Fire on Carnival Triumph. No engines, running on emergency generators.

nixonzm

You have some reports of sewage coming down the walls...disgusting , but if people were moved away from that area and not allowed to be physically exposed to it, there is no danger. my concern would be that people be furnished bottled water and not trust the water filtration on the boat until it was comepletly serviced. Like I said, the SMELL of sewage is not dangerous. It is not pleasant, but it will not kill you. Some clown lawyer on CNN is now saying they are in danger of encaphalitis from misquitos...haha....can you be more dramatic and idiotic?

The lack of running water for hand washing during the first 36(?) hours is troubling. Wipes and antibacterial gel is not a substitute and won't do a damn thing against viruses like Noro and Influenza.

Could it be because Carnival Corp. has more ships than any other corporation? Just saying. I will say they SHOULD take a real close look at their maintenace records.

AND has anyone every tried docking a large boat no less a big ship.....strong winds and unexpected currents can make it VERY difficult even for seasoned Captains.

And please don't say Royal Caribbean has never had an issue like this and jinx them....I'll be sailing Navigator in 2 weeks and my next two cruises after that are also on RCI.

Not saying that this could not happen to any other cruise as it could but it happens to Carnival more than any other.

conditions are for those with a balcony than an Inside stateroom. Private open sea air for one thing. The crew of Carnival is is excellent as its management is poor. I don't understand why companies continue to make such short sighted decisions, but it sure cost them now.

The criminal charges will be the negligence with maintenance, that extends fleet wide. That is what is about to be uncovered. This ship was unfit for sail, they risked it, and it bit em in the old chair padding.

Civil maybe, but even if this does prove to be negligence, I don't see any criminal violations so far.

When these sort of things occur in a military force, police force, etc, a safety stand-down is necessary to take a good look at the trend, what is causing them, and what changes need to be made to prevent them from happening again. If this is not already happening, the Carnival big-wigs really need to take a good, hard look at recent events and if need be, implement corporate wide changes. Between the 3 major incidents and the rash of collisions over the past few years, this is overdue.

I absolutely agree! Additionally, I think it's a good reminder to the entire industry that disaster preparation and training is an on-going process that can never be put on the back burner.

The industry will survive, but not sure about CCL.

Unless something we don't know crops up, this won't have a major lasting impact. Yesterday there were a number of hot n heavy breathers pointing out the 4% or so drop in CCL stock. Today it's less than 0.5%.

Maybe things change and something gets disclosed - but even if - BP is still alive and kicking and this doesn't appear to be remotely close financially to their problems.

This interview with Julie Moran on CNN right now was very enlightening. She said they had an inside room and it was too dark and hot to sleep inside. They have their luggage with them (contrary to what was reported on this thread early on). She said they were sleeping on mattresses on the open decks until last night when it got too cold and is now sleeping in the dining room. She said the crew have been outstanding and the only gripe they have is with the head honchos in Miami. She said the carpets in the hallways and stairwells are saturated to the point of sloshing when you step on them. She said they are not starving. There's been plenty of food just not what you would "want to eat". She did say that people were hoarding food and taking like 15-20 of everything. She said the smell was a mixture of sewage and rotting food. She said the coast guard dropped food yesterday and they were able to get a grill running and had grilled chicken yesterday.

And you know this how? Because as someone who works in the health care field and deals with infection control I can tell you that based on the descriptions of the deplorable sewage conditions onboard, Carnival will be very lucky if some of the passengers and crew don't develop some serious health issues as a result. It is too soon to know the level of potential communicable infection that might result from the conditions these passengers have endured. That ship is basically a floating petri dish at this point and it could be days or even weeks until we know if some of the people onboard have suffered health consequences, especially some of the elderly passengers who may have weakened immunity.

I keep hoping some of recent drops on ship are some kind of antibiotic vaccinces and immuninity, anti Hepititus A if possible??..whatever can happen in that situation...sarah

Could it be because Carnival Corp. has more ships than any other corporation? Just saying. I will say they SHOULD take a real close look at their maintenace records.

AND has anyone every tried docking a large boat no less a big ship.....strong winds and unexpected currents can make it VERY difficult even for seasoned Captains.

And please don't say Royal Caribbean has never had an issue like this and jinx them....I'll be sailing Navigator in 2 weeks and my next two cruises after that are also on RCI.

RAH RAH RAH.

Carnival Corp has had proportionately more incidents than any other cruise line.

I do believe that RCI leads the pack in "missing" passengers though.

Archived