Fire on Carnival Triumph. No engines, running on emergency generators.

nixonzm

If I was on that ship with that CNN helicopter zooming in on me, I'd flip them off. I feel so bad for those poor people on the ship. MEDIA...leave them the F.... alone.

On the other hand, having the media around would be comforting to some--it allows them to know that they are getting close to port.

I find this disturbing...CCL can get a musical group on to perform an impromptu concert, but not get some basic necessities to the passengers? Who at CCL spent their time trying to book a band, instead of HELPING the situation?

OMG Google Spinal Tap. Also I suspect the amps will be set to Number 13

Shame on Carnival. They have failed miserably again to learn from the past.

Covering up the truth to the news media and the pax.

Just a shame they are unable to handle these disasters.

How do I know.....remember the Splendor, I do.

She does not sound like the hysterical crying little girl her mother described the other night...boo to CNN. WTG to this young lady...she sounds like she could go far in life if her mom lets her grow up...

Both the father just interviewed a moment ago, and the mother recounted that the daughters were in fact very frightened the day of the fire, when lights would go out, emergency doors shutting, and a time the ship was listing bad enough he couldn't walk straight nearly falling. The father clearly feels he had a difficult time trying to reassure the young ones. Frightening experience indeed for the little ones.

That having said, CNN has definitely been exaggerating in other areas and regurgitating old passenger accounts until today.

It's possible that the media may not even be able to access the passengers. They are being kept outside the terminal, and the way the terminal is set up with an attached parking garage, it's conceivable that they could board the buses inside the terminal and be whisked away without ever stepping foot outside the terminal. I'm sure that is what Carnival would like to happen.

Carnival isn't going to be able to shield themselves forever. The longer people have to wait to tell their story, the angrier they are going to be--and that will make them less likely to point out anything good that happened.

The dad offered. Actually being able to speak it out can be good for her. She's pretty well spoken.

She is well spoken and seems to be holding up pretty well. I think the honesty of a child is what is needed. Once they dock and the adults get off is when the drama will start.

three people just got on the ship? any ideas on who that would be? maybe pilot?

Based on the boat, it is not a pilot ship. That appears to be a customs boat. So it is probably the customs people to get all of that paperwork completed so they don't have to stand in another line for that once getting off the ship.

She does not sound like the hysterical crying little girl her mother described the other night...boo to CNN. WTG to this young lady...she sounds like she could go far in life if her mom lets her grow up...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

She's been GREAT. She'll be on T.V. when she gets back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

She might have been hysterical at that point in time--that was 48 hours ago.

three people just got on the ship? any ideas on who that would be? maybe pilot?

Possible. They aren't sure, but do know hat both pilots to bring the ship in and Customs and Border Control will all be boarding the ship. They're going to start the customs clearance onboard hours before they dock, apparently.

During the news conference they said there would be 200 people from the Carnival Care dept to help the passengers.

The Carnival VP said that the passengers had already decided what they wanted to do when they got off the ship but there were enough buses that they could change their minds. He gave no numbers as to what passengers were going to hotels or going directly to Galveston.

They said they would get hot food tonight. The ship should be at the channel buoys right about now. Once they get off the ship and to the buses it will be a 2 hour drive to NOLA. If they were smart they would have food at the cruise terminal so the people could eat before they get on the buses.

Shame on Carnival. They have failed miserably again to learn from the past.

Covering up the truth to the news media and the pax.

Just a shame they are unable to handle these disasters.

How do I know.....remember the Splendor, I do.

Agree on learning past lessons. Have to disagree on covering up.

Carnival gets a huge FAIL in media communications. They apparently have no one dedicated to making sure the media is kept up-to-date.

Archived