Fire on Carnival Triumph. No engines, running on emergency generators.

nixonzm

Porta-Showers? That would be enough to set even the most level headed person off.

CCL needs to have high quality hotel rooms for each cabin ready and waiting. No Motel 6/Days Inn/Red Roof/best Value type of crap, but Hilton, Marriott, Renaissance, etc. At the lowest end they should have Hilton Garden Inn, Holiday Inn, etc.

Are you sure there are 3000+ 4 star vacancies in Mobile? We'll see what is provided upon arrival. I suspect a fleet of busses will be available to transport many of them to Galveston - especially the drive to port folks. If I could quickly take a porta-shower before getting the H out of there, I think I'd jump at the chance. (and I AM a fan of 4 star hotels)

...and as to your earlier claim that they'll probably use busses rather than planes because CCL is cheap. Again, we'll see. But as you mentioned only regional jets serve the airport. I'm sure it's a matter of logistics. It's relatively easy to charter a fleet of busses (although getting 60 busses for 3000+ people is still a challenge) - arranging a fleet of small jets, not so much.

They'll still need hotel rooms in Galveston, Houston or even New Orleans or Montgomery to house those who need to fly home. It's high season down there, (spring break and two days after Mardi Gras) so I'm sure they'll get what they can get. The price differential between a Days Inn and a Marriott wouldn't be all that different given the industry rates they pay and is probably minimal in relation to the total expense of the disaster.

Why cant we just wait for some real passanger accounts like we did after the last Carnival Fire... We can all use the terms i heard, they said, them, you people, the media..

FACT the ship had a fire all are Reported to be ok LEts all hope they get back safey and than hear the tru stories..

And yes Im sure someone will post the lawyers were lining up in Mobile waiting to start the lawsuits aginst CCL.

Good luck and blessings to all who were effected

Just heard CNN saying that there are over 4000 passengers on board. Yes, trust CNN for all the facts.

Um, with the crew, isn't that number correct? There are only 3,000 -customers- on board, but it could be considered that passengers is anyone aboard the ship (some definitions say 'bear no responsibility to transport'- so all the food, hotel, and entertainment crew definetly meet this. Only the officers and the people who work the engine room are involved in getting the ship to wear it is going. It wasn't the best word choice, but it wasn't a downright lie.

quick request to anyone?? (i haveta sign off) -- can anyone tell me where and when (time and network) gerry will be giving the "state of carnival address?"

i'd like to dvr it.

He should get his butt to mobile to give it, imo.

6 est.

What is so difficult about getting a passport? It's easier than getting a drivers license.

By the way, no one "needs" insurance. Until they need it.

Yes. Excellent point. I found a source that said 70% of Australians have a passport but only 30% USA citizens. That is fine but once you start cruising in the oceans it doesn't take long to get into International waters, where things can just, go bad. I've had a passport for over 40 years - as a child and my kids have never not had a passport. Stupid comment to say that a passport didnt cause a fire, but it sure helps deal with the consequences.

It seems to have been a great source of communication for those who have loved ones onboard and allows them to vent their worries and frustrations. I can't see why someone wanted it closed.

I think today will be the worst day for the people, as they still can't process "we will be on land tonight". I guess at least it isn't too hot - if this had happened during summer then the heat would make it unbearable.

Are you sure there are 3000+ 4 star vacancies in Mobile? We'll see what is provided upon arrival. I suspect a fleet of busses will be available to transport many of them to Galveston - especially the drive to port folks. If I could quickly take a porta-shower before getting the H out of there, I think I'd jump at the chance. (and I AM a fan of 4 star hotels)

...and as to your earlier claim that they'll probably use busses rather than planes because CCL is cheap. Again, we'll see. But as you mentioned only regional jets serve the airport. I'm sure it's a matter of logistics. It's relatively easy to charter a fleet of busses (although getting 60 busses for 3000+ people is still a challenge) - arranging a fleet of small jets, not so much.

They'll still need hotel rooms in Galveston, Houston or even New Orleans or Montgomery to house those who need to fly home. It's high season down there, (spring break and two days after Mardi Gras) so I'm sure they'll get what they can get. The price differential between a Days Inn and a Marriott wouldn't be all that different given the industry rates they pay and is probably minimal in relation to the total expense of the disaster.

Just curious, how far is it between Mobile and Galveston?

Just curious, how far is it between Mobile and Galveston?

About 8 hours on a bus. Only the drive to port folks really need to get back to Galveston. Carnival is probably pre-booking every flight out of Mobile, Pensacola, Montgomery, and New Orleans that they can.

I was on board 2 mo. ago, and about every morning from my state room I could them bring someone on board while we was in the open waters.. It looked very safe, due to the height and weigh of the ramp they had attached.. Why can't they do the same??:confused: A girlfriend just got back less than 2 weeks ago, and said the ship was having problems then, they had to set over 2 hours in open water while fixing it.. This really was a known issue, and the greed of keeping the schedule is going to cost them huge now!! :eek:

I feel so bad for the passengers aboard, plus getting the name on the press as "Savages" :mad:

The Capitan and cruise line, knew there was a problem, but lets keep making the cruise line MORE money:D $$$$$

"From all of us who cruised before on the Triumph, I am so sorry for you, your friends, and family are having to deal with this nightmare!!"

Archived