Thomson Majesty Disaster

I hope they have cancelled next weeks cruise. I know it may be dissapointing for those due to go on holiday but under the circumstances it would be the best thing. It would give Thomson chance to make sure everything is ok with the ship and more importantly give the crew a bit of breathing space and time to come to terms with what has happened.

Yes you are quite right, the crew should be given time to try to come to terms with what has happened. As they had to carry on working straight after it happened and had to put on a smile and a brave face they should now be allowed some time i think.

Ah , yes does make sense. Have you messaged her Jackie to se if all ok?

Tried to but she is not a "friend" so didn't work. I see someone has tried to put something with her name on. I am sure she is one of her friends who she was having a 'banter' with a couple of weeks ago, but then again I could be totally wrong. Suspicious though.

Just an update on the compensation

I arrived home last night at 10.45

got a letter from Thomson this morning stating as i was in my second week of a 14 nighter I will get a 50% refund of the full cost of the holiday.

Fair enough for me.

there will also be voucher with a discount on a future cruise. As i am not cruising with Thomson this summer or next winter this does not concern me but please don't moan when you find out it is £100

ps there was a large donations box in reception. It was stuffed so full i had to force my donation through the slot.

i will get round to comments on the cruise eventually. suffice it to say with the right itinery and price i would cruise on Majesty again.

Back to the little glitches with the repatriation.

The penultimate flight was to Belfast. they were still waiting when we left for gatwick an hour later.

some people missed their transfers to Tenerife because they were told on tuesday moring by a services rep that the would not be leaving until Wednesday and went ashore. when they got back they found a letter in their cabin with a tuesday transfer which had already left - oops!. all sorted though and they went on Wednesday.

the indepenant travellers were transferred to their arrival ports and given hotel accomodation until their original flight times.

All sounds very fair to me Dave, i dont think they could do any more although i can imagine some will moan even under these terrible circumstances!

Hi Dave,

I was just wondering how the new CD coped with the accident? What a start for him!

I guessed from our little talk that you liked the ship. DH said about two days into the cruise "I really like this ship don't you?" and he is not usually one to get excited about things :rolleyes: so high praise indeed :D Looking at the Aegean for September/October.

Hi Dave,

I was just wondering how the new CD coped with the accident? What a start for him!

I guessed from our little talk that you liked the ship. DH said about two days into the cruise "I really like this ship don't you?" and he is not usually one to get excited about things :rolleyes: so high praise indeed :D Looking at the Aegean for September/October.

He managed just fine though when he was making the initial announcements from the bridge although he had difficulty in holding his voice together. We already knew of one death but when he said 5 had been taken to hospital seriously injured we guessed it was much worse.

On tuesday evening we had one show in the jubilee lounge at 10pm and he seemed OK then. most of the 650 passengers packed in and then the comedian did his late night show.

Lucy the social hostess (+welfare officer) had just gone on leave replaced by Lucy the social hostess. She must have had a hard first full week.

Thomson brought aboard councillors for the crew and i think the passengers as well. a passenger who has experience with such matters told me that some passengers might well start feeling stress symptoms at home and they should seek councelling.

Well, i offered an apology if my comments were misunderstood, and none of those that jumped on me can even be bothered to reply, even though they are supposed to be the "friendlier" forum users, so that's it, i have removed my future sailings from my signature, and i won't be bothering any of you again.

Lets hope you can all treat future forum members with more courtesy that i have been shown, for only telling the truth, otherwise this will be a quiet place.

Thats a real shame, hope you change your mind. I really don't think you should let nippy comments bother you. Just remember people may have an opinion of you but would be surprised to learn your opinion of them will be very different to the one they have of themself! Smile and move on.....:)

And just so you all know I too have on occasion not agreed with some of sodafountains comments but that doesn't make them wrong or vicious, just I don't agree. I really do think this is awful that someone has been made to feel the need to remove themself from this forum!!! It is bullying!!

Lady on FB has just posted that she has been in touch with Thomson and been told that the Cruise Chief Executive is currently in a meeting with the Director. She will be informed if the cruise is going ahead tomorrow before 10.00pm tonight.

Crumbs, not nice to be in limbo like that but sure everyone will understand under circumstances . Well I hope they do.

Sent from my Galaxy S111 using Tapatalk! !

Hi Dave,

I have paul as a friend on facebook, it was his first week back after going home for meetings, he posted on fb about the service in the theatre and thanking for messages of support, he put about the passengers appaulse for all the staff they left the theatre mean't a lot to him

Archived