Are we being snobs?? :)

Jamrenjer

I got some True Lemon today. The ingredients: Crystallized lemon (citric acid), lemon oil, lemon juice, ascorbic acid (Vitamin C), Organic Evaporated Cane Juice. No preservatives, gluten free. I tried a packet in my glass of water and it tasted pretty good. Guess I will take some packets along and hope that the OP isn't at the next table. :) Everyone at our table will be family so no problem there.

• 1 month later...

I travel a lot for work and I use those drops all the time. I don't use them to save money. In fact, the Miio ones seem kind of expensive. I use them in airports and other places because I won't drink regular soda and there are only a handful of diet drinks that I will drink. For me, it just adds a little flavor to water because I am too picky about soft drinks and the ones I can tolerate usually aren't available.

Thank goodness the OP never sat by me when I pull out my little packets of vinegar. In Canada we have white vinegar on french fries (I can't eat them without it), but the rest of the world doesn't seem to have anything except that horrid malt stuff - so everytime I pick up fast food I add a few little vinegar packs to my stash to take on my travels. I never realized until now that I was so tacky...:o

First of all, we are very thrifty (our kids say 'cheap'!:)), we do alot to save money to go on a cruise-- and to save money while we are on the cruise....but we have never seen this before: While eating in the MDR of a Princess ship, at the table near us-- the lady pulled from her purse MIO drops to flavor her water! It was bright red-- and she did not offer to any of the others sitting at their table. I just thought it was kind of tacky............................ am I being a cruise snob? :)

Snob? No, wrong term.

Busybody? Yes

Why do you care what some stranger at another table puts into her own drink?

Now if you were to tell us that she came over to your table and dumped some into your drink without asking, then your concern would be perfectly understandable. :D

Many people need to take various types of medications with their dinner or immediately thereafter and they do not offer any to others sitting at their table either, so I suppose by your definition they are all being tacky as well. :eek:

Welcome to the Real World.

Tin foil, tea bag, reused?

Yes we all budget ourselves, in many ways. One way I can save up for a cruise is to stop paying gas & toll prices at its highest, you name it?

If the person brought it, and used it, and did not offer it. So be it.

Food dye, fake flavor and sugar, I ask for a lemon, for the whole table and done.

We were all brought up, if it is the last piece on the table, you ask the whole table.

Back to my gas, and tolls that is life. moving on.

First of all, we are very thrifty (our kids say 'cheap'!:)), we do alot to save money to go on a cruise-- and to save money while we are on the cruise....but we have never seen this before: While eating in the MDR of a Princess ship, at the table near us-- the lady pulled from her purse MIO drops to flavor her water! It was bright red-- and she did not offer to any of the others sitting at their table. I just thought it was kind of tacky... to each their own, I guess... I can see at the buffet or in their room-- or in their own cups by the pool-- but to bring to dinner... even on formal night... the waitress, I believe from Slovenia or the Ukraine- asked her what it was-- as she had never seen anything like that... am I being a cruise snob? :)

I think the OP is reflecting a bad trend we see these days which is when folks decide to mind everyone else's business. Not good at all. This is not about being a "snob" but more about being just nosey and annoying.

Hank

First of all, we are very thrifty (our kids say 'cheap'!:)), we do alot to save money to go on a cruise-- and to save money while we are on the cruise....but we have never seen this before: While eating in the MDR of a Princess ship, at the table near us-- the lady pulled from her purse MIO drops to flavor her water! It was bright red-- and she did not offer to any of the others sitting at their table. I just thought it was kind of tacky... to each their own, I guess... I can see at the buffet or in their room-- or in their own cups by the pool-- but to bring to dinner... even on formal night... the waitress, I believe from Slovenia or the Ukraine- asked her what it was-- as she had never seen anything like that... am I being a cruise snob? :)

I am not even going to peruse the 3 pages of responses to your question before replying. I had decided to do precisely this same thing when I started planning my first cruise. I am going to take several flavors of MIO with me and use it whenever and wherever I like. It is good, it is cheap and I do not care what anyone else thinks about it. Let them call me a snob if they want because I can deal with that quickly and efficiently. They, IMHO, would most certainly be ignorant perhaps, but I tag folks as snobs for bigger crimes than that. Maybe if you offered to pay for a drink package for them it would make you feel better. :eek:

but maybe I am being snobbish! :) As stated, I can see at the buffet etc.--- but I also don't like seeing t-shirts and jeans at dinner in the MDR either.. lol! To each their own! :D

Yes you are a snob :D

But you can also be proud of it ;)

SO I get lunch and my co-worker says I'll take half of that, while I was ordering. And then will get me lunch next time, so far its a few days later and no lunch.

Oh we're talkin snob. what is a snob?

Dam this topic is about some one's behavior Lol movin on (sp) ca

I am not even going to peruse the 3 pages of responses to your question before replying. I had decided to do precisely this same thing when I started planning my first cruise. I am going to take several flavors of MIO with me and use it whenever and wherever I like. It is good, it is cheap and I do not care what anyone else thinks about it. Let them call me a snob if they want because I can deal with that quickly and efficiently. They, IMHO, would most certainly be ignorant perhaps, but I tag folks as snobs for bigger crimes than that. Maybe if you offered to pay for a drink package for them it would make you feel better. :eek:

The OP was referring to him/herself as a snob, not the person using the Mio (to answer someone else's question, it's a water flavoring). The essence of the three pages was that it's none of the OP's business if someone wants to use Mio, Crystal Light, Real lemon or any other flavoring. Which means none of us would call you a snob.

I have blood sugar issues and have asked for ice water and a couple of lemon wedges. They don't serve sugar free lemonade, so I just make it myself. I may not do it in the MDR though. Also, thinking about this mio thing now. Might bring some for the next cruise!

Ha! Ha! I was just thinking the same thing! DH and I don't like to drink pop or anything with sugar. I could look that stuff up and get some for our next trip!

I carry Crystal Light "To Go" packs with me all the time. Why? I dont like soda, Im not a huge fan of plain water and I like it!! Will I share with strangers? Probably not! If someone asked me and I had an extra, I would definitely give, but I would never offer. That would be weird.

I also used to drink Hydroxycut flavor packets. Weight loss supplement you pour into a bottle of water. Absolutely would not give to anyone...and its BRIGHT red. Maybe this pax has a vitamin supplement / diet supplement and its not appropriate to share.

But...as others have said...who cares!!

to answer your question OP, yes you are a snob.

you think you have the right to monitor others and approve/disapprove their actions, yet those persons have no right to monitor you? yes that makes you a snob and worse.

• 8 months later...
You know whats even more tacky? You having any concern that someone added flavoring to their drink... I have have no idea why would you even take the time to write about it.

If this is the kinda stuff that bothers passengers. ..I'm going to turn the carnival magic into the ss. Crazy house with my wierd antics. Guess my roomate and I will be outcasted to the corner of the mdr lol

I don't think either the OP or the person using the drops are Snobs. To each their own. We are thrifty and the cruise lines don't make much money on us. Last cruise we had a $650 on board credit and we ended up getting a $150 back on our credit card. Also had prepaid gratuties by the Travel agent so we made out like a bandit. We usually buy a soda card but don't even do that anymore. I see nothing wrong with brining Crystal Light packets to being along. Alot of people also bring their own coffee.

Happy sailing.:cool::cool::cool: