Fire on Carnival Triumph. No engines, running on emergency generators.

nixonzm

Yes. are you only watching fox news? If so, this is why - two different parties on CNN have admitted they have been told not to speak to media. CNN also confirmed this as first pax left.

Once again, I work media. This is not unusual for companies to use "don't speak to media" as damage control - this is first step. Why is that hard to believe? Can someone with a PR background back me up here?

The key point for me would be if CCL asked pax to sign a nondisclosure in order to board buses or receive compensation... and I'm not ready to believe that yet.

I've heard a little of everything. People are going to take/process things differently, anyway. Someone who is upbeat now might clear their head and think "wait, what?" While someone who is disgusted or scared or sick might get over it in a day or two.

I was just thinking the same thing. The euphoria of finally getting off the ship is going to wear off in a few hours and then we might get less up beat responses from some. And from others a hot shower and good nights sleep may temper their negative thoughts.

Almost all of the passengers I've seen interviewed on CNN and Fox have been upbeat about how well the crew and most of the passengers did; guys on now are saying they had an inside cabin and the passengers across the hall kept their door open during the day so they could have some light in their cabin.

Will be interesting to see how this plays out as the passengers find out about the poor communications from the Carnival execs. I doubt they had a lot of information about that while they were on the ship.

The key point for me would be if CCL asked pax to sign a nondisclosure in order to board buses or receive compensation... and I'm not ready to believe that yet.

Nor do I. By now there would be a leak to at least one outlet of this supposed doc. I could be wrong, however, I'm willing to bet that it was someone that put two and two together that shouldn't have. Rumors spread like wildfire in these situations - especially when cut off from world.

In one of the press conferences today, a Carnival VP said that no one would be asked to sign a waiver to receive the compensation that Carnival had announced.

I've wondered if the waivers being handed out on the buses are similar to excursion waivers - bus is an independent contractor, Carnival has no liability, yada, yada, yada.

In one of the press conferences today, a Carnival VP said that no one would be asked to sign a waiver to receive the compensation that Carnival had announced.

I've wondered if the waivers being handed out on the buses are the like excursion waivers - bus is an independent contractor, Carnival has no liability, yada, yada, yada.

I also heard that firm denial. I just don't see them turning around and breaking that promise... they'd be busted in a second.

I've wondered if the waivers being handed out on the buses are similar to excursion waivers - bus is an independent contractor, Carnival has no liability, yada, yada, yada.

I bet you're right.

For people looking for the frustrated, angsty stories...give it an hour or two. Many are still running on adrenaline and once they see everyone else on the buses and gone, but they're still waiting to disembark and are exhausted, you'll get them. Producers know this too.

Yes. are you only watching fox news? If so, this is why - two different parties on CNN have admitted they have been told not to speak to media. CNN also confirmed this as first pax left.

Once again, I work media. This is not unusual for companies to use "don't speak to media" as damage control - this is first step. Why is that hard to believe? Can someone with a PR background back me up here?

If they were told not to talk to the media, there are sure a lot of them that are NOT following orders. But I could see why, it's always the media that try to exagerate and stir up trouble. As someone posted earlier, when passengers didn't have anything bad to say, the CNN reporters told them to move on.... How's that for PR???

Doug

If they were told not to talk to the media, there are sure a lot of them that are NOT following orders. But I could see why, it's always the media that try to exagerate and stir up trouble. As someone posted earlier, when passengers didn't have anything bad to say, the CNN reporters told them to move on.... How's that for PR???

Doug

There is no evidence that the media is bypassing positive accounts to concentrate on the negative.

Doug

I don't think you're watching anything but Fox. CNN has had 98% positive stories... Only an older pair of women who were together complained. Sorry, but you are very incorrect here and are getting defensive now.

There is always going to be someone willing to talk.

i've been flipping back n forth between cnn and fox news. OMG fox news had the sleaziest people reporters and they were finding the nastiest people to interview. people talking about how their backs were hurting and how they think they had infections. i couldn't believe the slimeballs that gravitate towards fox news.

I have seen none of this on Fox, I heard nothing but a really upbeat attitude from the passengers that Fox has interviewed. You must have been watching MSNBC.

Doug

I did notice the guys say they were Platinum and they were letting them off first.

Correct.

With exceptions, quite a number of the first debarking passengers are repeat (loyalty program) travelers.

Those who are on their first or second sailings might have a bit different overall take-away, since they didn't/don't have multiple previous positive cruises to compare this one to.

Correct.

With exceptions, quite a number of the first debarking passengers are repeat (loyalty program) travelers.

Those who are on their first or second sailings might have a bit different overall take-away, since they didn't/don't have multiple previous positive cruises to compare this one to.

You're right that may be a factor.

They might also be letting them off by deck... would like to hear from pax on the lowest deck.

You're right that may be a factor.

They might also be letting them off by deck... would like to hear from pax on the lowest deck.

One of the first guys interviewed was from deck one. "It was disgusting but the crew were amazing."

Archived