Recovering cancer patient wearing hat in MDR?

nittany lion fan

I would be inclined not to go for select dining as you will be sitting with different people every night whereas you go for an early or late seating you will be with the same people every night so although he may feel a little uncomfortable on the first night he should be more relaxed for the remainder of the cruise. This is my opinion only & how I think I would handle it.

I think it is wonderful that he is on the way to recovery & would think the majority of passengers would think the same. I hope you all have a wonderful cruise.

Go for the select dining and ask for a table for two - they will make every effort to meet your needs.

Go for the select dining and ask for a table for two - they will make every effort to meet your needs.

We have chosen select, anytime dining...maybe I didn't read something correctly, but I thought we could have a table for two...dinner is kind of our time and we just enjoy eating and not carrying on a conversation with people we really don't know....certainly not trying to sound standoffish...it's just what we prefer.

As far as some of the rude comments on this thread....I read and just SMH! :mad: :mad: :eek:

OMG Andy!

After your bitter tirade I went back and re-read every post on this thread. It is filled with nothing but helpful people trying to offer useful advice. Up until your post. I think you must have misinterpreted what has been written on here.

Whether it is a a judgemental society is irrelevant. Mean people on other threads? Also irrelevent. Whether you've had a bad day? Ditto!

Also, the cancer patient is a friend of the OP who will be travelling with them, not her husband

Please look at yourself again. You are the only one who has been judgemental.

And before you repost to flame me again, I will say that its pretty rough to speak to anyone the way you have here, let alone someone who has already identified themselves as a cancer patient!

OMG Andy!

After your bitter tirade I went back and re-read every post on this thread. It is filled with nothing but helpful people trying to offer useful advice. Up until your post. I think you must have misinterpreted what has been written on here.

Whether it is a a judgemental society is irrelevant. Mean people on other threads? Also irrelevent. Whether you've had a bad day? Ditto!

Also, the cancer patient is a friend of the OP who will be travelling with them, not her husband

Please look at yourself again. You are the only one who has been judgemental.

And before you repost to flame me again, I will say that its pretty rough to speak to anyone the way you have here, let alone someone who has already identified themselves as a cancer patient!

I am sorry that some people feel upset by certain remarks on these boards but the written word can be misinterpreted sometimes. I was hoping Andy was just misinterpreting the meaning behind posts but maybe not. :D

I am sorry that some people feel upset by certain remarks on these boards but the written word can be misinterpreted sometimes. I was hoping Andy was just misinterpreting the meaning behind posts but maybe not. :D

Oh BS.....I've seen a number of "pompous" people on CC and other travel forums...I think/believe there was NOT a misinterpretation......the OP was asking a question. Besides that fact no one....absolutely no one should be belittled and under the circumstances, I say to anyone that posts negative comments about this situation...please walk just one short mile in the life of a cancer victim. You have no idea. Shame, shame, shame...again...SMH!

We are cruising to Bermuda with a good friend who is in treatment for cancer. Because of chemo, hair is gone. Should we take select dining, because he wants to wear a hat (uncomfortable without it) or should we avoid the dining rooms @ dinner and go to buffet?? Do any of you have a recommendation for a hat ? Fedora???? Thanks.

I am delighted to hear your friend is recovering from cancer. I happen to be bald and think bald is beautiful. but if your friend is uncomfortable being bald then by all means he should wear a hat in the MDR. I would suggest someting with some style. He might just as well make a statement.

Archived