Fire on Carnival Triumph. No engines, running on emergency generators.

nixonzm

I hope you're joking.
I didn't just read that, did I?

So you would condone the destruction of a few lounge chairs as well? How is PURPOSELY destroying someone else’s property an ok thing to do??????????:confused::confused::confused:

Look at Lido!?!?!

The crew has EVERY chair perfectly in line!

Amazing!

Remember this post? The father of an 18 yo on the cruise just spoke of this. He said his daughter phoned him. Said she feels they're running to cover things up. That when the news chopper got into sight te crew was told to immediately get on deck and clean it perfectly.

Don't shoot the messenger...I'm just posting what the guy said..

Hundreds of thousands just this year.

Im a HUGE Royal Caribbean fan but surely you dont believe they dont or cant have issues too? :confused:

But I think there's a larger point. As someone else mentioned before me, there are people who might have considered cruising but now won't, simply due to this incident. Sure, they may reconsider over time, but I suspect many won't. There are too many vacation options out there.

My mother-in-law is a case in point, and she's just one person I happen to know. I'm certainly not a cruise industry expert, just a customer. But I suspect the industry has a lot of PR work to do.

ROTLMAO! Just saw a CARNIVAL CRUISE commercial talking about the TERRIBLE VACATION they had last summer and how this years was SO MUCH BETTER!

SNL is going to have a field day with this!

Leno has some Carnival jokes in his monologue last night.

Who in their right mind would ever consider a Carnival cruise again?

Look at this live coverage on CNN -- absolutely horrendous. It's always a Carnival ship or Carnival-owned ship that's having issues.

I'll stick with Royal. They know their stuff.

http://www.cruiselawnews.com/2012/04/articles/fires-1/fire-breaks-out-aboard-allure-of-the-seas-cruise-ship/

http://www.cruiselawnews.com/2012/03/articles/fires-1/azamara-quest-cruise-ship-catches-on-fire-near-borneo/

Haven't RCCL not crashed one of their ships into a Carnival one (sure it was the Legend) in the Caribbean somewhere. Or was it the other way around? There is a video of it on YouTube.

Actually Carnival crashed their ship into the docked and tied Royal Caribbean ship.

Even a BIGGER FAIL in ship maintenance. They must have a VP Maintenance, do you think he/she will be fired ?

That will ultimately depend on teh cause of the fire.

That said, the public transit service in Orlando just requested (and received) the resignation of their director of maintenance after a series of bus accidents that were caused by other vehicles.

So you would condone the destruction of a few lounge chairs as well? How is PURPOSELY destroying someone else’s property an ok thing to do??????????:confused::confused::confused:

If I were on the Triumph and they said something like this to me, I'd have three words for them.

So, Sue. Me.

Haven't RCCL not crashed one of their ships into a Carnival one (sure it was the Legend) in the Caribbean somewhere. Or was it the other way around? There is a video of it on YouTube.

Definitely other way around. In the past few years, Carnival hasn't had a very good record wrt collisions with other ships. Legend crashed into the docked Enchantment of the Seas in Cozumel. In Puerto Vallerta, Splendor crashed into the docked Radiance of the Seas. In Key West, Fantasy crashed into the docked Imagination.

I have been trying to read everything but its been quite difficult!

I have to say this however, I've caught bits and pieces of info from CNN today and I want to say that the crew on board would not have much more information than the guests and are only following what they being told they need to do!

I'm not saying that anyone here is being negative about the crew just voicing what I know!!!

Well since no one can hear the TONE of your voice, you just come across as a pot stirrer.

I think the deportation part clearly made it sarcasm. You cannot deport a US citizen to a country other than the US!

Also you honestly think its anything but sarcasm when they say you will be forced back aboard the ship.

People need to calm down and stop taking every word so seriously. So many of the posts on here are people arguing about a single word for a dozen or more posts.

Actually Carnival crashed their ship into the docked and tied Royal Caribbean ship.

If memory serves a Carnival ship hit one from Royal Caribbean. A couple of weeks later a Royal Caribbean ship had an argument with a pier. Could have been the other way round. Sure made for interesting reading on CC. Lots of crow eaten on both sides.

:D

So you are saying the reports are false?

No Im not disagreeing with your post or the reports

But He is an ambulance Chaser. Having worked in an ER for years I ran into quite a few;)

Also he is brought in for expert opinions when the TV shows want to sensationalize cruise ship issues

Archived