Sunday Feb 10, Sail Away-Come Watch the 'Queen' of Horns and NA.

PathfinderEss

Westerdam just announced that they might be ready to sail at 2100 and that their gyro is/was out of order.

The Gyro was not our Queen:) It was a Cargo Ship by the name of Vega Beta. Just double checked and Vega Beta is supposed to leave port at 2130, but the Harbor Master told them to go through their agent.

Westerdam is now showing her time pushed back to 2230 (10:30 pm)

Last Bridge to Shore Personel conversation was someone will be arriving by 10 pm. I took that to be the flight arrives a little before 10 so.........

Joanie

OK, conversation between Bridge and Shore Ops was a bit confusing but this is what I just heard as an update on the 8 missing/outstanding passengers....

4 are in a cab on their way to the port now. 2 are due to arrive on "the 9:10" flight and the other 2 are unknown at this time.........

So there ya gots the latest on "The Queen."

Candy we were posting at the same time:)

Joanie

The Gyro was not our Queen:) It was a Cargo Ship by the name of Vega Beta. Just double checked and Vega Beta is supposed to leave port at 2130, but the Harbor Master told them to go through their agent.

Westerdam is now showing her time pushed back to 2230 (10:30 pm)

Last Bridge to Shore Personel conversation was someone will be arriving by 10 pm. I took that to be the flight arrives a little before 10 so.........

Joanie

I must just be hearing things tonight.... :(

.......Multitasking:)

Got the speakers turned up next to my ears, TV turned to Once Upon a Time, Watching the Unloading of SS El Morrow and playing a computer game in between:)

I am wondering if these are not just passengers, but also one or more of the AWESOME Irishmen/women who are scheduled to perform on this charter....

Joanie

.......no word about them so it sounded to me as if as soon as the rest of the passengers (6) are on board they are pulling the jet way and taking the lines down to 2 and 1.........

At least that is what I thought they said.....

EDITED TO ADD: Bridge just asked how much time they had to notify the Harbor for requesting a pilot. Answer was 1 hour.......

EDITED MORE: Notice given to Shore Ops to request Harbor Master for Pilot in 1 hour!!!!! Which would be the 10:30 showing on the scedule for the last coup[le of hours.

Joanie

Pulling the deck 2 gangway...

I sure hope that the Westerdam does Toot, but I think like most other cities, there is a Noise Ordnance that goes from 10 pm to 6 am....

I am watching fopr the lights on the front of the ship to go dark. I think it was Roy who said they are turned off 30 ,inutes before a ship departs the pier..

Joanie

I am watching fopr the lights on the front of the ship to go dark. I think it was Roy who said they are turned off 30 ,inutes before a ship departs the pier..

Joanie

I know I said something like that but I don't remember any specific amount of time. I'm thinking it's more like 15 minutes, but probably whatever the Captain thinks his crew needs to adjust to the darkness.

Roy

Archived