Fire on Carnival Triumph. No engines, running on emergency generators.

nixonzm

Uncle Gerry finally shows up and was finally well coached to be very apologetic

Of course, he couldn't actually be apologetic, could he? I mean, isn't it possible, just possible, that he has compassion for these people; that he truly is sorry that they had to endure the last few days; that he is, I don't know, HUMAN?

Not in your book...

Cahill saying all the right things. Fir those who kept asking where he was, I'm sure he was in the "command center" until she was docked. If he was giving updates every few hours, people would have been asking why he wasn't keeping charge of things instead of talking to media.

Cahill did a good job and he sounded sincere. That's what he should have been doing more of throughout this incident. The CEO doesn't need to micromanage the command center, he needs to make the big decisions and be the face of the company and reassure people.

I read about how it is going to take hours to let everybody off the ship, which is normal for a cruise, but this cruise wasn't normal

I suppose what I'm saying is, upon reaching port they would be letting me off PRONTO, and delaying me from getting off would in my mind be akin to kidnapping

If this was a normal cruise debarking passengers would get off to line up at CBP. That will not happen in Mobile because everyone has already been cleared. But I suppose the unreasonable are always free to jump off.

I was wondering where they were going to disembark. I did not think that gangway was high enough to get to the main lobby. Looks like they are disembarking on the deck to load lifeboats.

it appears the lifeboat is in the way of the gangway

Of course, he couldn't actually be apologetic, could he? I mean, isn't it possible, just possible, that he has compassion for these people; that he truly is sorry that they had to endure the last few days; that he is, I don't know, HUMAN?

Not in your book...

He was not that way earlier in the week

The hard part won't be getting past the "contract" , especially with numerous reports of known issues prior to this cruise (spending 2 nights in Progresso while working on the ship). The real issue is collecting a judgement. Just not worth a suit.

If this was a normal cruise debarking passengers would get off to line up at CBP. That will not happen in Mobile because everyone has already been cleared. But I suppose the unreasonable are always free to jump off.

after all these people have been through, what in the world should keep them for a hours long debarkation process, all we have to do is get them through customs, and they've known about the ship coming in for 4 days now

He was not that way earlier in the week

Agreed. Cahill did not come off well at Tuesday's press conference. He sounded harried and his corporatespeak about restoring bathroom service to "certain sections of the ship" just sounded like they were hiding the truth.

But today his words had the ring of sincerity.

I 2nd that make all US citizens look bad to the rest of the world, money hungry lawers & drams queens from the Triumph will tarish the image of everyone who suffered aboard!

I think your wrong , most people understand the way the "gutter press" work, you will find people wont believe all that they see in the media.

most people I have met enjoy very much the company of people from the USA :D

best Regards

John Fisher Royal Navy (retired)

• Administrators

Pax seem upbeat, waving at the cameras. They also seem patient, after all this time, to wait their turn to get off the ship.

Please take a moment to reflect on the ups and downs of this week. I ask that some of you ease up on the personal attacks. Issues, not people,

Have a good night

Why? Carnival has nothing to hide. Why not be honest?

Time will tell, but for right now, they have plenty to hide. I don't care how beloved of a company this is to some of you, in a major negative PR incident like this, there is plenty to not air to the public. Even Cahill admitted his failures up to this point.

What do we think about this being simply and accident or due to maintenance negligence?

CNN is talking about this and I'm curious what other people think.

My take on it is that there was a repair done on 1/28/13 and there was an intervening cruise where things weren't working perfectly.

I have no doubt that they did another "repair" and it failed. Things like that happen. Perfect isn't in the realm of human. It's likely that the people who completed the repair have been on board all along--it's not likely that they were happy about the result, either......

I'm sure that the Carnival people want a good explanation as much as anyone else.

after all these people have been through, what in the world should keep them for a hours long debarkation process, all we have to do is get them through customs, and they've known about the ship coming in for 4 days now

they already were cleared by CBP on the ship while it was coming up the channel into the bay

Archived