboard going-well,paddling- back and forth holding a sign "For rent" on one of the islands visited:o; sorry,not sure which one (I had done b2b just very recently but some things I have mixed up in my head). The biggest probability would be either Antigua (Valley Church Beach) or St.Lucia (Rodney Bay). Please ask again those who recently cruised the Southern Caribbean,or try to ask on the Port Boards....I am sure somebody will remember;).Good luck!

Hey I really enjoyed your review! We are booked aboard the Summit in November. It will be our first Celebrity cruise...really looking forward to it.

I especially enjoyed your dining perspective as in not wanting to "dress up." That's us and we really enjoy "kicking back" on vacation. So after reading your review we may not pack the "formal wear" after all. It sounds as if the food at the Waterfall Cafe will be just fine on "formal" nights.

Enjoyed your photos as well. I have a t3i myself! It's a pretty good camera! I have the 18-55 and 55-250 lenses but use a 18-135 mostly as it's a pretty good happy medium.

Thanks again for taking the time to do your review of the Summit!

Cathy,I had seen a girl on the standup paddleboard going-well,paddling- back and forth holding a sign "For rent" on one of the islands visited:o; sorry,not sure which one (I had done b2b just very recently but some things I have mixed up in my head). The biggest probability would be either Antigua (Valley Church Beach) or St.Lucia (Rodney Bay). Please ask again those who recently cruised the Southern Caribbean,or try to ask on the Port Boards....I am sure somebody will remember;).Good luck!

Thanks for the info! VCB is the beach we are planning to visit in Antigua so I'll def be on the lookout there! Otherwise, I'll have my snorkel gear with me so I'll check out the sea life in that case. Jealous you got to do the B2B....if I'd thought about it more we should've booked that also, especially with the cost of flights from Toronto to SJ:D

Thanks for such a fun and positive review! it has been a little nerve-wracking to read some of the other negative reviews. We are Emerald members on RCL and this is our first time on Celebrity. Your pictures are great too! Can't wait for our cruise in April!

Hey Caribbeancruzin! We are first timers on Celebrity too and are with you on the Summit 4/6. Can't wait!

It was great meeting you at the CC party - would have liked to have chatted more later.

Great photos and comments about the experience. I agree with your approach to cruising. We also had a great time - and skipped the MDR more than in the past - will probably do that more in the future.

Jonathan

Thanks for the great review and pictures! We're going on the Summit in December so I hope that we have the same experience. We have 3112 booked in the same bank of cabins that you were in. Do you have any pictures of your cabin or that area of the ship?

Tuesday

As we made our way south we approached two soaring mountain peaks, the Pitons on St Lucia, the highest soaring nearly 3000 feet above the sea. Nearing the base of the Pitons, we came around a bend and into a small cove with a beautiful black sand beach. The boat captain carefully guided the twin bows of the catamaran up onto the black volcanic sand and dropped the ladders allowing us access to the beach. High above us, looking down on the beach, the exclusive Jade Mountain Resort with each suite taking up an entire floor, the rooms feature walls on only three sides, the fourth side being open to face the ocean and feature an infinity pool allowing you to swim right out of the living room and enjoy the specular scenery. We did some checking and anyone can stay there for about $2000/night.

You'll be happy to know that (maybe as a result of your comments) Celebrity is now offering a shore excursion with a day at Jade mountain for only $489 pp. Click here for details.

Jonathan

You'll be happy to know that (maybe as a result of your comments) Celebrity is now offering a shore excursion with a day at Jade mountain for only $489 pp. Click here for details.

Jonathan

We are actually considering booking this for next year - it is our 25th wedding anniversary and my 50th birthday.... it SOUNDS worse than it really is... includes lunch and beverages, a massage, transportation, non motorized water sports, chairs, umbrellas, towels, etc... day pass at Jalousie Plantation is 50 bucks and that's only 25 bucks towards food/beverage - plus you gotta get yourself there (100 bucks) and no massage.....

We are actually considering booking this for next year - it is our 25th wedding anniversary and my 50th birthday.... it SOUNDS worse than it really is... includes lunch and beverages, a massage, transportation, non motorized water sports, chairs, umbrellas, towels, etc... day pass at Jalousie Plantation is 50 bucks and that's only 25 bucks towards food/beverage - plus you gotta get yourself there (100 bucks) and no massage.....

Well if you go please post a review! Actually when you factor in all that stuff while still expensive seems about right, since they get $150 for a massage on the ship. Plus you can say you were at Jade Mountain without spending $10K/week!

It was great meeting you at the CC party - would have liked to have chatted more later.

Great photos and comments about the experience. I agree with your approach to cruising. We also had a great time - and skipped the MDR more than in the past - will probably do that more in the future.

Jonathan

Yes it was nice meeting both of you. We had such a large group in a small room with all the background noise it made it hard to chat. Imagine if all 132 that were signed up would have shown up, it really would have been packed!

How many people were on your Mystic Man Tour in St Lucia? Did you have to pay ahead of time? Did you join others from your Roll Call Board? What you did there sound exactly like what we would love to do in St. Lucia. We've toured th whole island multiple times in th past, done. Beach day and an all inclusive. We're looking for something different to do there on our next cruise.

Thanks for the wonderful review and pictures. We are on the same cruise in 6 weeks and are really looking forward to it. We've always done the dining room but your experiences have made me think about the buffet for dinner one night. Thanks again!

Archived