Attempt at a Semi- LIVE report from the Adventure of the Seas b2b, Feb 17 & 24, 2013!

ckrobyn

ROBYN UPDATE:

Onboard at 11:20. Already saw MDR table. 10 top by window as requested.

In the Windjammer now.

Easiest boarding proccess EVER!

`Port was like a well oiled machine`

Robyn`s BFF:D

Edited by Shar27

Sharonna, thanks for the updates!

Robyn, let the fun begin!

No matter how many times you cruise I know it's still so exciting the moment you hear that sea pass "ping" and step foot on your ship once again. :D

Edited by BonTexasNY

I take Dramamine the whole time I am on a cruise, but I have found that it keeps me from having a hangover. Even tried it when I am back on land and it works!

Am I the only one that has to take the seasick medicine once I'm off of the boat? I have never had any issues while at sea, but the week after I'm back on terra-firma I HAVE to take bonine or something as I am nauseous and wobbling non-stop. DW is just the opposite - bonine on the ship due to issues, but fine once on land. Just wondered if this happens to anyone else?

CKROBIN - thanks for your reply. Hope you have a fantastic time. Not the same as sailing myself, but this sure does help with the mid-winter blues until sail in late April! All my best~

We chose early seating this cruise, and we are in Owner's Suite 1300 for both weeks of our b2b. This is our very first OS and we are super excited about it! I received a letter from our Concierge, Sylvia earlier in the week inviting me to email her with any special requests we may have. Our Captain is Ole Johan Grunhaug (sp?) and our CD is Anthony Richards who is replacing a vacationing Drew Devine.

We have 1308 next door for our cruise in April, will be looking at your pics with great interest.

Robyn .... knew you'd be seeing your ship come in!!! Now planning to be awake at 4:30am to see mine from the Marriott in March!

Shar thank you for the port update! We had that same type experience at embarkation last March .... glad to hear it hasn't changed despite the occasional reports of "issues".

OB will be anxious to hear about your Indy cruise ... we haven't done anything bigger than the AOS. Would love to hear some comparisons ..... Maybe we'll see you in San Juan on the 7th ... we'll have our beads on!

Am I the only one that has to take the seasick medicine once I'm off of the boat? I have never had any issues while at sea, but the week after I'm back on terra-firma I HAVE to take bonine or something as I am nauseous and wobbling non-stop. DW is just the opposite - bonine on the ship due to issues, but fine once on land. Just wondered if this happens to anyone else?

CKROBIN - thanks for your reply. Hope you have a fantastic time. Not the same as sailing myself, but this sure does help with the mid-winter blues until sail in late April! All my best~

Vince, it isn't that uncommon to lose your land legs after getting your sea legs! I have noticed that as I sail on newer and larger ships with great stabilizers (and have had great luck with calm seas) I experience post cruise wobbliness less frequently.

For CKRobyn, I'm joining you for your cruise (virtually) until it's our turn in 56 days!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

It happens to me, too, but only if I haven't been sick on board LOL!!!! Although on my most recent cruise, I didn't have either, maybe because it was a 14 night cruise I had time to get "stabilized"?

Beth

Glad we are not the only one's who have the wobbles for a few days after the cruise. I think it is post cruise depression,LOL

Where is Robyn? It is 20 degrees here and going down to 9 degrees tonight plus windchill. I need an Adventure "fix".

I suspect she is enjoying her vacation too much to give us poor cold people a "fix".;)

Glad we are not the only one's who have the wobbles for a few days after the cruise. I think it is post cruise depression,LOL

I would say that I think you hit the nail on the head, however, my post-cruise depression sets in on day 6. DW says that I make myself depressed as I do a day-by-day countdown in anticipation of the cruise - then by day two I am doing the "oh crap, only __ many days of the cruise left" countdown. DW thinks I'm a nut. Yet she goes with me every time!

There's actually a name for that: Mal de débarquement syndrome.

Daghis - Thanks. I have never heard of this, but that is EXACTLY what I get. And I get it every single time. It makes no sense to me that I don't get seasick, as I get motion sickness very easily (riding in cars, amusement park rides that go in circles, and even swinging on a swing - back and forth!). The first cruise I was so proud of myself for not getting sick; in part because it was the first cruise with my now wife, and I didn't want her to see me that way. Then the post-cruise caught up to me. I thought I was crazy. The only thing that I don't get is the headaches. Bonine does help though! Thanks again.

Happens to me every time, even on a house boat on the lake, fine when I'm on water, but as soon as I'm on solid ground again...woa...the head, she spins...going to try dramamine AFTER the cruise this time...lol

Happens to me every time, even on a house boat on the lake, fine when I'm on water, but as soon as I'm on solid ground again...woa...the head, she spins...going to try dramamine AFTER the cruise this time...lol

Go to your local Pharmacist and buy Sea Bands. You can still drink alcohol while wearing them. Good Luck.

Edited by CLL Ranger