Ultimate Specialty Restaurant Package Review

PelicanLvr

We will be in a Sky Suite on the Solstice soon. I understand we get two free specialty restaurant dinners as part of the suite arrangements Can the ultimate package be used for suite guests? Do they get a refund for the days that they have included free?

If your cruise is 6 or 7 nights, you get one free specialty dinner. If it's 8 nights or more, you get two.

How are the days calculated for the package? If you leave on a Saturday and return on a saturday, is that $29 for 8 days or 7?

Thanks

Sat-Sat cruise is 7 nights, so 7 x $29.

I just got off the Reflection this past Saturday; we did the package and loved it!

Thank you for reposting in larger font. I really had a hard time reading and these are new lenses.

How much does the package cost? We are doing a 12 day cruise.

Don't know if it will work for you, but worth a try next time the printing is small.

I hold down the Ctrl key and hit the + key up at the top a few times to enlarge the print to where I can read it. You can take it down the same way - Ctrl w/the - (minus key). Let me know if it works for you. :)

If your cruise is 6 or 7 nights, you get one free specialty dinner. If it's 8 nights or more, you get two.

Sat-Sat cruise is 7 nights, so 7 x $29.

I just got off the Reflection this past Saturday; we did the package and loved it!

I'm confused does the $29 include tips or are they accumulated on your account each day?

Glad that you enjoyed and thanks for the info!

Barbara

I'm confused does the $29 include tips or are they accumulated on your account each day?

Glad that you enjoyed and thanks for the info!

Barbara

I believe that price includes the tips, as does the regular a la carte cover charge (ex. $40) if you just go to a restaurant now and then. However, we generally tip extra.

Don't know if it will work for you, but worth a try next time the printing is small.

I hold down the Ctrl key and hit the + key up at the top a few times to enlarge the print to where I can read it. You can take it down the same way - Ctrl w/the - (minus key). Let me know if it works for you. :)

Thank you...I'll try and remember that. ;)

Okay now back to the original thread...so if you're on a 12 day cruise and you decide to do this, it will be for the entire 12 days? :confused:

Yes, the final price of the ultimate specialty restaurant package is $29 per person per day - no further gratuities automatically added. We did leave an additional $15 for servers and $5 for wine steward each night in cash.

Sorry that I wasn't clear with my question. Do you choose the Pre-Paid Gratuities or is the daily charge added to your account. Thereby it would be $29 + $11 + whatever extra you choose to add at each venue.

thanks!

Sorry that I wasn't clear with my question. Do you choose the Pre-Paid Gratuities or is the daily charge added to your account. Thereby it would be $29 + $11 + whatever extra you choose to add at each venue.

thanks!

There are no additional gratuities needed for any of the specialty restaurants OR the ultimate dining package. (The gratuities are included in the price)

The ultimate dining package is purchased for $29 per person, per day, and because you have to purchase it on-board (No pre-cruise purchase) It will be put on your onboard account which you will pay at the end of your cruise.

If you wish to tip more on top of the inclusive gratuities you can do it on your own.

I hope this helps:)

· One meal in Bistro on 5 each day (ie we could not go to both breakfast & lunch there on the same day).

Hi could you clarify the above. When I read the promotional stuff for this it said unlimited breakfasts, lunches and dinners in Bistro at 5 and the Porch (if on the ships with the Porch). From your post it looks as if that is not the way it is being applied.

I am very interested in this package for our October cruise as the extra for an AQ room wa just silly - like over £1000 for the 2 weeks. £58 a day would be great value for us as we would also save the $280 approx that we would usually spend in the speciality restaurants.

thanks!

Ok, if I understand correctly, you are asking about the "standard" tips, right? The ones you either pre-pay or are "expected" to pay at the end of the cruise for your dining room waiter/asst waiter/head waiter and your cabin steward.

If you are planning to get the dining package onboard, then I imagine you would choose Celebrity Select dining, rather than an assigned MDR seating, right? When you choose Celebrity Select dining I believe you have to prepay your gratutities. Normally these would go toward your particular dining room staff, but as it also covers the service you receive ship-wide from other meals such as the buffett, lunch in the dining room etc, I personally did not quibble over it when we got the package. Plus it also covers your room steward. The gratuity that is included in the specialty dining package price is an additional gratuity for the service you receive specifically in those restaurants.

Gordon...: Yes, we were told Bistro was limited to one visit per day. That was perfect for us because we eat breakfast on our balcony each morning and would only eat lunch there. However, this seems to be a very new package and maybe the fellow that explained it to us was mistaken or X was experimenting with that limitation. If you are interested in the package, just clarify whether Bistro is limited or not.

Also, when we are going to eat dinner in a specialty restaurant every (or nealy every) night we always visit the MDR manager and let him/her know our table number and that we won't be using it. They are always very grateful and always invite us to let them know if we do decide to eat in the MDR so they can take care of us.

Like waterboy 123, we also pay the full auto tips to the MDR wait staff (eventhough we never meet them) as we see it as our choice not to eat at our assigned table and that should not hurt their wages. They count on those tips!

Archived