Best deck to book on the Oasis?

Planning to sail the Oasis of the Seas but not sure what deck is the best - a deck on a lower deck or on a higher deck? We usuall book the Lido on most ships but since the deck plans are so different from other ships I've cruised on I thought I would ask those who have cruised the Oasis and/or Allure. I'm sort of leaning toward deck six.

I always look to book a deck that has cabins both above and below if possible. Check out what is on deck 5 below where you're thinking. If its a lounge or entertainment venue it could be noisy late at night.

Planning to sail the Oasis of the Seas but not sure what deck is the best - a deck on a lower deck or on a higher deck? We usuall book the Lido on most ships but since the deck plans are so different from other ships I've cruised on I thought I would ask those who have cruised the Oasis and/or Allure. I'm sort of leaning toward deck six.

As many have said before (myself included) deck 8 is a favorite for it's proximity to the promenade and quick access to Central Park. I have stayed twice on 8 and would pick it again in a heartbeat. Remember deck 8 is actually mid ship on these ships :)

We were on the Oasis this past October and were on deck 7. It was great. It was very accessible to everything. On our upcoming Oasis cruise in September, which I'm booking tomorrow, there were no JS available on deck 7, so we'll have to go with deck 9. If I remember correctly, Dazzles is on deck 9, so I hope the noise won't be a problem. I think you would be happy with either deck 7 or 8. I hope you enjoy your cruise.:)

Another vote for Deck 8.

Oasis class ships are easy to navigate. On most decks you can walk from Aft to Forward without any problem. My problem is making this walk in a never ending tunnel of staterooms. Boring!!

I like deck 8 because Central Park is in the middle of the ship. I use CP to walk back and forth to venues and activities located at the Aft and Forward part of the ship. It makes for a pleasant walk and it doesn't hurt that I can stop at Park Cafe and pick up a snack to take back to the room.

As many have said before (myself included) deck 8 is a favorite for it's proximity to the promenade and quick access to Central Park. I have stayed twice on 8 and would pick it again in a heartbeat. Remember deck 8 is actually mid ship on these ships :)

I concur!!!:D

I have cruised the Oasis, and will be on the Allure in July.

My vote is for deck 6, balcony cabin, a bit aft of the aft elevators. Close to everything except the poll deck and the Windjammer.

Boardwalk is just a quick jaunt for morning coffee. The Aqua Theater is right there. The Boardwalk offers a great view of the ocean, and my first cup of coffee. I would enjoy it while sitting in the Aqua Theater. On the right side of the Aqua Theater, there is a staircase that leads to the walking/jogging track. There is a special surprise there - an aft viewing of the ocean; there are lounge chairs just waiting for you; it is a secluded, quiet area. Great for that morning coffee.

The Royal Promenade is just one deck below, and the Main Dining Room is directly below (aft as well). Central Park is two deck up. Close enough for a walk in the Park in the morning or a romantic stroll in the evening.

There is no noise from deck 5, as there is nothing below you that would create unwanted sound. Also, you are close to the ocean, and can hear the ocean sounds while sitting on your balcony late at night.

As I wrote, I love deck 6; my second choice would be deck 8, followed by deck 7.

Deck 6 is a great choice. I am sure you will be happy with it. I know I really enjoyed it while on the Oasis. FYI, I am a senior citizen, DH and I travel alone, and love the Boardwalk. I enjoyed the Boardwalk activity, getting a balloon animal for my stateroom, and the Merry GO Round. (I also loved the zip line, and will do it again on the Allure). I am still a child at heart, and don't plan on growing old or aging gracefully.

As someone said the important thing is to have cabins above and below. Never book a cabin over/under a public area. We had a cabin under Chops on the Independence of the Seas. Thought it would be okay, but we heard furniture moving nearly all night long. Reminded DW of our 1st cruise on the old Carnival Mardis Gras where our bunk-bed (yes...) inside cabin was tucked under the teak wood stairs and beside the cable-run elevator. It took me 16 years to get my DW back on a cruise ship.

My fav is Deck 11 starboard side aft on the Oasis. Easy access to everything including the common balcony overlooking the Aqua Theater. That became our unofficial gathering point for sail-aways with our drinks. Sailing in June on the Allure on deck 11 starboard aft and we can't wait!

My fav is Deck 11 starboard side aft on the Oasis. Easy access to everything including the common balcony overlooking the Aqua Theater. That became our unofficial gathering point for sail-aways with our drinks. Sailing in June on the Allure on deck 11 starboard aft and we can't wait!

I too prefer deck 11. There is no deck that is going to be close to all the activities, so this offers a location to be between them, and close enough to them that the stairs are always an option (and it is always easier going down the stairs than up, making a trek from deck 11 to the pool on deck 15 much easier than the trek from deck 6 or even deck 8).

I just booked a D1 for October - on Deck 11 port side. I do love to listen to the ocean at night so maybe deck 8 is a better choice. The hallways are on the back of the Park cafe or Giovanni's table. Is there any noise at night from these? Are the D1 balconies on 8 obstructed or undesireable in any way? Does anyone have a preference of port vs. starboard?

Thanks for any info.

Barb

I just booked a D1 for October - on Deck 11 port side. I do love to listen to the ocean at night so maybe deck 8 is a better choice.

My observation is that you can listen to the ocean from most outside decks (no problem for me from Deck 11), but will be louder on lower decks. Keep in mind that the AC goes off when the door is open, so it may get hot and/or humid inside.

The hallways are on the back of the Park cafe or Giovanni's table. Is there any noise at night from these?

Not particularly, as these are quiet venues to begin with and then there is a wall and hallway.

Are the D1 balconies on 8 obstructed or undesireable in any way?

Obstructions are no better or worse than any other deck. Lower decks will be closer to the water and pier, higher decks will be more likely to see further in ports.

Does anyone have a preference of port vs. starboard?

I like starboard, as the ship usually (but not always) docks on the starboard side, and I like looking over the dock (even from the higher decks).

Thanks for any info.

Barb